Depends on what you need to do...

by Doc Nickel

The '98 power tube is integral with the valve. In order to lengthen it, you'd presumably need to make an entirely new valve body.

But, there's an option- depending on what you have in mind, if you don't need the bolt to travel all the way down the power tube, you can make a stepped, slip on extension, similar to how tentpoles or two-piece fishing rods slide together.

Such a thing could theoretically be made with a drill press and a wood lathe, if you use something like Delrin, but yeah, a proper metalworking lathe would of course be the far superior choice.


Posted on Jan 12, 2018, 11:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home


eXTReMe Tracker