New N54-to-Tapatalk update:

by Doc Nickel

While we're updating, I got an email earlier today from Tapatalk, with a link to a beta-test version of what the Tinker's Guild will look like after the transition:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thetinkersguild

DO NOT POST ANYTHING OVER THERE! Any action taken over there will be deleted once the changeover is made. You might experiment with changing avatars and whatnot, but if you upload anything, it'll be deleted after the switch.

I haven't had time to do anything more than just look at it. It's a new format for the Guild, to be sure, and I don't know what options are available, but as soon as the book run dies down a bit, I'll do a little fiddling and see what's possible.

They say once the swapover is made, all N54 addresses and links will automatically redirect. I'll likely have to redo the banner title and whatnot, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If there are any teething problems, have patience, they'll be working on it. Not much I'll be able to do apart from send 'em an inquisitive email. happy.gif

Let me know what you think.
Doc.

Posted on Feb 7, 2018, 2:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. First issue.... Doc Nickel, Feb 7, 2018
    1. Maybe they can be edited?. Snowtroll, Feb 7, 2018
      1. Most sites that look like that. Typeminer, Feb 7, 2018
  2. looks like we will need yet another log in and pass word .... B, Feb 7, 2018
    1. Not really. Bruce, Feb 7, 2018
    2. I'll want to change anyway. It's using my login name, not eddi.... eddi, Feb 7, 2018
      1. You mean you're NOT eddi?. Jelsemium, Feb 9, 2018
        1. I'm still the old fox dear rosebush. I just use different logins everywhere. n/t. eddi, Feb 9, 2018
  3. So far.... Nohbody, Feb 8, 2018
    1. And no dice 12 hours later.. Nohbody, Feb 8, 2018
  4. Second issue, no more subject lines on replies. Bruce, Feb 12, 2018

Quantcast

eXTReMe Tracker