Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 139QMB?
    • Snowtroll
      Posted Jun 2, 2011 12:51 AM

Chinese moped?

Then it's a Honda copy. Not certain if it's licensed, but yeah, it's a Honda.
      Wouldn't trust it to be built to the same standard and tolerances, though, so don't expect it to be able to hold up to the same abuse as a REAL Honda engine.

The carburettor is Chinese-made, but as it says on top 'designed in Japan'.

You may want to pick up the Haynes 'Chinese, Taiwanese & Korean Scooters' manual (4768)
      Or if you're an expert on the moped; just as sheet with 'Step 1: Remove battery leads'...

Got a Kinroad XT50 scooter.
      Unfortunately, it has mostly been imported by 'fly by night' companies here, selling them on the net, or even on online auctions, so spare parts are hard to get hold of. Probably easier for new models, but not for my 2006 model as the design changed rapidly the first few years.(There was an online shop catering to owners of Chinese mopeds/MCs, but they flosed down this winter.)
      I found out that the speedometer wire assembly is a direct copy of a Honda kit. (The one I got was marked Honda VT600... Probably the single most valuable part on it now... )
      The gaskets on the inlet manifold, though, are not in the Honda parts list. Neither are the thin O-rings that belongs with them.
      (Gaskets I cut from special cardboard I picked up at a repair shop. O-rings were replaced with instant-gasket. The heat-proof variety. )

Not even going to try to track down a new air-filter box(broke it when I lifted the durn thing into the back of my car the last time it broke down.), so it's time to try glue...

I keep a ratcheting screwdriver and a set of bits, a couple of pipes and a ratchet for them, a multitool and of course a big roll of duct tape in the 'helmet room' under the seat.
      (That room only fits those 'girly' helmets with no chin-protection. I'm using a 'system' helmet where the whole front swings up.)
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)