Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Lucky you...
    • Snowtroll
      Posted Jun 2, 2011 3:21 AM

Here parts are difficult to find.
      Some I can possibly scare up on eBay, but for the frame or panels, forget it.

Going to a Honda shop?
      Not unless I want to take out a mortgage.
      (The speedo wire cost me $80 ! Can you imagine what they'd charge to do any work?)

Luckily, I bought parts to rebuild the variator before the specialty store closed down. Even luckier, that they got the right 8gram rollers.
      They were mostly selling 'tuning' parts, larger cylinders, lighteight rollers, and such. Stuff that's illegal to drive around with.

The law here in Norway is that:
      1. No messing with changing engine or gearing on road-legal mopeds. don't even think of it. (Unless you want to re-certify it as a light MC, with all the red tape that includes. And the factory or importer says it's OK... )
      2. You're rebuilding it for racing? Sure... As long as it fits a class used in races endorsed by the Motorsports association. Incidentally, there's no official races for 80cc scooters, so no can do...

But selling the parts is legal...

I must admit totampering with my scooter, though...
      I replaced the wonky rollers in the variator(weight varied from 7.7 to 8.5grams) with 'racing' rollers at 6grams. Didn't give me more speed, but it improved accelleration and fuel economy. Still, as they're illegal, they'll be changed the next time I open up that part of the scooter.

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

eXTReMe Tracker