Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • to be honest
    • wolf13
      Posted Jun 24, 2011 5:42 PM

to be honest, even if CF is completely off the wall on his statements (not saying he is, in fact he may very well be right), Schlock still has a huge hurdle to overcome to beat GG. I love both dearly, both have their high points and both have low points. I've reread the entire series of both more then once, and I'd almost have to flip a coin most days to say which I like better. I know a lot of other people feel the same way. But, GG has one big advantage over Schlock, and Howard has never seemed to hesitate to agree, and that is GG just looks better art wise. I know, its not really a fair comparison, schlock would not be the same if Howard tried to imitate GG's look (to be fair, Howard is better at moving a story along then Phil) and he has come a long way. but for a voter packet, it does make a difference that one looks like a comic book and one looks like a newspaper strip and it is a visual medium.

For the record my top five comics in no particular order:
      Dominic Deegan
      Gunnerkrigg Court
      the-Whiteboard
      Schlock Mercenary
      Girl Genius

All five earned that spot, my comics list is pages long many of which I no longer check; but those five keep me checking for the update.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

eXTReMe Tracker