Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Looking for large arbor sawblade
    • Gunslinger
      Posted Apr 20, 2012 9:39 PM

So i have spent the last month in ukraine and made friends with a guy that has a very interesting woodcarving shop full of homebrew tablesaws and other pretty cool stuff.bthe guy actually handmakes piles of woodcutting bit to custom makes door , molding,etc.
      Anyways the guy explained to me that he is in a bind and looking some new blades for his main table saw as the old one has reached a point that it is pointless to try resharpening the points and his reserve blades are all in a similar condition. I and a friend said we would acquire him some replacements.

Now my fix is that the sawblades have a 2" arbor and the closest thing i can seem to find on mcmaster carr is a 1" arbor blade.
      So anybody got suggestions. I know the old blades were made by bosch, supposedly but that was likely during the soviet union.

Also the Overall diameter is not very important. As the blades we looked at were about 13 inch but his tablesaw had plenty of clearance for sawblades probably twice that size.

Thanks in advance,
      GS
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)