Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Evolt Home Kit

• Posted Jun 10, 2012 12:15 PM

Just found the forum, Greetings! Nice place you have here. I wanted to run this by some smart folks and this seems to be the place to do it.

I recently discoverd the Evolt, which got me thinking. I like the concept, no chance it will ever come out, but could you build one on your own? Here was my thought...

.50 cal - Why? Because it would take less air to propel the ball to 300 FPS

Home built Apex - Because you would get better range from .50 cal, should not be to hard long barrel for good efficiency

The gun? Maybe a low end spyder .20 cal marker to chop up.

The compressor? probably a high powered airsoft set up

The layout? basicaly like a P90, bullpup style with feed port and what not as far back toward the shoulder as possible

The hopper? Would be top of the gun, basically a Pinocio with the snout going all the way to front of the gun.

The battery? Probably something off the shelf, IE the Dewalt 12v cordless drill battery (or what would match the compressor best), light and easy to pack a few

I would love to build this someday, a major project, but in forums opinion would it even be possible?

Thanks!
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

eXTReMe Tracker