Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Remember my Paintball Gun X-Rays?

• Posted Jul 9, 2012 5:56 PM

Now's your chance to own one of your very own!

Years ago (like, 2004-2005) I shot a bunch of X-Rays of various paintball guns. At first it was "just because we could", and because I'm an unrepentant gadget freak, but after posting a few shots online, I got lots of requests for copies or prints.

My local print guy hooked us up with a poster printer... who promptly got washed away- literally- in one of the Florida hurricanes. The printer himself also suffered a house fire in the middle of all that, so the upshot was it was a couple of years before the posters were available.

The original posters were only mediocre sellers, in part because at the time, the market was moving so fast, that by the time I got a poster out, there was either a new version out or they'd stopped making it. (The originals were an E-Blade 'Cocker, an Ironmen Intimidator, a new-style Shocker and an XMag- by the time the posters made it out, Eclipse had stopped making the EBlade frames, AGD had stopped making the XMag, and Bob Long's "flavor of the week" Intimidators had moved on five or six more generations.)

Anyway, while that was all playing out, I was X-raying other markers and making plans for more posters. I ended up zapping better than two dozen guns, ranging from an Angel to a Supernova.

The images are really cool, but they're just sitting here gathering dust. I have them scanned as high-resolution digital files (we even HDR'ed 'em to bring out even more detail) in case I ever want to do additional prints or posters, so I've put the originals up on eBay for your viewing pleasure. Bids start at just 99 cents and there's no reserve.

If I had a place to show 'em off, I'd make up a frame with some LED backlighting or something, maybe EL wire. They'd make a great sign for a store airsmith, too. happy.gif

Doc.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

eXTReMe Tracker