Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Taking a look at that set...
    • Penguin
      Posted Aug 8, 2012 9:43 PM

My original post was on my lunch break so I never checked out the listing so I thought I'd run through my opinion quickly.

Two concerns on those tanks. 1) The paint has covered over the date stamp information and your local field will refuse to fill them 2) They're plain out of date and will need to be replaced anyways due to the cost of retesting them.

The mask is standard beginners kit gear and honestly will cause you more grief than it's worth. They don't typically fit very well and aren't comfortable to wear all day. The anti-fog is usually a joke as well and it's no fun (or safe) to play blind. My guess is you'd be looking to replace it after one days play. The best advice I can give you is to head to a local shop and try on their selection of masks to find what fits you best. Vforce Profilers and Proto Axis and the like are pretty popular mid range masks that'll make your day way more enjoyable. A good mask will have a 10x greater impact on your game than any marker will.

I don't see the repair kit in the pictures so I'm just going to assume it's the standard couple o'rings and maybe a cup seal that every manufacturer throws in the box.

Looking on your CL there are a couple A5s for about the same price as the kit you're looking at now that are already upgraded which might give you more bang for your buck. However you'll need to purchase a mask and air source yourself.
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

eXTReMe Tracker