Return  

Re: Draft

April 29 2012 at 7:24 AM
No score for this post

Sam Wyche  (Login wyche)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 68.110.177.183

Response to Draft

Day three of the draft can only be graded out in three or four years...like someone said, if they get one stud out of those picks (say, Houshmandzedeh over a decade ago) then day 3 is an absolute success. I will say that Bronco marginalizes this day a bit (teams like the Steelers that have seemingly unlimited depth do well on day three while teams with no depth like the Redskins or Browns do not), but this is depth and diamond in the rough day. Ideally guys who will be on the roster for three or four years, but you do get the occasional Housh in this spot.

With that said, day 1 I've been loud and clear that I was not a fan of, but opinions clearly differ anywhere from "this was a great first round" to "this was a horrible first round." I'm somewhere in between but leaning negative with a slow corner and a low second round value guard being taken when they could have had the next Steve Hutchinson or Alan Faneca instead.

Day 2 I LOVED. Devon Still from Penn State was one of the top 5 "best" picks in the draft (Steelers getting DeCastro, Chargers getting Ingram were in my opinion the two 'best' picks...Still to the Bungs is IMO the third 'best' pick). Sanu at WR I also see fitting in here and hopefully excelling in this offense to compliment AJ Green. Brandon Thompson BETTER be an impact player considering that he is our 'compensation' for giving Pittsburgh DeCastro.

Day 3 is day 3. Three picks in round 5 and the experts say good value so hopefully that is the case. And I have no problem with Herron in round 6. I don't see him as NFL material personally but this is one guy that the Bungles thin scouting staff has probably seen quite a bit and they may know a little more about him. I don't see him as a character issue.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Draft
Page 1 2
Synonymous BengalApr 29, 2012, 10:38 AM