Return  

The roster...

April 30 2012 at 7:02 AM
No score for this post

murf  (Login murf129)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 74.215.132.32

QB--Dalton/Gradkowski
After watching this kid play with limited knowledge of a developing playbook a rookie cord., a rookie target and no legit 3rd down weapon, I love what I see.

HB--Ellis/Scott/Leanord/Peerman/Brown/Herron
Gruden wants back by committee and that is the only thing making me accept this as workable.
Have to get Scott and Hawkins mixed into early downs to get match ups.

WR--Green/Shipley/Sanu/Jones/Hazelton/Whalen/Binns/Tate/Hawkins
Tate might be out, but the rest of this roster looks like a huge upgrade from last year.
Shipley's return makes this team and Dalton that much better.

TE--Gresham/Lee/Charles
Very solid for the first time in decades

T--Whitworth/Smith/Rolland/Collins/Odonell
Reports are fat azz is in shape and ready to play for a contract, solid back ups
Whit is one of the best in football.

G--Zietler/Bell/Wharton/Hudson/Boling
Very solid if rookie is as good as they say

C--Cook/Zietler/Bell
Cook is solid, and only has gotten better

DE--Anderson/Dunlap/Harvey/Geathers/Johnson
Find me a better rotation in football.

DT--Peko/Still/Thompson/Simms/Atkins/Hayden
Find me a better rotation in football.

LB--Skuta/Rey/Muckelroy/Moch/Maualuga/Burfict/Howard/Lawson/Evans/Johnson
Howard and Lawson on the outside with Maualuga and Burfict on the inside and the coaches are very high on Moch and Muckelroy.
Maualuga is facing a suspension, but I like what I see here.

CB--Hall/Newman/Clemments/Pacman/Kirkpatrick/Allen/Prater/Ghee
If Hall is healthy they are in great shape, if Hall is not read, I am not that worried with Newman in the mix.

S--Mays/Nelson/Miles/Sands/Lloka
Nelson's return was huge and Mays has unlimited potential, but would like to point out something here.
With the size of today's TE, the Bengals mtach up size very well with these guys.

Tailback is my biggest concern.
Scott is the only threat to hit a homerun.
If they use all the backs and place them in favorable situations, I will not worry but if Marvin wants to go back to his 1980's style of football, then I am worried because nobody on the roster strikes fear into a defense.

I like what I watched last year with Gruden and it should be 10 times better with Shipley on the field and if Sanu or Jones are anything decent, then this offense can be very good.

Defense..Safety still scares me a bit but the front of this defense is pretty fuching solid.
When you are looking at backups that are former top picks at DE and you have a rotation like they do on the line, I will not hesitate to call that rotation the best in the NFL.

So what you will folks but Mikey and Marvin have done an exceptional job the past 3 years putting this roster together.
Now if Marvin can just coach and not get in the way, you might be looking at a very good football team this year.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: *bengalbearApr 30, 2012, 1:15 PM
  Re: * Apr 30, 2012, 6:43 PM
   Re: * Apr 30, 2012, 7:01 PM
    Re: * Apr 30, 2012, 7:49 PM
     Sounds familiarOldSchoolerApr 30, 2012, 7:53 PM
      Re: Sounds familiarmurfMay 1, 2012, 5:18 AM
       Re: Sounds familiarSam WycheMay 1, 2012, 8:52 AM
        Re: Sounds familiarSam WycheMay 1, 2012, 9:08 AM
         Re: Sounds familiarmurfMay 1, 2012, 9:16 AM
          Really - its been the last two drafts....The Swamp RatMay 1, 2012, 6:50 PM
           Re: *bengalbearMay 1, 2012, 7:35 PM