Return  

Hate to take the bait...but should be fun

May 4 2012 at 7:35 PM
No score for this post

Fraidy Cat  (Login fraidycat)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator
from IP address 68.107.135.154

Response to Re: I will post it since the liberal media will not

I really don't understand the controversy here. A guy with no training in law enforcement who was in a neighborhood watch sees another guy. He calls the police. The police remind him of the #1 rule of neighborhood watch - WATCH; they tell him the police are on the way and not to follow. Against police instructions and SOPs for the watch program, he confronts the "suspect" who was not engaged in a crime where anyone was in mortal peril. Even if you think the "suspect" was up to something, the worst that could be imagined was property crime. The "watch" man then kills the unarmed "suspect". It's 2nd degree murder. It's no mystery. There is not one word of the above that is in dispute. Black, white, red, green - those are the facts.

A second issue which seems like another non-controversy is that Marine who got fired for posting that he would not follow the President's orders on Facebook. He's in the military. When you sign up, you come under rules that don't apply to civilians. Namely, the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Want to bash the president publicly? Great. Just don't join the military. The UCMJ rule is pretty clear:

"ART. 91. INSUBORDINATE CONDUCT TOWARD WARRANT OFFICER, NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER, OR PETTY OFFICER

Any warrant officer or enlisted member who--

(1) strikes or assaults a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer, while that officer is in the execution of his office;

(2) willfully disobeys the lawful order of a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer; or

(3) treats with contempt or is disrespectful in language or deportment toward a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer while that officer is in the execution of his office;

shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

So, the guy violates #3 and gets fired. If the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers, Douglas MacArthur, gets fired for it, is it a surprise that a rank and file guy gets fired? Clear as a bell.

"I fired him because he wouldn't respect the authority of the President. I didn't fire him because he was a dumb son of a bitch, although he was..." - President H. Truman

Again, all this controversy on these two issues when there is zero room for interpretation of the facts.

- FC

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Hate to take the bait...but should be funmurfMay 4, 2012, 9:14 PM
 Zimmerman's VersionpsychostatsMay 4, 2012, 11:42 PM
  Re: Zimmerman's VersionmurfMay 5, 2012, 10:37 AM
   Re: Zimmerman's VersionSynonymous BengalMay 5, 2012, 11:02 AM
  Re: Zimmerman's VersionFraidy CatMay 5, 2012, 12:34 PM
   Re: *bengalbearMay 5, 2012, 4:02 PM
    Re: *Synonymous BengalMay 5, 2012, 9:20 PM
     Re: *murfMay 6, 2012, 8:15 AM
      Re: *broncMay 6, 2012, 11:39 AM