Return  

Re: Not....

May 5 2012 at 9:09 PM
No score for this post
Synonymous Bengal  (Login CIN-C-STAR)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 76.104.64.222

Response to Re: Not....

The biggest thing to me is the durability question. Predicting injuries is impossible but Zeitler had the same ankle hurt 3 times in college, DeCastro never missed a game.

Also, it just smacks of the Chris Perry drafting logic (which Murf also loved, need I remind you). Pass on the best overall guy because you just need someone who fits a need in your system instead. We didn't need future pro-bowler Stephen Jackson because we had Rudi johnson, instead we got our 3rd-down back Perry. This year we didn't need a great pulling guard, we needed Zeitler our mauler in the running game.

I'm of the opinion you take the best player available. You never know what the future holds and difference makers are at a premium. Gruden might leave after this season and then you are starting over with a new system. Great coaches should be able to utilize their players talents.

I'm sure the Bungs will say they had Zeitler rated higher and "knew" that with DeCastro on the board they could wait and still get "their guy," and I guess we'll never know for sure. But I have trouble believing the brownHole has well placed spies in other teams' draft rooms feeding him reliable information.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Not....
Page 1 2
broncMay 6, 2012, 11:40 AM