Respond to this messageReturn
Original Message
  • ND
    • SaintsFanToo (Login SaintsFanToo)
      Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
      Posted Dec 1, 2004 10:12 AM

Lets look at reality:

1. Sure it was easier to get great athletes in the 40's 50's and 60's at Notre Dame. The reason is that a Notre Dame diploma was worth more than a pro football contract back then. It was worth more than other diplomas too if you played football. Thats not true now.

2. How do you beat Michigan early in the season then lose to BC and then get crushed by USC at the end? Sorry but this team got worse as the season wore on. That is a coaching not player problem.

3. ND makes a whole lot of money with its NBC deal. They can't afford to suck too much longer if they want to keep it going.

4. I agree that if I were a blue chip brother, I would much rather go to Miami, Florida anyplace, USC aka LA, Columbus, Louisville et al. South Bend is only a little better than College Station which SUCKS.

5. For all of you UK bball fans out there, would Tubby still be around if he started off his first three seasons like Ty? The answer is no. UK's bball program and Notre Dame's fball program are very similar in their expectations. Furthermore, the long leash for ND coaches went out the window after Faust and Davie stunk up the place.

Just my worthless non revenue generating opinion. SF2
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.