Respond to this messageReturn
Original Message
  • Mikey-Boy Agrees
    • (Login psychostats)
      MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator
      Posted Jul 20, 2011 10:05 PM

[linked image]

Mike Brown:
      Those fellows at MBS are right for a change. This really has been the best offseason ever. Right, Marvin?

It started off with a bang with you and me working out our differences, and now you're staying for the long haul. Right, Marvin?

Then I kept to my guns when Carson threatened to retire. Better to lose him with nothing to show in return then to give-in and make a trade. I mean, everybody would want to leave otherwise. Right, Marvin?

During the draft, I stood up for my principles again and rejected Atlanta's big trade offer. It wasn't half as lavish as what New Orleans offered years ago when I took Akili. If I rejected that offer, I sure as heck was gonna reject this one. Right, Marvin?

Then there was the launch of Who Dey Perspective, our wonderful new public relations tool. With that, we defended the stadium deal, not just once, but twice! We sure told 'em, didn't we? We had every right to fleece the county for every red cent we could get. Just what they needed to hear. Right, Marvin?

And we used WDP to respond to that phony-baloney "pro sports franchise rankings" nonsense. Harrumph! It was all based on fans' opinions. As if they even matter. Right, Marvin?

And we stood resolutely quiet when three of our players got arrested over three days. It's always good to keep quiet on such matters, and we showed impressive restraint. Right, Marvin?

Best of all, there's all the ready-made excuses served-up by the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Now whenever I'm criticized for not spending money, I'll just point to the new rules governing player payroll and the salary cap. Ahhhhhh... It'll be so nice not having to cook up separate reasons for every little thing. As if the overall budget will even be affected. Right, Marvin?

Marvin Lewis:
      Tee hee hee! That Coach of the Year award feels like an eternity ago.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.