psychostats (Login psychostats) MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator Posted Oct 23, 2011 9:48 PM
The semi-realistic homer might say something like this:
- The easy first portion of the schedule was tailor made for a young team.
- The Bungs have their confidence up now. They're on a roll.
- They've done wildly better than any reasonable person expected. Who's to say they won't keep it up?
- Luck has amazingly gone their way, like with the officiating.
- They have what Paul Daugherty calls the "It" factor.
Me, I'm not that hopeful but keeping an open mind. If they keep beating the weaker teams, they'll stay very much in the hunt. The next two games are against 2-4 Seattle and 3-3 Tennessee. The Bungs could eventually be 6-2 and still have only beaten one team with a winning record. (I know, Tennessee is almost sure to be 4-3 after facing the Colts next week. But the Bungs beating a 4-3 Titans team will not impress the skeptics.) An there's still St. Louis, Arizona, and Cleveland on the schedule.
My point is that you can't count on the Bungs fortunes crashing, either.