Sam Wyche (Login wyche) Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members Posted Jul 23, 2012 6:52 AM
The sanctions are out:
1. 60 million dollars in fines
2. Vacates ALL wins from 1998-2011 and ALL of the records that go with it
3. 4-year bowl ban/postseason bid
4. Loss of 40 scholarships over 4 years
5. 5-years probation
What this means:
1. JoePa is no longer the all time winningist coach! Check!
2. Because of the severity of the sanctions namely the bowl ban the NCAA is allowing any player the right to transfer without the penalty of sitting out the season. We will see what happens here!
3. the loss of scholarships and bowl bans WILL hurt the football program
I like it. It definitely sends a message to a school that "football was holier than thou art" that this is not what college athletics is about. Not that Duke or North Carolina or Kentucky Basketball or Notre Dame or Ohio State or Alabama or Michigan football is covering-up pedophiles, but those are the type of institutions that this could theoretically happen at. Hopefully nothing this bad ever happens again.
It also punishes Joe Pa's legacy and the university. Both of which deserves it! Sure, it punishes the players a bit, but the players are given the option to leave. The bowl ban and the scholarship ban cripples recruiting.