<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Pete Rose will admit he bet on baseball?

December 31 2003 at 8:02 PM
No score for this post

Dunn4QB  (Login Dunn4QB)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 209.240.205.61

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20031231&content_id=623901&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

...You heard it here first. The fact that they gave Dave Miley a one year contract jut might be because Lindner wants to utimatelty hire Pete back as manager. Which I think would be a huge mistake. It would be a Big Circus and Pete's every move would be analyzed to death plus I don't think he's a great manager but Lindner knows Pete would sell tickets. This is just a theory Of mine.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dunn4QB
(Login Dunn4QB)

AND

No score for this post
December 31 2003, 8:10 PM 

they gave Bob Boone a 3 year contract in 2000 and he had a horrible record as a manager.
Miley has won wherever he's been... http://www.mileynow.com/ ...and he gets a one year deal and the players praise.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: AND

No score for this post
January 1 2004, 8:25 AM 

If Pete Rose admits he bet on baseball, how in the world could MLB let him manage a team again?

I say let him in the hall, but that's it!

dacow
(Login dacow)

If Uncle Carl brings in Pete to manage...

No score for this post
January 1 2004, 8:30 AM 

He is more out of touch than I thought. What's next?Mood Ring Day at the ballpark? Get a clue Carl, the players don't respect Pete and the fans aren't gonna come to see him mangle or manage a game. Whadda joke.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: If Uncle Carl brings in Pete to manage...

No score for this post
January 1 2004, 11:36 AM 

"mood ring day" LMAO!

But don't let it suprise anyone if there will be more gimmicks like bobbleheads and memorabilia given away to try to attract suckers to come see a miserable excuse for a ballclub!

They'll be lucky to win 70 games!

Then Pete in 2005! OH Yeah! "The Drive For 05"

shameful
(Login shameful)

no pete

No score for this post
January 1 2004, 11:51 PM 

Pete Rose managing the reds again would be a huge mistake. He has lost all respect. I can't imagine MLB allowing it.

Ar-too
(Login s3por2d)

70 games?

No score for this post
January 2 2004, 6:50 AM 

Dude, they'll be lucky if they lose 100. Cory Lidle is our ace heading into next season. Ugh.

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

Re: 70 games?

No score for this post
January 2 2004, 9:41 AM 

I'd rather get a mood ring than attend a Reds game just because Pete Rose is the manager.

When I was 9 or 10 years old, that jerk treated me like dirt in at an autograph session. He spoke nicely to all the children who purchased his book, but he scowled at the kids who only had a piece of paper (like me). Autographs weren't really such a hot commodity back then (I threw Pete's autograph away the next day), and I certainly didn't have enough money to buy his book anyway.

George Foster was a much nicer person, and he was the player I wanted to meet at the mall anyway.

terdbucket
(Login terdbucket)

roses are dead

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 9:42 AM 

Pete should first admit that he is an A-hole and then he could regain some credibility. 14 years of denial cannot be overcome in overnite.

Dunn
(Login Dunn4QB)

This just in...

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 9:54 AM 

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: This just in...

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 11:24 AM 

In his attempt to regain credibility Pete Rose's biggest enemy is Pete Rose!

He is the poster child for self destructive behavior!

There's no way MLB can afford to reinstate Pete! Hall of Fame? Yes! but I agree with SF2, put him in after he dies!

murf
(Login murf12)

Re: Re: This just in...

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 12:41 PM 

Typical idiots!!!!!!!!!!11
I am freinds with Pete Jr. and Pete Rose Sr. is about the nicest guy that you could meet.

So, watch what you say about the Rose stuff, have known the family for years.
Jr. use to get bashed all of time, not b/c he was an azzhole, but b/c people like you just assumed certain things.

He should be reinstated and he should have every chance to do whatever job is offered to him.

Why, is it that he is blasted for 1 thing he did wrong, but sh!theads like Strawberry and Gooden and Steve Howe can get 15 chances?
Why is it ok for Sammy to cork a bat or Bonds to take steroids but Pete made a mistake 20 years ago and you idiots still bash him?

GET A LIFE YOU FUCHING LOSERS, THE MAN ,MADE A MISTAKE AND HE IS STILL THE GREATEST BALL PLAYER TO EVER WEAR A REDS UNIFORM AND ONE OF THE BEST EVER IN THE GAME.

KITNA-HAWKINS= PEPTO

Petey
(Login Dunn4QB)

Pete Rose Jr. says

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 1:14 PM 

Murf, Dude, I met you like twice and it was after I caught you naked with a jar of vaseline peeping in my window that I got a restraining order, remember? Besides you've been posting here, how long? Why would you bring this up now and not before? You told me your really a Steelers fan, Huh? I'n not your friend and My father finds you creepy and does not want to be associated with you, you Perv.

"I love the Steelers and how they play"-murf

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: Pete Rose Jr. says

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 2:39 PM 

Typical idiots!!!!!!!!!!11
I am freinds with Pete Jr. and Pete Rose Sr. is about the nicest guy that you could meet. Murf

Yeah! if you're a bookie! LMAO

Pete's an ass and we all know it, you know it, I have heard numerous stories of how he is rude to kids, in my book he's not a good person!

Heard it from a couple different sources, so it must be true!

Dumm44
(Login Dunn4QB)

More Classic Murfisms

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 3:10 PM 

MURF: you and Petey Jr. are friends? Then Falc and Goose are good friends. I can't wait til my book of "Murfisms" comes out. That just beyond funny!
PLEASE DON'T GO AWAY, MURF!

STORM: I think that quote would make lovely signature? That is, If you haven't poured acid on your balls yet?

RACKERS: I took one for the team and to quote the great Pee Wee Herman...
"You don't wanna mess wth me ...I am Loner ...A REBEL!"

"I love the Steelers and how they play"-murf

terdbucket
(Login terdbucket)

too little too late

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 3:48 PM 

Hi, I'm Pete Rose and after 14 years, out of desperation to be recognized for my accomplishments, I'm finally gonna admit I made a mistake. Now that noone in the world gives two craps I'm gonna do it. Not in person in front of my family, the fans, and the city that never quit supporting me, but in a book. Yeah, I know, its ploy to get you to buy some more stuff that I'm selling, stuff that is as worthless as one of my autographed photos after "the Hit".
What I really want to do is manage the Cincinnati Reds and bring them back to the glory years. Yeah, it'll be no problem. Did you see how quickly these Cincinnatians forgave Mike Brown. Man, they will settle for a medocre team and I'm the man that can do the job. Hey, by the way, I'd like to say Hi to my buddy Murf out there.

Neil_Rackers
(Login Neil_Rackers)

Re: More Classic Murfisms

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 4:39 PM 

"You don't wanna mess wth me ...I am Loner ...A REBEL!"

?

Dunn, Did I say something like this or did murf? It's always good to reel in the Pee-Wee Herman quotes every now and then just for kicks.

So were back to the Murf basing in this Post-Falc era? Gotta love the offseason basing, as long as I'm not one of the bashed, of couse. We need to get an old fashion flame war going one of these days to get the traffic on this site back up. I've been on huddles alot recently and they've been talking alot of smack about MBS.com when I mention us and how we're the haters.

murf
(Login murf12)

Whatever

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 5:50 PM 

You guys are the only people in this world that have never made a mistake.

Dunn, if you had a 1/2 a brain I would worry about proving something to you, but your just some wormser, fuching nerd that could never get past coach pitch baseball, so why waste the time.

Pete does more for kids that any of the million dollar sh!theads playing today, if you actually knew him, you would know this, but Johnie jock sniffer wanted his autograph and got blown off, so now he is an azzhole.

GET A LIFE..........................

When you walk on water, then you can judge a man that you have never met.

KITNA-HAWKINS= PEPTO

Gus
(Login Ferrotte)

Re: Whatever

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 6:54 PM 

I can vouge for Murf on the fact that he his GOOD FREINDS with Pete and Petey. I saw him wacking them both off along with his girlfreind Mikey in a alley downtown. Then they all hopped in the Murf mobile and drove off, I follwed them to the horse track, HMMMMMM. Hey Murf let me know the next time if you need a baby wipe and I'll hook you up for a price
"slurp slurp." And I hope the ONE MISTAKE you make is not swallowing cause you know how mikey and pete hate that, but certainly you know that because your close freinds.

Gus

P.S. whodey whodey

P.S.S. I am taking donations for Drunkowski's surgery coming up in the offseason so he can get his head removed from his AZZ.

carparker
(Login carparker)

Re: Re: Whatever

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 7:17 PM 

Murf, it's pretty widely known and accepted that Pete was/is a major ******* to fans, unless they have giant boobs.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return