<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

murf
(Login murf12)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Re: Re: Whatever

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 7:37 PM 

It is widely known, that you guys are idots and have no idea what you are talking about.

Gus, your a joke.
I don't know who you are, or why you don't have the balls to be yourself, and truly don't care, but if anyone on this board would wack off any man, I'd bet you would be on your knees sniffing the zipper before a guy could even get unzipped.

Fudgepacker---nice Billy Idol avatar, that shows me what kind of queer you are.

Whatever done with this post, you can have your opinions on a man that made a mistake, whatever.

JUST REMEMBER YOU WILL NEVER BE HALF THE MAN YOUR MOMMA WAS.

KITNA-HAWKINS= PEPTO

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Gus
(Login Ferrotte)

YOUR MOMMA

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 8:26 PM 

Come on Murf your momma, you can't come up with anything better than that. Yes everybody make mistakes and yes he was one of the best players in the game but that doesn't meean you have to imagine that your friends with him. Jesus, Murf get a grip " not on pete's nutz" on reality.

Gus

P.S. whodey whodey

P.S.S. I am taking donations for Drunkowski's surgery coming up in the offseason so he can get his head removed from his AZZ.

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

Murf and Pete are buddies

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 8:46 PM 

That should tell you something about Pete Rose's character. LOL! (Just kidding, Murf.)

As for my experience, I was only 9 or 10 years old. I didn't care about an autograph! I just wanted to say "Hi" to those Reds players when they were at a local mall in '77. I was too young to think about an autograph being worth anything, and I didn't even know those guys would be there until my parents mentioned it nonchalantly during the drive there. In fact, my father told me that George Foster was going to be there, so I didn't expect to see Pete Rose anyway.

Maybe he was perturbed that I gave him, the almighty Pete Rose, a small piece of paper to sign, which might've only been a blank envelope from my Mom's purse now that I think back on it. I was just trying to "follow the rules" as I perceived them to be, and all the other kids in line had paper (or that hard-cover book) for him to sign.

I spoke a few words of reverence toward him once I reached the front of the line, and he didn't even reply. He just scribbled his name on the paper and then thrust it back at me angrily while looking at the next kid, as if to say "Next!"

I figured that I was just some "loser" in his eyes, but I realized after some reflection that the only time he acted nice was when some child (or an occasional adult) handed him the hard-cover book to sign. After I was old enough to know that greedy assh*les exist in this world, I think the memory bothered me more than the actual experience.

At least he signed his name for me, but like I wrote earlier, that didn't mean squat to me. I remember studying his autograph for awhile trying to figure out which scribbles stood for which letters (the "P" looked like a "B" to me), but I later tossed it in the trash because it was "only" a piece of paper.

Maybe I should just say that Pete Rose gave me a bad first impression. Perhaps he's really a swell guy, but he's struck me as a greedy self-promoter in the media ever since which makes me think my experience wasn't unusual.

Regardless, he was a great baseball player, and it wouldn't bother me to see him in the Hall of Fame because I think he deserves it from his hitting accomplishments alone.

Manager of the Reds? Ha ha! That'll never bring ME to the ballpark unless the team just happens to be competitive at the time. I don't hate Pete Rose, but I don't especially like the guy either.

Anonymous
(Login TrueToTheOrangeAndBlack)

Re: Pete Rose will admit he bet on baseball?

No score for this post
January 4 2004, 9:09 PM 

<<I don't think he's a great manager but Lindner knows Pete would sell tickets. This is just a theory Of mine.>>

Brilliant theory, sack licker! Did you come up with that all on your own? Did you also predict LeBron James would go number 1 in the draft? You probably called LeBeau getting fired last year too, huh?

Who's sack will you be licking if this doesn't happen?

Kevin Killer
(Login Dunn4QB)

NICE TRY KEVIN!

No score for this post
January 5 2004, 6:22 AM 

I will remind everyone you are Kevin The TrueToTheOrangeAndBlack Trooper every time you post or reply. Your ball licking reference blew your cover again. Ask murf he'll still lick your balls, Kevie-Poo. Lets talk about your theory that I'm Falc. Hows that theory looking now?
Now go and think up some clever ball licking references for next months reply. It's sad your life has come to this, so go back to Pro Puddles where you are King of the Dipsh!ts.

"all you anti-bengals fans can lick my balls when we go tothe playoffs this year"- Kevin you BengalTrooper you

SF2
(Login SaintsFanToo)

Get Real

No score for this post
January 5 2004, 7:57 AM 

I can not imagine there will be any chance Rose will be allowed to manage again. The gambling rule in baseball is right up there with committing treason in the military. Everybody knows it, it is drilled into your head and everybody knows the consequences.

I can see an exception made to allow him into the hall and play in some old-timers games but managing? Can't see it.

It would be like a peodophile getting out of jail and applying to be a teacher in an elementary school. Sure, you did your time and got some counseling but you gotta draw the line.

Dunn
(Login Dunn4QB)

todays story...

No score for this post
January 5 2004, 8:39 AM 

Mike
(Login mikebsr)

No score for this post
January 5 2004, 9:16 AM 

I'm not surprised to see a little of the "kick him when he's down" rhetoric. A little disappointing, but not surprising. From what I read and hear, Pete Rose is a world-class *******.

In reality, I wouldn't know. I've never met him and have to rely on people who either met him once and judged his entire life, or try to sell papers with his name in it. Until I hang out with him and he treats me like sh1t, I'll just have assume he might be an idiot. But I can't confirm he actually is.

What I do know for certain, is that he is one of the greatest players to ever play the game. I don't need Hal McCoy to tell me that. There is no interpretation or subjectivity. The numbers say it all.

As far as reinstatement, there's something I don't understand regardless of what you think. Pete Rose played on the Reds - not the 1919 White Sox. Pete Rose did not take money to throw a game. Pete Rose did not take money to lay off high fastballs and boot easy grounders. There are 8 players banned for life for doing that. Their actions (supposedly) directly affected the outcome of the game.

Pete bet on his team winning. Why should his punishment be the same as guys who booted baseballs when he had no control over the outcome of the game? Sure, you could make the argument about leaving pitchers in too long, etc, but that's all been checked out. Nothing doing. Besides, he sucked major ass as a manager and couldn't affect the outcome of a game no matter what was at stake. Without a bat in in his hand, he couldn't affect his bowel movements - let alone a game.

Let it go. He fvcked up. He didn't throw games and he helped make Cincinnati a winner throughout the years. He gave us many, many good years of solid baseball and made us proud.

I'd hope we can get off our high horses long enough to support the man when he needs us. For God's sake, it's not like he raped or killed someone. He bet on our team to win. Big freaking deal.

If you want him out because of the "sanctity of the game" crapola, you must have quit watching baseball long ago. Because comparing Pete's problems with what has been going on since Pete got booted is hypocritical. There are far more problems and people corrupting the game now than Pete ever could. Start with Selig and start working your way down. Sanctity does not exist in baseball as we know it today. It'd been replaced by greed.

terdbucket
(Login terdbucket)

Pete Rose is a BUM

No score for this post
January 5 2004, 10:43 AM 

Yes, Pete bet on baseball but not against the Reds...c'mon Pete, the WHOLE truth. What?.... in another 14 years Pete tells us he bet against the Reds? This guy is still lying!
Next thing you know, OJ Simpson will admit to being at the condo when Ron and Nicole were killed but he didn't do the actual killing. Pete Rose will do anything to get his name and ugly mug on tv.
Pete Rose egomaniac. Oh how proud we can be of our native son, the greatest gambler, er, I mean hitter of all time.
But hey, Murf says he's a good guy so I'm gonna go with what he says, how could I follow logic and knowledge when I never met the guy like Murf? Murf is right, the guy made a mistake, admitted it after 14 F'n years of lying, so let's forget about it, put him in the HOF and then let him take another crack at managing the Reds. He did such an outstanding job the last go around. Sounds like we have a winner.

Jizzmopper (Gretta's Big Brother)
(Login rudedawg1)

Define Hardhead:

No score for this post
January 6 2004, 5:58 AM 

It took Rose only 14 years to admit he bet on baseball.

14 years, PETER????

Ya know, he probably would have been reinstated a long time ago, but the jackass wanted to be a hardhead about it...

...then you have an equal jackass in Milwaukee being an equal hardhead saying that if Rose admits, he will be reinstated...

Well, thanks a bunch, Pud Selig.

Yeah, Selig proved his worth with the All-Star Game fiasco.

Selig and Rose...2 of the biggest jackasses in sports.

"As for me being up Chris' ass, maybe I am."
-Gretta

Dunn4QB
(Login Dunn4QB)

TRUTH FOR SALE

No score for this post
January 6 2004, 2:48 PM 

Paul Daugherty's column...
http://reds.enquirer.com/2004/01/06/red1adaugherty.html

BTW... It was mentioned several times on 700 wlw how odd it was Miley got a 1 tear deall and Boone got a 3 year and the possibilities of Pete managing the Reds. No I don't think it will happen but in MLB/Selig and a greedy owner who are both desperate for fan support/money.... anything can happen?

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

Re: TRUTH FOR SALE

No score for this post
January 6 2004, 3:26 PM 

Whoa! Daugherty didn't pull any punches.

"Pete Rose doesn't tell the truth unless he can cash it and spend it. Truth for truth's sake isn't his style. It took half a million copies of yet another Rose "story," and its promise of millions of dollars, for Charlie Hustler to come clean."

"Pete Rose is, at base, a shameless money-grabber."

Daugherty might be right. I wonder if Rose is still blowing his money by gambling? I still don't like Pete Rose very much (just like Johnny Bench and other former players don't like him, apparently), but if he's still losing money through gambling, it's kind of sad. (I'm just speculating.)

Another Daugherty quote from that article:

"Fact is, baseball would have gotten Rose help. He rejected it. Said he didn't have a problem. Fourteen years of thoughtful reflection have led the Hit King to change his mind. Swell."

Jizzmopper/False
(Login rudedawg1)

I used to think that...

No score for this post
January 7 2004, 8:59 AM 

...it was distasteful when Johnny Bench talked schit about Peter....but now after this book fiasco, I understand it.

Peter, I hope your fukkin' book is a total flop.

-Gretta

Dunn
(Login Dunn4QB)

More apologies from Pete...

No score for this post
January 7 2004, 7:29 PM 

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBO_ROSE_GAMBLING?SITE=OHCIP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

...Speaking of Johnny Bench, I remember a few years back watching ESPN SportsCentury on Johnny Bench and Bench said he warned Sparky in the late '70's that Pete was hanging around some shady people that were gonna cause him trouble but nothing was done about because he's Pete Rose. Johnny always sorta o downplayed how he and Pete didn't get along so nowI have even more respect for Bench. i haven't seen him interviewed but would be curious to know his thoughts now.

HEY MURF
How is your friend Pete JR. taking all this?

Jizzmopper/False
(Login rudedawg1)

Dunner....

No score for this post
January 8 2004, 9:43 AM 

...Bench is probably even more pissed off now than ever since Rose is further tainting the times of THE BIG RED MACHINE. Bench, I've always thought, is a class act.

Hell, I'd be pissed at Rose too.

-Gretta

dunn-14HATER
(Login Dunn4QB)

doesn't want to give up gambling

No score for this post
January 9 2004, 8:26 PM 

dunn-14HATER
(Login Dunn4QB)

Problem with my Pete Rose book...

No score for this post
January 13 2004, 6:16 AM 

I got my Pete Rose book the other day and something was wrong....
Did anyone notice? ALL the Chapters in the book were... CHAPTER ELEVEN!
<rim shot>

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 6:17 PM 

"Pete does more for kids that any of the million dollar sh!theads playing today" ~ Murf

Yeah as long as they are 14 and female lol
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

13-year gap

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 8:07 PM 

Wow. Did that reply get lost in cyberspace for 13 and half years?

MBS: Where arguments never cease.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Aug 3, 2017 8:45 PM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 5:05 AM 

Lol Psycho
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return