caption this pic

February 12 2008 at 9:27 PM
No score for this post

BA  (Login bengalavenger)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 76.178.145.120

Mike: "That's a pimpin' hat, Daddy. Wanna trade for a while?"

Paul Brown: "God help this franchise after I die."

"We're building? We can't be building after going 11-5 and then go two years and go completely backwards. That's not building." - Chad

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: caption this pic

No score for this post
February 13 2008, 5:07 AM 

MB: Daddy can't even imagine the depths I will take this franchise to make a buck

PB: Damn boy got all his mothers genes

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Shalom Shalom
(Login BiteMeMike)

LOL

No score for this post
February 13 2008, 5:18 AM 

MB: I am the greatest, look at me I am just lik Jerry Jones

PB: Why didn't I roll over and go to sleep that night?

dunn
(Login Dunn4QB)

No score for this post
February 13 2008, 5:44 AM 

PB: Awww Geez I knew I should have used the withdrawal method with Mike. Wish he'd leave me alone. I'm trying to watch the game and he keeps asking stupid questions. Ughhh

MB: Daddy what's Draw Play? My Daddy says I am smart. Look we both wear the same hat, even. I'll show Daddy I know more about football than him. My psychologist is wrong telling me I have Daddy issues. Hah I'll show 'em!

The Swamp Rat
(Login deweywarren)

We've Heard It Somewhere...

No score for this post
February 13 2008, 6:22 AM 

MB - RATFARTS!!!

PB - Spalding! Shut Up!

shapu
(Login shapu)

Re: We've Heard It Somewhere...

No score for this post
February 13 2008, 7:26 AM 

PB: Son, where's your jaunty feather?

MB: Sold it for 27 cents.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Generation Gap

No score for this post
February 13 2008, 7:07 PM 

Son, silently:

Let's see... if we coax Tommy Casanova to retire and trade Lemar Parrish, we can save a pile on payroll this year. That should make Pops happy.

Father, silently:

I don't know what I'm going to do about Mike. He spends money like it's going out of style!

-Psychostats

Ghost of Paul
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Caption says

No score for this post
February 14 2008, 12:28 AM 

Paul to son: I look like I have class. You look like you rolled the closest bum near Spinney Field and stole his clothes. That's how your ownership will be after I die, too.

Mike: NO--I got this "suit" at Wal-Mart, daddy!!!! I love Wal-Mart so much--and that's how I'll manage this franchise after you die, Pop.

Get revenge because revenge makes you feel good.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 24.10.51.213 on Feb 14, 2008 12:31 AM

SF2
(Login SaintsFanToo)

It sez

No score for this post
February 14 2008, 1:28 PM 

Mikey: Gosh, that # 78 sure is big. Whats his name again pops?

Paul: Its Munoz, Anthony Munoz you fudking moron.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login broncobux)

Re: It sez

No score for this post
February 14 2008, 1:30 PM 

Mikey: Dad, I was talking about the size of #78's paycheck - its huge.

Paul: Gotta be loyal to those you draft that play well

Mikey (in his thoughts) - gotta be loyal to those you draft...

"Jim Tressel and Ohio State men’s basketball head coach Thad Matta and women’s basketball head coach Jim Foster currently have a combined 20-1 record against Michigan. In seven seasons, Tressel is 6-1 vs. the Wolverines. Matta owns a 6-0 ledger in three years leading the Buckeyes and Foster has an 8-0 mark in six seasons at Ohio State."

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

Re: It sez

No score for this post
February 14 2008, 8:15 PM 

Mike: "I'm tellin' ya pops, in the future, the QB will account for 99% of the team's success..."

Paul: "I'm starting to see the upside to the father outliving the son."

BMN

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

'Memba This?

No score for this post
August 17 2017, 4:40 PM 

I thought of this old thread when I saw a recent piece by Hobson...

Gifted call: Freeze Frame for Mike Brown and Adam Jones

Geoff Hobson, Editor, Bengals.com. Posted Aug 16, 2017

[linked image]

The call came in a little late from the sidelines but like he does on the football field, Bengals cornerback Adam Jones made it work with a little improvisation and a lot of heart.

“We cut it right down to the wire,” says Shawn Voelker, who helped him pull it off. “I picked it up from Frame & Save in Florence and got it to him at about 10:30, 11 on the morning of the 10th.”

Aug. 10 was Bengals president Mike Brown’s 82nd birthday and his 50th with the franchise he helped start with his father Paul Brown. He’s had Super Bowls and Pro Bowls and division titles in both the AFC Central and North besting the dreaded Steelers. But Mike Brown never got a gift like this. Not from a current player.

A sketch of Mike and Paul together watching practice.

Jones, who has turned around his life and career during eight seasons with the Bengals that have had trying moments, wanted to give him something for his birthday. Not just a gift, though. Bengals training camp opened last month with Jones emotionally recounting how much Brown’s support has meant to him through the good and the bad and he wanted Voelker to convey it.

Voelker, a Northern Kentucky artist and Bengals fan who loves to draw players, had already teamed up with the Jones’ family for “a surprise piece.” Just last year Jones’ wife, Tish, commissioned Voelker to sketch a scene of an Adam interception fresh from the 2016 season. On Sept. 8 from 6-9 p.m. at the Lexus River Center he’ll display his best of Bengaldom in honor of the Sept. 10 opener.

“Photos are one thing, but when you’ve got someone who puts their time and energy into it, it comes from basically their heart. I try to convey that emotional feeling,” Voelker says. “(Jones) stressed to me how important that it was to him. To make this a special piece. Just by him conveying that let me know it had to be something special from the heart.

“We all know Mike has been in the corner of a lot of these guys,” Voelker says. “Everyone has ups and downs in their lives … Mike seems to know guys are going to have ups and downs. It’s just human nature. It’s good to have somebody in your corner like that.”

It was a quick collaboration. Voelker and Jones on the phone. Tish in the background. Jones wanted Paul somewhere in there and the three decided a scene of them together would be just right. When Voelker sent Jones the photo he found on the internet, “Pac was all over it.” Voelker started it Monday, finished Wednesday, delivered it Thursday.

“It’s a rather well-known photo,” Voelker says of a picture believed to be taken in the ‘80s. “There are two photos out there that are very similar. It’s a little different angle. I chose the one where they’re looking out into the distance. It looks a little bit more legendary.”

Last year on his own Voelker dabbled in the legend when he drew Paul Brown standing on the field in the rain and dropped it off at Paul Brown Stadium for Mike, a guy he’s never met. Soon there came an e-mail from the corner office conveying his appreciation. When he drew them together, he added the 50 season logo and the human touches.

“It’s OK to have little mistakes, little flaws, a little showing of the brush lines,” Voelker says. “That’s OK. It conveys the feelings that much more.”

A nice touch. Mike Brown seems to realize that everyone’s story involves flaws. In return Jones received one of Brown’s famous handwritten thank you notes. He wouldn’t divulge the contents, but it looks like he’ll be making a trip to Florence, too.

“It’s sweet,” Jones says. “I’m going to frame it.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Gifted-call-Freeze-Frame-for-Mike-Brown-and-Adam-Jones/7e925ddf-a5b9-42e2-8e76-d313420454ae

Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 1:32 PM 

Hobson has to be the worst,butt sniffing,ball licking homer I have ever seen anywhere,anytime.The clown knew exactly what he was doing when he hired that Jack as$ to run the bumblers web site.Too bad the clown didn't have idea facking one when he hired anyone else to run the SS Titanic AKA bumblers,to the bottom of the ocean.-Lumina

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
September 2 2017, 5:31 PM 

PUKE

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return