<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

T
(Login takinitintherear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Next Round

No score for this post
December 6 2010, 4:38 PM 

I think family circus is MIKE BROWN...that is eerily very similar to what the hole spews.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

The Swamp Rat
(Login deweywarren)

Mikey You Ignorant Slut

No score for this post
December 6 2010, 8:14 PM 

The adversity Marvin has had to deal with....is YOU, you dumb-***...and the only Queen Bee we have is...YOU you facking moron!

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 6 2010, 8:29 PM 

That is scarily close to MB's style.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login BelkoTomTom)

No score for this post
December 7 2010, 10:38 PM 

"Aside from the injuries, we really felt like we turned things around over the past few years.  Every NFL team goes through building and re-building.  We had a successful run, and Marvin was a big part of our playoff teams.  I'm sure we can achieve the same success as we have had recently in a very short timeframe."

"Well, it ain't braggin' if it's true
Yes sir, yes sir
It ain't braggin' if it's true
Muhammad Ali said that
Back when he was a young man
Back when he was Cassius Clay
Before he fought too many fights
And left his brain inside the ring"

Synonymous Bengal
(Login BelkoTomTom)

No score for this post
December 8 2010, 10:30 PM 

I think i was pretty close to the real deal

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 8 2010, 10:35 PM 

Both you and FC are right on the mark. You guys should write Mike Brown's acceptance speech.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

January 2011 -- Marvin Lewis Re-Signing

No score for this post
January 6 2011, 9:20 PM 

Some of the "best" press release conference comments have to be added to this thread, if only for the sake of easy access in the future. Same stuff everybody else is quoting right now. From Hobson's summary (emphasis added):

On if there are plans to make any changes to the scouting and personnel departments:

BROWN: "The scouting thing is another criticism that rises up when we don't do well. If you look at our record on scouting over the last 10 years, we rank 10th for the number of games played by players we drafted. I think we sank to 11th on the number of players who are in the league that we drafted, and we would be higher than that except for injuries that were serious that players like (David) Pollack suffered, or Chris Perry, or what happened with (Odell) Thurman, or what happened to Chris Henry. We had a number of those. It was disproportionate. I don't apologize for our scouting. It's an easy target, but if you look at the real facts, I think you'll see it differently."

On where the team stands on building an indoor practice facility:

BROWN: "Marvin has a desire to have a practice facility. I have a desire, but probably not as keen. That doesn't mean I don't have a desire to do it. The timing is important. Right now, were faced with major issues in the National Football League, and those are at the front of our agenda. When we get through that, then we'll have time to consider this issue. It's one of the important issues that we have in mind. I would make the comment that some of this is perception. We worked in the cold weather. We played in the cold weather. It didn't seem to hurt us any to practice in the cold weather. We played pretty well in it. But I do know that it's the way it's trending. It's the fact that we have been left behind what others are doing. Whether that makes them better than us because they have an indoor practice facility is a question, but it's coming."

On possible personnel department changes:

BROWN: "We get criticized for that because we run a lighter crew than some teams do, but I don't know if we do badly there. We picked up Reggie Nelson this year that's a pretty good acquisition. The year before, we picked up (Brian) Leonard and he helped us a lot. We have people up there who are attuned to this stuff. (Director of Player Personnel) Duke Tobin is on top of it very, very thoroughly. Today, with the communications you have, you can talk to people anytime, anywhere in this country, and we do. You don't have to have a guy sitting in an office doing just that. You can carry this information with you as you travel and then communicate when it's necessary, and that's what we do. I don't think it works badly -- I think it works all right."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mike-Brown-Marvin-Lewis-transcript/bff03c7e-99bb-4e6a-88db-9775776f0f7a

Surprise, surprise. Mike Brown's attitude has not changed. Same old crap as from previous years. Loved reading everyone's reactions.
BA's thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1294200697/last-1294362510/The+arrogance+of+these+two+dimwits...

BMN's thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1294177293/last-1294286992/Dear+God%2C+This+is+Depressing

Storm's thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1294177547/last-1294198704/Anyone+really+confident+this+changes+anything-

Murf's thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1294181102/last-1294228956/Trying+to+be+positive+...trying

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 107.10.83.42 on Jan 7, 2011 5:07 AM

theydey
(Login theydey)

Re: January 2011 -- Marvin Lewis Re-Signing

No score for this post
January 6 2011, 9:42 PM 

What I would love would be for no one to show up at his press conferences and no media or fan interest whatsoever. Just stop writing about the Bungs entirely after the season is over.

I wonder if the fans could collaborate with the press to make that happen?

This message has been edited by theydey from IP address 65.60.161.26 on Jan 6, 2011 9:43 PM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: January 2011 -- Marvin Lewis Re-Signing

No score for this post
January 6 2011, 10:17 PM 

"Today, with the communications you have, you can talk to people anytime, anywhere in this country, and we do. You don't have to have a guy sitting in an office doing just that. You can carry this information with you as you travel and then communicate when it's necessary, and that's what we do."

TODAY?! F*CKING TODAY!?! REALLY!?

Dude, this is called a f*cking phone! and it was invented in like the '30s. And I have another interesting tidbit for you brownhole, it not only works in the country, but, stay with me here, you can even communicate with people in Canada, or Mexico, or even Europe! I know, I know, settle down its crazy! Just take your meds and tell yourself your a good owner and daddy likes you until you fall asleep. This guy must be delusional or crazy or just a truly soulless person, which is it?

And then this...

"I don't think it works badly"

Well motherf*cker you SHOULD KNOW if its working or not! Thats your "job," remember? The one you get, or I should say give yourself, the annual million dollar bonus for?

Well here is a f*cking hint: LOOK AT YOUR RECORD! ITS NOT F*CKING WORKING!

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

Family Circus
(Login FamilyCircus)

Re: Psycho

No score for this post
January 7 2011, 12:19 PM 

"We run w/ a lighter crew"

It's as if mikey thinks he's part of a street gang or something...I think he's like GW Bush, loves to surround himself w/ machismo to make up for his own shortcomings.

$$$

"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Mikey-Boy on the Lockout

No score for this post
March 12 2011, 10:33 PM 

He's gone and done it again. Our guy was interviewed by Joe Reedy about the player lockout, and few asides were real beauts.

First off, are there any non-family members left who still own shares in the Bungs? If there are, then they're screwed. We already knew that, but this would be quite the advertisement. Reedy's question in bold. Mike Brown's answer below it, with emphasis added. From Hobson's transcript:

If there is a protracted lockout that goes into summer or early fall, how is the health of this franchise to others? Can you ride it out longer than others?

I don't know I can tell you how strong others are. I can merely tell you our franchise has built up a considerable reserve. We have not paid one dime to our shareholders since we've operated in Paul Brown Stadium beyond what was necessary to pay taxes. We have put money where we would need it if we came to this kind of situation. We've had concerns for a long time that we could get to where we are now and we are prepared for it.

Then comes comes this fine exemplar of denial. Don't you know, the Bungs have been "better than most" these past half-dozen years? Same format as before:

You and Ralph (Wilson) voted against the CBA five years ago. Do you think the fellow owners have realized where you are financially?

I don't think owners sit around worry about how owners voted five years ago. They know what they voted on. Right now people recognize what we did was a step too far and we are trying to get our situation such where it works for the teams going forward. The teams need to be economically healthy if they are to keep on employing people including players. You can only pay out what you take in for so long and we don't want to get into that situation. The public should want a healthy team because they want a competitive team and you cant be competitive unless you're financially strong to compete. We are.

We've been up and down over the last six years. I think we've done better than most as far as getting into the playoffs. They keep throwing figures out that you haven't done as well as you should but recently we've done fairly well. I wish it was better. I wish we would've gotten into the playoffs and won more. That bothers us. We have not had a record that is unacceptable over the last half dozen years. I wish it was better but it was in many ways getting into the playoffs better than most. You need to be economically healthy in order to do that (14 of the 32 teams have won more than one division title in past six years)

Links:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mike-Brown-Q-and-A-on-Lockout/fad50742-2616-48a3-9c2e-2aa2b080ff53

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110312/SPT02/103130339/1066/SPT02/Brown-Owners-proposal-fair

TOBB
(Login Bengal_Boy)

Yep.

No score for this post
March 13 2011, 9:20 AM 

Amazing how people can erect partitions in their brains between reality and delusion. Mikey's got the perfect fortress of rational denial.

Mikey is cleverer than you think.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: Yep.

No score for this post
March 14 2011, 6:19 PM 

"We have not had a record that is unacceptable over the last half dozen years"

0-2 in playoff games is acceptable?

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

BA
(Login bengalavenger)

No score for this post
March 15 2011, 10:51 AM 

"We have not had a record that is unacceptable over the last half dozen years" - spinmaster 'hole

Mikey can't even bring himself to say "We have had a record that is acceptable over the last half dozen years" because he knows that nobody would buy that steaming pile of BS. No, he has to use a double-negative to make the same statement somehow palatable. What a douche.

"Even before I got there they said the owner was a little different. Obviously I saw that." - T.O.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
March 15 2011, 9:13 PM 

More reason to believe that Mike Brown is, ahem, "not unintentionally trying to antagonize the fans". Just as Storm has been saying all along, but not unlike Brown himself might put it.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

October 2011 interview with Joe Reedy

No score for this post
October 15 2011, 7:28 PM 

He's done it again. A new instant classic from Mike Brown. I'm looking forward to the commentary from my fellow MBS inmates, either in this thread or another.

Do you like the resiliency of this group? There have been some years where one play would affect this team ...

I would differ with you. This is a close league, and your question isn't an unfair question. We have played five games, they have all been one-play games. Switch around one play, and it goes the other way. We've won three; we've lost two. We could have won five; we could have lost five. Last year, if you look at it closely, there were a lot of games that were one-play games, but, honest to God, we lost almost every one of them. The year before we won them. I don't know you can say there's a reason for that other than someone drops the ball or somebody steps out of bounds or misses their assignment on that play, and it's a key play that turns it all around. It is a very close run thing, this league. Except when you get the two or three top teams, maybe its three or four, that have established veteran quarterbacks who drive their team to a high level.

I'd love to hear BA rant on that one. And Hook, here's one for you, from earlier in the interview. Immediately before, actually:

When you look at the talent on this team, one of the knocks is your ability to find talent.

I think the talent speaks for itself. We have good talent, and, yes, I think we find them. The number of new, young players on our team - by that, I don't mean just rookies but guys 1-2 years into it - is disproportionate, and they are showing well. We've acquired some guys in free agency - (Thomas) Howard comes to mind, (Nate) Clements is helping us so we've gotten some help there. Look at our defensive line, they are 2- to 3-year-old-in-the-league guys with a couple who are veterans like (defensive linemen Frostee) Rucker and (Jonathan) Fanene. None of them are 30 years old. It's a very, very young team, and the thing that, if you're around, that is noticeable, is the spirt is good. They are a sparky group and are beginning to believe in themselves, and that's what you want.

Links:

Reedy --  http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111015/SPT02/110160325/Q-Bengals-president-Mike-Brown?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Bengals

Hobson --  http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Brown-Bengals-wont-move-Palmer-may-move-training-camp/77c3eb85-61b6-46c2-9c4b-42f2a48d7fd1

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 107.10.83.42 on Oct 15, 2011 7:53 PM

Family Circus
(Login FamilyCircus)

Reedy 2011

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 9:28 AM 

HONEST TO GOD, we lost almost every one of them. I swear, Psycho, we really did. What else can I say to convince you?

The mikester comes out guns blazing: "Our attendance is off, and it's a result of having had a terrifically disappointing season a year ago."

Really? Nothing to do with a terrifically disappointing 20 years of mikehole leadership? And WTH does "terrifically disappointing" mean anyway? Is it terrific because in spite of the fans' "disappointment", mikey still makes terrific amounts of money?

$$$

"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."

Family Circus
(Login FamilyCircus)

More Reedy

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 9:40 AM 

There was the letter from the county about the stadium of which the team hasn't commented on. In terms of improvements, a new playing surface is planned for next year ...

I'm not going to get into that here. There are things being discussed. We've carried our full load with this thing. Believe me, we have. We've made a lot of improvements here at our expense without saying anything, and we're not looking to make the problem difficult for the county. We want to make it succeed in every way, and it's important for us that it succeeds for the county. We are a renter, and if you rent an apartment and suddenly the stove goes bad, well, you have to get the stove fixed and normally the landlord is the one who fixes the stove. It's no different here. Things do change as you go through time. There are new things that come on; everyone knows what they are. Scoreboards are the big issue currently. Ours seems to work well enough at the moment. I hope it can continue to do so.

Speechless...

Coytee
(Login Coytee)

Re: More Reedy

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 9:54 AM 

He sounds like a typical politician

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Re: More Reedy

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 7:45 PM 

Honest to God, Family Circle, I'm right there with you.

Remember that video from the preseason, the one where Mikey-Boy says, "we were bad, and I plead guilty"? It made me wonder if he was listening to his PR guy. Now with this "honest to God" business he's back to old form. Denial.

The least relevant, most consistently bad team in the league for 20 years, and honest to God, we just needed a play switched around here or there!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return