<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

psychostats
(Login psychostats)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: A Bellicose Bellowing of "Bell-Cow" for Belko

No score for this post
September 13 2015, 4:09 PM 

Back a few years ago, every now and again, I got the impression that Hobson scanned our forum. He's got to monitor the bowels of Bengaldom, after all. LOL. This old thread has finally hit 100 posts!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 6 2017, 10:40 PM 

It's baaaaaack! From an historical piece on Archie Griffin. Pete Johnson was bestowed the designation back in October.

INSTANCE 124 --- Still a Buckeye, once a Bengal (posted Oct 7, 2016)

That’s because he was the big back that Bengals general manager Paul Brown coveted and fit like hand-and-glove in the West Coast offense. They tried to replace Griffin, too, with bigger guys but couldn’t do that, either, although in an intriguing reversal Johnson became the Bengals’ bell cow while Griffin became an accessory in offensive coordinator Lindy Infante’s scheme.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Still-a-Buckeye-once-a-Bengal/52eb0555-3c56-4938-8939-fcba643f4d98

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 6 2017, 10:51 PM 

Now that the thread is up and running again, I'll take the opportunity to add a couple of relevant quotations. They're in regard to bell-cows and queen bees.

Mike Brown, 2007:

"If you have the bell cow quarterback, it works. You have to have the key guy. If you don't have the key guy, it doesn't matter. ... The system, changed (to free agency), but one thing that didn't change was you still had to line up with a key player or two. Look at San Francisco (Steve Young), Dallas (Aikman), Miami (Marino), Denver (John Elway). They were good before and after the system. I'm not disparaging other players because you need as many good ones as you can get. But the quarterback is the key guy. Look at Buffalo this year."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Brown-40-years-in-this-league/DFA7D14D-5D9C-49D1-BB38-371D7742F908

Mike Brown, 2009:

"When you have a situation like ours, he's a very difficult fit," Brown said of [Michael] Vick. "Quarterbacks are like queen bees -- you can only have one of them before they start stepping on each other. And we have ours. Carson's the guy. That's why it just doesn't fit for here in a football sense."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d811828f6/article/whats-the-market-for-vick-few-teams-are-talking-at-least-publicly

Yes, Mike Brown has really and truly described quarterbacks as both bell-cows and queen bees. Now I can fix my sig to link right here to this page.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return