| How many of you saw the light about the scam this offseason? |
|Yep. This offseason was the first time I finally realized we are being taken.
|Nah... I already knew about the scam.
|I have no idea what you are talking about.
|I disagree. I really think Mike Brown is trying to win the Super Bowl.
What shocked me are the 27.38% that believe that Mike Brown is trying to win the Super Bowl. Granted, this is a small number (84 as of this posting) and there are likely to be more homers on a Bengals forum, but if this is in any way a representation of the general fan base, we're in trouble. Of course, I guess I can be happy that nearly 65% are awake.
A few comment gems include:
not sure what to think about this idiotic thread. ill vote #2 though and say it was a good idea which will rile people up. There is a point to mb not spending loads of money while we have a lot of rookies trying to get some experience. I say be patient and see how things pan out over the course of the year, hopefully no big injuries and a lot of improvement. if that happens, mb may spend and bring in the final pieces to the puzzle in the next couple of years. i applaud him now thinking back that he did the right thing by not "wasting money" this time bc he realized we are young and rebuilding.
If you are so unhappy with this team then leave.....
positive signs to come.
1) its a new era. (palmer/ocho) to (dalton/green)
2) we have a talented group on defense (best in years)
3) no more brat now we have (gruden)
( check his resume' the man has won everywhere he has been)
4) the no spending trend ends this season....and being under budget and having
one year deals now works well for us.
5) the browns (are always rebuilding)
6) the ravens ( ray lewis wont play forever and all there weapons on offense left)
7) the steelers (termoil in the locker room is never good)
8) we replaced j.jo with n.clements and added depth everywhere else
9) dalton has looked poised (not rattled) in training camp
10) no media attention this year in training camp, instead all focus is on playing and
11) aj green, j.shipley, j.simpson, j.gresham and the two headed monsters in
benson and scott.
12) we have a soft schedule
13) no one is really worried about us....
13 positives and thats how many wins i predict i may be wrong but i say we go 13-3 this year.
Some posters believe that Mike Brown does want to win but doesn't know how. I say, he knows how, but he refuses to do it because it takes money. Mike Brown wants to make a profit. Bottom line. Period. If he wins in the process, great, if not, oh well.
"With a quarterback greener than a first year, a hovering ghost, and a magic wand of an offense handed down from the founding fathers of the franchise, Jay Gruden is a fiery, passionate underdog in the Harry Potter mold." Geoff Hobson July 15, 2011
Brown on being back to work: "We're like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."