<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Pre-pick for Rookie of the Year

August 13 2011 at 1:24 AM
No score for this post

OldSchoolerFan  (Login oldschoolerfan)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 98.208.105.146

It has to be Mark Ingram. The guy played huge today. He was going up against the other team's 1st team defense and still looked awesome.

Plus, factor in that the Saints' RBs have been hurt across the board last year--that gives Ingram more playing time to get his.

Anybody else have their rookie of the year prepicks in?

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Pre-pick for Rookie of the Year

No score for this post
August 13 2011, 7:26 AM 

I thought that this was a joke thread about Andy Dalton...now THAT would have been funny.

(Login broncobux)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
August 13 2011, 10:22 AM 

Dalton actually didnt play that bad (after the first pass).

Green caught everything thrown to him. Kid is special.

Too early to pick, but Ingram looked solid.

"Insert witty quotation here"

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 13 2011, 11:12 AM 

You are right Bronco, he actually weathered the storm and didn't seem to let his early mistakes snowball although he should have had 2 ints and some of his passes looked like wounded ducks

lets not forget Klingler played good in some of his preseason games and lookm how that turned out

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
August 13 2011, 11:43 AM 

Honestly, I do not rememeber Klingler playing well at any time. LOL

I will also give Dalton a break on the first pass. Ndomkong Suh crushed him right as he released the ball. (Nice block, Fat Azz Williams).

Green is a special player. A very special player.

I hope Zimmer was keeping it vanilla. We had zero pass rush and our DB's did not play well. Rey played well.

"Insert witty quotation here"

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Wyche--

No score for this post
August 13 2011, 4:00 PM 

"I thought that this was a joke thread about Andy Dalton...now THAT would have been funny."

I figured that some poor homer would come on here and select Andy Dalton as rookie of the year. Consider it bait.

I have another potential though--from the same school, Alabama--Julio Jones also looked good.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Wyche--

No score for this post
August 13 2011, 9:20 PM 

Ha ha! Ya...when I look at stats and see that David Klingler actually threw 16 career TD passes, I honestly can't remember one.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 6:35 AM 

Ingram looked very good and he is in a system that will give him an opportunity to be something special, a defense can't load up the box against him b/c the Saints have a great pass scheme that will exploit that safety playing up, so that leaves some major cut back lanes and Ingram had a cut back skill in college, can't see him as a bust here.

A wideout has a bigger hill to climb b/c they have to rely on the oline giving the qb time and then the qb being good enough to get him the ball, but from what I see, there are 3 or 4 major players this year.
Green is going to be a great one...if the Bengals don't ruin him.

There are a few great rookie TE's.
Look for Rudolph to get some serious play with McNabb and or Ponder, both love to use the TE and Kyle has pretty good speed and wide out hands.
The Kid from Wisconsin is another TE to keep an eye on.

Prediction on qb's
~~~~~~~~~
Titans have a keeper...
Bangals have a keeper...
ESPN has declared Cam Newton the greatest player to ever play the game just ahead of Mike Vick
The rest of the league only dreams of ever having a player of this caliber.

Never mind that he played against the 3rd shift jizz mopers, they are still calling a ROCK STAR.

Defense...
That all boils down to scheme..

Bengal players that I liked the other night
Dalton
Green
the tailback from East Carolina Williams
he might be faster than Scott...
Earth to Bengals.....KEEP WILLIAMS ON THE ROSTER!!!!!!!!

I like Standeford, I understand he is not a rookie, but for a guy that had never been in practice to go and play, give the guy some credit, plus he has solid hands, doubt if he makes the team but worth a mention.

I don't put too much into the preseason and I don't put anything at all into the game the other night.
Rookie qb, Rookie WR, New offense...No camps..no film sessions...no timing...
Still had a few plays here and there.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 7:00 AM 

Apparantly our old friend John Thornton doesn't think much of Dalton

"We have WRs and TEs than can run and jump but we don't have a QB that can get it to them"

ouch!

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 7:08 AM 

uh oh...here we go again...Murf is falling in love with Dalton already. And you are blasting his black nemesis Cam Newton....eerily similar to your bromance of Palmer and hate of his evil opposite Vick.

Dalton's first NFL pass was an INT...what more proof do you need that he has been bungalized. He is ruined Murf...tainted..bad news..wrecked...he is like the girl who slept with the entire football team...you dont want want her.

Sorry

Bo
(Login HipLikeBo)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 8:33 AM 

Dalton is in trouble. He doesn't have the great physical gifts or certain intangibles to overcome this mess MikeHole has put around him. He is a smart kid that can do well in a good system with the right coaching. He won't get much of that in Cincy.

Every QB is different but he seems like the type that should sit and learn for a year. Unfortunately that's not why the Hole drafted him and paid him that lucrative 2nd round contract. He'll play..a lot.

Just think of all the hope Mikey can sell going into the 2012 season.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 11:41 AM 

I believe I wanted Dalton the minute that Carson tucked tail walked.
Ponder was another player I believed to be there in the second round that I would have liked.

Look, the kid has a chance to win some games with Gruden.
He is not Elway or Marino but there is a guy that is playing for a team that sucked for 30 years and then a new coach came in and went after a damaged qb that had little arm strength and a questionable shoulder and was too small to compete at an elite level.

I am not saying that Dalton is the caliber of Brees, but he is in the same mold and has some skill players around him, it is 100% on Marvin to not play Marty Ball and place this kid in unwinnable situations like having to throw the ball on 3rd and long situations every series b/c Marvin wants to force the issue of running the ball.

As for Newton...
He might turn out to be good, but can we give the guy some time in the league vs real players for at least 1 season before we carve the sculptures...

I believe the kid in a Titans uniform outplayed just about every single rookie this weekend.
Wonder why he does not get the Rock Star status?
Has a great arm, is faster than Newton and has better skills...

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 6:42 PM 

I dont know why you keep holding out hope. Why do you think this year is different than any of the other past 20 years? How many coaches, Offensive coaches, defensive coaches, first round picks, csnt miss picks, A+ drafts, new logos, have we gone thru all with the same end result.

This franchise was - is - and always will be a failure with MFB at the helm.

$40 million under the floor this year....why? because he can! What more evidence do you need that MFB does not care about putting a winning - not competitive - team on the field? He cares about MONEY.

Its easier to pick another team to root for.

T

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 8:09 PM 

I lost most hope the day he retained Marvin...and so did Carson and that is why Carson walked.

Marvin is simply not a good head coach, has a great rep as a players coach and a great rep for defense, but as a Head Coach, the guy simply does not have the skill set.

Case and Point:
Tomlin rips his team after the first preseason game

Marvin talks in circles.

The Steelers play with passion and fire, the Bengals play to kick field goals and play decent defense.
The Lions are playing hard b/c the coach is a type of coach that will get in your azz for not giving complete effort.
The Patriots play with passion and fire and as a team b/c if they don't, the coach will send them packing, just ask some great players that shot the mouth off and then found themselves on the street.

I believe Harbaugh will Sanfran back in great shape in a short time frame.

OldSchool
(Login oldschoolerfan)

What I really meant was...

No score for this post
August 14 2011, 8:21 PM 

"I figured that some poor homer would come on here and select Andy Dalton as rookie of the year. Consider it bait."

Ok, some other homer--other than Murf would select Andy Dalton as their ROTY pick.

I KNEW MURF WOULD.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: What I really meant was...

No score for this post
August 15 2011, 9:59 AM 

Where did I say that Dalton was going to be the rookie of the year?

I believe the best qb in the class is in a Titans helmet.

Current Topic - Pre-pick for Rookie of the Year
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return