<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Season Opener

August 15 2011 at 8:11 PM
No score for this post

(Login fraidycat)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator
from IP address 108.75.217.29

Last year went to the season opener in New Orleans. Was a crazy good time.

This year, going to the season opener in Green Bay. Anyone here going to make it? Any advice on where to go...never been to Green Bay.

- FC

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

BrownAssClown
(Login BrownBiatch)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Season Opener

No score for this post
August 15 2011, 9:36 PM 

What?

You're not going to Cleveland to see Mikeys' revamped 2011 Cincinnati Bungals take on the Browns?

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Fraidy

No score for this post
August 15 2011, 11:28 PM 

"Any advice on where to go...never been to Green Bay."

Hey man--I think you picked a winner. I think every other stadium after Lambeau is going to be disappointing. wink.gif

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

(Login fraidycat)

You know, I wish I could

No score for this post
August 15 2011, 11:30 PM 

I sincerely wish I could - I WANT to go so a Super Bowl winning Bengals opening up the season. People like myself flying in from across the country to PBS, the eye of America focused on the Queen City, all the bars and businesses in downtown and Northern Kentucky hopping, the hotels filled to capacity...

Isn't that what the team is supposed to do? Isn't that the ROI the city should see?

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see that happening for a long time.

It's a shame, one of the best recent memories I have of the NFL is last year in New Orleans when Dave Matthews, riding atop a Mardi Gras Super Bowl float, slowly sang, "When the Saints Go Marching In" as the team entered the field. The Superdome was going crazy and then Drew Brees ran to the opposite endzone, pointed up and the place erupted with, "Who Dat" SO LOUD that the floor was literally bouncing up and down and you couldn't hear yourself scream. My friends and I just stared at each other in awe.

It's hard to see that kind of situation playing out, certainly this year...

- FC

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

FC

No score for this post
August 16 2011, 3:40 PM 

Mike Brown would only ask, What's in it for me?

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: FC

No score for this post
August 16 2011, 4:07 PM 

Fraidy I think Psychostats lives near Green Bay somewhere. He'll probably be able to steer you to a good place to eat.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Re: FC

No score for this post
August 16 2011, 8:16 PM 

Right-o, JB. I don't go to that many games, so I'm going to ask around to find a consensus and then give you the lowdown, Fraidy.

(Login fraidycat)

Much appreciated

No score for this post
August 16 2011, 9:07 PM 

Thanks, Psycostats. I'm really looking forward to it.

If anyone's going to be around, we're staying at the Tundra Lodge. Doesn't look like a Four Seasons but hey, it's not like we're going to be in the room much.

Any good local beers to recommend??

- FC

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Much appreciated

No score for this post
August 17 2011, 3:52 PM 

Go to the gift shop and purchase some real gear...

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
August 17 2011, 6:11 PM 

Isnt Lienenkugels(sp) red their beer of choice? I used to spend alot of time in Madison and thats what a lot of locals drank

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

No score for this post
August 18 2011, 9:34 AM 

Fraidy,

If you want yellow, fizzy water drink bud/miller/coors (BMC)...its found everywhere and taste like absolute crap.

On the other hand, if you aren't afraid to challenge your taste buds try some IPAs right here in your own backyard:
http://www.portbrewing.com/

GREEN BAY CAN'T MISS:

http://www.midwestmicrobrews.com/wisconsin.html

There are some awesome Octoberfest lagers that should be ready by the time you make your visit.

These guys kick ***:

http://www.titletownbrewing.com/

There is tons of beer in Wisconsin. Don't drink crap. Life is too short.

Cheers! And please report back. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the microbrew scene in the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

That does it--I'm getting this 6'er

No score for this post
August 18 2011, 6:45 PM 

"Lienenkugels"

Bev Mo has it out here in California. I have picked it up several times only to return it to the shelf for a 6 of Sierra Nevada Porter or Warsteiner.

Next time I go to Bev Mo or Total Wine (which is f*cking awesome too)--this 6 pack is mine.

Thanks for the advice.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 18 2011, 7:31 PM 

Titletown is what I'm hearing, too. I have a few more people I want to ask.

But at some point, you really do want to sample the New Glarus beers, some of which are on tap in most establishments that don't brew their own. Spotted Cow is pretty good, seriously!

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

Sacramento beer scene

No score for this post
August 18 2011, 8:08 PM 

oldschool, you are on the right track. Sierra Nevada pretty much started all this after Anchor Brewing in the bay area. This place makes some kick butt brew in our State's capitol:

http://www.rubiconbrewing.com/

I'm very fond of the Rubicon IPA. Fabulous.

Also, a can't miss up route 80:

http://auburnalehouse.com/

Check it out. You won't be disappointed. Let me know what you think. I have some hidden gems up your way I can recommend.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

The People's Republic of Davis, CA

No score for this post
August 20 2011, 1:59 AM 

USC3, there is also one in Davis that is awesome. The food is great too--name escapes me.

I was really bummed when they closed the Sacramento Brewing Company. Great place to hang out--well, it was. However, I remember 3 years ago, I went in to see the GD Draft in April--and they had on f*cking succer instead. Mother F*CK (I said this out loud). Got a lot of weird stares.

I exited never to return. Great atmosphere--other than the fact that they were phaggot football haters.

F*ck the Galaxy--or whatever ghey name they have.

Current Topic - Season Opener
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return