Cam Newton Sucks!!!!!!

September 18 2011 at 4:53 PM
No score for this post
WCB  (Login westcoastbengal)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 74.83.113.254

For the second straight week.....

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Storm
(Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

Re: Cam Newton Sucks!!!!!!

No score for this post
September 18 2011, 6:13 PM 

Not sold on him yet but he has posted some solid numbers so far

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

dacow
(Login dacow)

Murf sayz..

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 4:56 AM 

....its all media hype. The media is just sukkin his dikk cause he is black but he really hasn't done anything to merit the attention. He sucks.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Murf sayz..

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 6:42 AM 

3 picks?

I never said the kid sucks, I said the media was making him out to be something special before he even plays.

He might be a good qb, or he might be a bad qb...allow him to have a career first before building him a statue.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 7:06 AM 

A board search took literally take 60 seconds to unearth that you called Carson Palmer "the real deal" a full year before he ever played a regular season snap. I fail to see the difference in behaviour.

BMN

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 11:12 AM 

You are still not grasping the point here.

If this kid learns how to play qb and uses his arm more than his feet, then he might be something down the line.
From what I have watched so far...I simply don't see the Hall of Famer after 2 games.

BUT............
I am not talking about his skill set or lack of skills.
I am not even saying that I think he sucks...
I am just saying that the media is ignoring some of the greatest passing performances and play by amazing qb's WHO HAVE EARNED IT and have WON over a period of time in this league.

Bottom line...
Brady/Rogers/Brees/Rivers are putting on a show that you might not see again.
Young players like McCoy/Stratford/Bradford are light years ahead of the scale.

And don't forget about the rookie qb nobody outside of Cincy is talking about...Dalton is playing a head of the scale right now.

It is frustrating as a fan of the position to watch the media get all dreamy about a rookie that has accomplished exactly nothing.

I will say this again, he might turn out to be a great qb..just allow him to be or not be at this point.

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 11:25 AM 

a) He's the first pick of the draft. Those players ALWAYS get more attention than second-rounders. Not necessarily fair, but Newton is not unique in this regard.

b) If this kid learns how to play qb and uses his arm more than his feet

This one statement alone tells me that you're not watching his games but mentally imagining how they're happening.

murf, dude is playing in the pocket. 92% of his yards (and there have been a ton so far) have come from passing. He's making some tough throws (and to be fair, missing some too, as evidenced by the INTs). Does he have his flaws so far? Of course he does. Might he not pan out? Perhaps.

But mark my words, murf, if Carson Palmer had put up the numbers Newton did in his first two games and did it the way Newton did it, this board would have to be censored for the XXX orgasm that you would have had after he did it.

I have yet to read a single piece of press that has anointed Cam to the HOF. Just a lot of people saying "the kid looks pretty good so far." And he does. So what's the problem?

BMN

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 12:07 PM 

So McCoy, Stafford (Stratford?) and Bradford deserve more credit b/c they are "light years ahead."

But Cam does not deserve credit b/c he has "yet to win a meaningful game."

Got it Murf. Nothing to see here. It all makes perfect sense now.

(Btw Freeman has been twice the QB that McCoy has, yet you never mention him. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all that, ahem, sun he gets from being down south.)

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

Bo Jackson
(Login HipLikeBo)

Haters gone Hate

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 2:11 PM 

Why do you keep mentioning the Hall of Fame? Setting the bar awfully high for the rookie. Face it, kid can ball. Keep hatin'.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Haters gone Hate

No score for this post
September 19 2011, 3:29 PM 

I am not saying anything about the kid himself.

I am talking about the b@ll licking from the media.

Why don't I ever mention the kid from Tampa?
The same reason that I never mention over half the starting qb's in the league...
Nothing to talk about.
Average to below average play on average to below average football teams.

What is the point?
Freeman is black, so I guess he has to be mentioned with Newton?
Your a fuching idiot!

I do not hide my dislike of running qb's.
I don't like that style of play in professional football.
I love it in college, but not in the NFL.

When a running qb wins about 10 Superbowls, then maybe I might change my mind, but as of today, I will take the old boring pocket passer like Brady any day.

SF2
(Login SaintsFanToo)

Luck

No score for this post
September 21 2011, 1:00 PM 

Luck is twice the QB Newton is. Dude is white and goes to Stanford... he has to be better (ninja)

(Login bmncaper)

Re: Luck

No score for this post
September 21 2011, 1:06 PM 

I do not hide my dislike of running qb's.
I don't like that style of play in professional football.
I love it in college, but not in the NFL.

Yeah, but murf (for the umpteenth time) HE ISN'T PLAYING LIKE A RUNNING QUARTERBACK!

I think you haven't watched a single bit of his first two games and are just blindly assuming he's darting around all over the place circa Vick '02 and have decided that the media is praising him based on his athleticism.

The media is praising him for a good start to his career, no more no less, based on his ability to stay in the pocket and make plays happen. I thought that you liked that kinda thing but I guess I was wrong?

BMN

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
September 21 2011, 3:15 PM 

I have watched both games...
The kid has played well for a rookie and YES he is playing like a running qb...(ooops, sorry according to some members of the media, that is some how semi racist to call anyone a "running qb", so now they want everyone to say MOBILE QB.)
Like that fuching changes the way the guy plays the game.
Pathetic!

Rushing yards or rushing attempts only tell a small part of the story...

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
September 21 2011, 6:06 PM 

That confirms my suspicion. You didn't watch his games.

BMN

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Usually

No score for this post
September 21 2011, 6:06 PM 

I'm right along with Murf with the Michael "Dawgkilla" Vicks of the world--I HATE THE "RUNNING QB".

But Murf--you're obviously not paying attention.

Dude just broke the two game passing yardage record by a long shot. By almost 300 yards. You may never see this record broken. 800 and something odd yards passing? Only Brady has done better.

Newton has it going on. He says the right things. He does the right things. He makes the right plays. I'm going to say HELL NO to Cam Newton sucks.

However, Cam's only "mistake" is that he allowed himself to get drafted by the Panthers. He's just that good. Good in college. Terrific so far in the NFL.

AND you can't count out that the boy is hungry to win. He just doesn't have enough weapons in Carolina to have that--yet.

Now, if Carolina starts drafting like the Lions (yeah, I can't believe I just said that)--then they will have something. They already have the nucleus around Newton.

NOW BUILD ON IT. Just too bad that Newton didn't get drafted by the Colts or Patriots (so he can take over for A Man Named Brady and Brady could teach him how a real professional operates).

The only thing that's making me sick right now is how the media is drooling all over Newton. They forget who Newton plays for. And they looked for that 2-game stat. They love pointing out this thing.

That's what makes me ill--the media and how they are reacting. Not Newton's play.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Usually

No score for this post
September 22 2011, 2:39 AM 

BINGO!
That is exactly what I am saying!
I am not against the kid, I am blasting the media for trying to force this kid to be something that he is not yet.

I HAVE WATCHED THE GAMES..
I never said he ran for a bunch of yards.
I said he is playing like a running qb and if you watch football and understand how many things he is doing right or wrong, then you would realize what I am saying.

He is a rookie, so I am not going to say anything about his skills or lack of skills.

My entire complaint is about the media, not the kid.

(Login bmncaper)

Re: Usually

No score for this post
September 22 2011, 6:36 AM 

I watched his games too. I fail to see where he played like a running QB.....please do tell me what plays I missed that demonstrated this?

Hanging tough in the pocket...I could have sworn that was the opposite of what running QBs do, but lo and behold, I was wrong! Tom Brady is a running QB! All this time, I never knew!

BMN

dacow
(Login dacow)

Lets face it...

No score for this post
September 22 2011, 6:48 AM 

Come on BMN, you just don't know football like Murf. Hang around here, he may teach you something.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Lets face it...

No score for this post
September 22 2011, 1:24 PM 

WOW...

There is about 90% more than playing qb than just spinning the ball or running with it.

As for the kid...

he has played decent in 2 games..
He is a rookie, he has talent..

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

One more slam on Newton

No score for this post
September 22 2011, 7:16 PM 

I think he's got a whole lot of NFL Experience to gain. Once he gains that--he will stop throwing all those INTs.

The INT Factor vs TDs is a major valid slam on Newton--however, I'm giving the kid more time to focus in on the speed of the difference of the collegiate level vs. the NFL's.

After all, Cam was thrown to the wolves/put in a bad Carolina situation. He's at least kept them close and within striking distance. Without Newton, the Panthers are blown out of both of those games. Let's compare what happens to Carolina without Newton--and like Indy--put the putz Kerry Collins in those games.

Yikes.

The fact of the matter that although Newton has the passing record for those two games, he still threw god-awful picks. But I believe that will change with time.

It better for Panther Fans....

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Jay
(no login)

Overrated

No score for this post
October 9 2011, 10:21 AM 

Watching the New Orleans/Panthers game now and the announcers make the comment along the lines of "while the Panthers have to punt, Cam did get his team into Saints territory". This is all it's been with Cam: stats but little wins. I actually would've loved for the Panthers to have chosen some draft picks that beefed up their offensive front seeing they haven't been able to protect previous QBs for several years now. Plus Cam lacks the mentality to be a leader: too smug and ego-filled. He may end up being a decent QB but I highly doubt he will end up among the likes of Brady, Manning, etc.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Overrated

No score for this post
October 10 2011, 5:38 AM 

Be careful...he is a black man, so we are not allowed to have an opinion on him.

You must say that he is the greatest qb to have ever lived.

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
October 10 2011, 9:27 AM 

When has ANYONE at ANY TIME said he was the greatest QB?

I fail to see how Cam is being evaluated any differently from any other #1 pick.

He got picked at the very top and is progressing very well. He makes his rookie mistakes. Announcers call him out on it. He also throws for a lot of yards and is WELL ahead of where anyone thought he'd be as a pocket passer. That too will get attention.

The team is 1-4, which is exactly where everyone thought they'd be.

I could have sworn I was indunated with talk about Peyton Manning in his rookie year when his team wasn't winning $#!+, but I guess since he's white, I must have dreamed it.....

BMN

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
October 10 2011, 9:40 AM 

I see progression in his game.

He is obviously talented. In all honesty, he has played better than I thought he would. I thought he was more of a run first, pass second guy. The kid has some serious passing ability.

"Insert witty quotation here"

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
October 10 2011, 10:09 AM 

I think the kid is playing very well for a rookie.
He is going to make his rookie mistakes, but he is a talent.

I remember Manning being blown up like Newton and it was very annoying then.
The media is the problem, not the players.
Newton is doing nothing but playing football.

I have no problems with the player, I just get tired of hearing his name on ESPN every five seconds.
Like Favre the last few years...

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

No score for this post
October 12 2011, 9:38 PM 

Murf complaining about the media...This guy Murf has a blog. Murf, where do you get all your insider information?

Murf, you are a wannabe media guy.

You are a wannabe football analyst.

You are a wannabe social commentator.

You are a wannabe bar owner.

What do you do for real? Clean toilets at PBS?

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
October 14 2011, 2:42 PM 

LOL...

I am glad that I am one thing...

NOT YOU!

OldSchool
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Two things:

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 1:12 AM 

1. Karma's a b*tch. Cam should have never did the "Deion". Celebrating like that only gets you killed in the end.

2. Cam doesn't have a defense to support him at all.

Bonus: I believe the only other thing that Cam has going for him is Steve Smith. Even when there's no hope, Steve Smith still thinks he can win. I want a guy like that on my team.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Two things:

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 6:05 AM 

I had a long debate with friends the other night about qb's and how they are judged.
A good question came up.

HE IS THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT?
I believe 12 qb's were drafted in this years draft.

Newton: Talented player that resembles a player like Big ben.
Big qb that can hang around and allow the skill players to work the field when the play is busted.
Time will tell if he can make the plays at the end of the game.
Coaching has been huge, they developed a plan to enhance his abilities and limit his flaws.

Dalton: He is in the mold of Brady or Brees.
Fluid, rhythm qb that reads the defense very well.
Ha shown more ability than flaws.
He is a keeper.

Gabbert: I like what I watched yesterday.
A 22 year old rookie qb on the road against one of the most difficult teams to play against.
Played hard, made some mistakes but never did panic.
I believe Jax has a their qb

Ponder: got his first taste last night.
If the Vikings want to improve in the next few years, it is time to play the kid.
I like McNabb, was a solid qb for many years, but at age 36, doesn't seem to have the skill set anymore

Mallet: Who knows, in the preseason the kid looked great, but with Brady there, you might not see this kid for a few years.

Kaeprnick;
I believe Alex Smith is going to work out just fine under a stable offensive system.
the poor kid was jerked around more than anyone I have ever seen.
So who knows what this kid can or can't do

Locker: Sitting behind a pretty solid vet.
When he got snaps in preseason, looked like a keeper.
All of you mobile qb lovers, should be excited to see this kid play.
Faster and more athletic than Newton and has a very accurate arm.
I kind of wanted him to play right away, but there is nothing wrong with him learning behind a pretty solid vet.

Mcelroy: I will sound like an idiot here, but I honestly believe he is the better qb on the roster.
We might not get to see that any time soon, but this kid is a sleeper.
Very accurate arm, decent arm and is very smart in the pocket.
He might be the player in a few years that comes out of shadows and people wonder where he has been

And a few others like Stanzi/Taylor/Yates/Enderle that are pretty much out of the picture at this point.
Who is better?
I don't think you can ever decide that, scheme, coaching, team all play into the final answer.
Put Tom Brady in Cleveland over the last 10 years and what do you have?

As a Bengal homer, I like Dalton.
Getting better every week and the players believe in him.
Just needs a head coach to stop baby sitting him.

I believe it is a pretty solid class of qb's and the next year you are going to have about 5 or 6 very good prospects.

Andrew Luck (Stanford) the best prospect since Elway
Matt Barkley (USC) unlimited potential
Lance Jones (Oklahoma) better than most give credit
Kirk Cousins (Mich State) will make a Martyball offense shine
Kellen Moore (Boise) short, but very good at times.
Nick Folles (Arizona) the Mallet of the class

BTW--
This is why Mike Brown takes the ultimate title of moron of the century.
The teams that are in desperate need for a qb this year, will have a rookie next year and Carson's stock will fade.
Still can be traded but instead of a 2nd rounder, you might be looking at 4th or 5th.

WCB
(Login westcoastbengal)

No score for this post
October 23 2011, 6:16 PM 

Cam has 2,100 passing yards, 8 TDs and 9INTs.....yup.......He sucks!

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

WCB
(Login westcoastbengal)

No score for this post
October 30 2011, 6:07 PM 

2393 YDS, (second in the league behind Brees) 11 passing TD's, 9 INT, 7 rushing TD's on the season. Today 290 YDS 3 TD's 0 Int. It's halfway through the season.

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Are you kidding

No score for this post
October 30 2011, 6:51 PM 

Cam Newton is a stud. He was definitely worth the press he's receiving. The Panthers suck. Cam Newton does not.

As a matter of fact, Steve Smith f*cked that game up by getting a holding penalty at the end of the game.

CAM NEWTON HAD A 1ST DOWN ON HIS OWN.

Smith may be a borderline great receiver, but he IS a bonehead.

Not only can Cam Newton pass, but he has a clear vision when running the ball.

If I was going to start a franchise today, I think I would take Cam Newton over everybody under 26 years of age.

He's a great starting block. He has all the intangibles. The only thing that worries me is his sketchy past. It may come back to haunt him.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Are you kidding

No score for this post
October 31 2011, 9:48 AM 

I will take Dalton over Newton without hesitation.

Newton is putting up huge video game type of numbers, but he is also costing them games at the same time.

He had two very costly fumbles yesterday.
I am not trashing the guy, I think he is playing better than I would have ever guessed, but if we are going to treat him like he is something special, then he needs to be called out when he makes a few costly mistakes.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Murf, here is the difference....

No score for this post
November 1 2011, 12:19 AM 

....that you aren't getting.

I believe that Dalton is rough around the edges. However, other than a game manager, I can't see him being much more than Jon Kitna. I like his fiery attitude. But I think we're seeing the extent of Dalton's talent.

Cam Newton on the other hand? I think we're seeing maturity issues. When he comes into his own--look the f*ck out. He has Randall Cunningham or Doug Williams' arm--with Michael Vick's Running Abilities--and unlike Vick--Cam will run you the f*ck over with his size and strength.

Plus, here's one more factor, you have forgotten--Cam learned in the SEC. Dalton played the likes of New Mexico, Colorado State, and UTEP. THAT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I take Cam's mistakes this year over Dalton's lack of ability to see the playing field any day.

You see Cam Newton's run at the end of the Panther's Game Sunday? Just amazing.

I see Dalton and I see shaky mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I see Cam Newton and I see WEBN's Firework Display on Labor Day. Outstanding.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Murf, here is the difference....

No score for this post
November 1 2011, 3:01 AM 

Cam has some talent..

Talking like he is the greatest thing sliced bread is a bit over board in my opinion, but I guess you can say tasters choice.
Some people like the running qb style...I don't.

Fun to watch from time to time, yes.
Just glad I don't have to follow a team with that type of qb running the offense.

BTW--Dalton is about 10 times better than Kitna right now.
Dalton is going to be franchise qb for a long time.

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
November 1 2011, 6:40 AM 

I still don't think that Cam is playing like a running QB.

Vick in his Atlanta iteration, for e.g., was a run-first QB most of the time. He'd give the defense a cursory glance and panic and BOOM! he'd be off to the races. I don't see that in Cam's performance.

Plus, as pointed out before, it's exceptionally important to note that unlike a lot of other QBs that supposedly are in the "running QB" mold, Cam is a BIG dude. Bringing him down is hard to do and will continue to be hard to do.

BMN

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
November 1 2011, 10:24 AM 

"Some people like the running qb style...I don't.

Fun to watch from time to time, yes.
Just glad I don't have to follow a team with that type of qb running the offense."

Murf you are delusional. Cam is an athletic QB with scrambling ability, but he isn't a run-first QB. He just isn't. You either aren't paying attention, or refuse to admit that you have been wrong about him. As for whether it helps to be an athletic QB that can scramble, yes it does. See: Roethlisberger, Ben and Rodgers, Aaron.

As far as Dalton.... well, you're delusions of grandeur for the kid are hysterical. Saying he is "in the same mold as Brees and Brady"?!!!?? Are you F'ing kidding me?!!?

The kid is a game manager. I have a lot of respect for how he has played this year, never wavering or doubting himself. He sticks with it, plays hard and with determination, and all that is great.

But he has been merely managing the games. You point out that the coaching staff is too conservative constantly, yet you assume that if they aired it out all the time they would get better results. I'm not so sure. I think if they did that they would get Dalton killed or put him in too many bad spots for a rookie. It's better to keep the 3rd downs short and the game close. This kid simply hasn't and doesn't look the type to take over a game and dominate a team for 60 minutes. He just doesn't.

Cam is being asked to win games for his team. To be the guy that the entire offense goes through and revolves around. Dalton does not have that pressure.

You mention Cam's two fumbles yesterday, yet Dalton threw two picks and you don't say a word.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
November 1 2011, 2:14 PM 

Hold on, pump the breaks there jackwagon and pay attention.

When did I ever say that Newton was a bad qb?
I believe I have said and continue to say that they kid has talent.

Why did I bring up his fumbles?
That is the story.
If he does not fumble the ball 2 times, and give the other team a short field and an opportunity to put up 14 points, then he does not have to try and bring his team from behind.
Same thing with Tebow...everyone wanted to praise him for his late game heroics last week.
Well if he didn't suck for 55 minutes of that game, he would not have had that opportunity to bring his team back.

Newton got placed on this Super hero mountain by the idiots in the media and the idiot fans fell for it.
He didn't claim to be anything special, he has done nothing but play football.
But, he is on this mountain and he has people worshiping his sack, so if your are going to fall on your knees and kiss the feet of the great Newton, then you must accept the fact that he has flaws and those flaws are going to be pointed out.

Dalton is already being degraded by idiot Bengal fans.
As a response in this thread said...he is nothing more than a game manager.
I think that is flat out crazy talk, and a typical Bengal fan comment, but time will tell that story.
I do believe you are watching a qb that will play like Breez and Rogers.
They didn't climb off the bus and become as great as they are just by walking on the field.
He has the tools to be a great qb...needs a coach to allow that to happen, but he can't change that right now.

(Login fraidycat)

Cam

No score for this post
November 2 2011, 1:34 PM 

While I think Dalton has been a great surprise (as have the Bengals in general...a shocking surprise really), what Cam Newton is doing is historic.

He only needs 1350 yards passing for the rest of the year to break Manning's rookie passing record.

He has 18 touchdowns (passing and running).

Steve Smith, left for dead last year, is on pace to break Jerry Rice's single season yardage record.

Has he made mistakes? Sure. Could he break a leg or go Mark Wohlers? Absolutely.

But if this continues, even if it slows down, don't kid yourself - you're going to be telling your kids that you saw the greatest Rookie QB of All Time.

- FC

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Cam

No score for this post
November 2 2011, 2:09 PM 

I am not denying anything that you said.
I have never said that I didn't like the kid or even say that he sucks.

I like watching him play.
He is fun to watch..

The idiot fans and some media are drawing lines in the sand over this guy.
You either have to run out sport Newton gear, or you are racist bast@rd for not being in love with the guy.

Same with Tebow...
If you don't like him and rip his game apart, then you hate Christian qb's.

I have no problem with Newton..
He is never going to be in a Bengal uniform, so I honestly don't have to worry about him developing or not in the NFL.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
November 2 2011, 8:00 PM 

Fraidy, well said. Thanks for some perspective.

Murf, your paranoid delusions about the media make me think you need mental help. Please tell me who in the media called you racist for being critical of Cam Newton?

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
November 3 2011, 3:09 PM 

Paranoid?
LMAO!

Just amused at modern day journalism.
The hypocrisy is pretty out of control.
The over dramatized story lines are the norm.

If you didn't hear any of the race card garbage, then you must not have been paying attention.

Phil Simms is not sold on Luck...is he racist b/c he questions a white qb?

I know, a very absurd question....get the hint.

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
November 3 2011, 10:18 PM 

You're right. I probably don't pay near as much attention to talking heads as you, especially if what they are saying bothers me.

Why do I give a crap what Phil Simms says? You don't need to be a former NFL QB to know that what Cam Newton is doing is historic, or that Luck is great prospect but that prospects fail and results are not guaranteed.

As for someone making it out to be racist to criticize Cam Newton, the only person I have heard make that remark was Warren Moon. I hate to break it to you, but he is not a member of the media (at least that I'm aware). What he says is newsworthy because he is a HOF QB. What HOF QBs say always gets attention. Namath has been dissing Rex Ryan all season, been getting a lot of media attention.

Is Namath an expert on coaching? No. Has he ever coached a team to the Superbowl? No. It still gets play.

Don't confuse the media with what they are reporting on.

And please don't confuse sports radio and espn with journalism. It's entertainment, that is all. That's fine, but it's not serious journalism by any means.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
November 4 2011, 3:02 AM 

I have to listen to the talking heads on the radio everyday...
Sports talk from 5:30 am to 6:00pm...
I can't handle the modern day music stations...same song, 50 ads, same song...50 ads... with some annoying weasel getting paid to be annoying.

I can't handle the political talk during football season, so it is sports talk.
I loved it when it is was all local...the national guys can't spend enough time on the same topic.

Newton/Tebow/Cowboys/Jets

I don't care about any of them, but I hear it all day every day.

As far as the media using race to sell stories..that is nothing new.
They love that sh!t..any type of tabloid garbage they can come up with, they run with.
I am not positive but I believe Moon was in radio at one time or is now...

Race:
Not to get all involved in a long race debate here, but race will forever have a place in the head lines.
Sad, but true.
You have too many weasels that push for it and you have too many morons in society that dwell on it.
It drives me nuts and that is why I love to bring up the hypocrisy and insanity of it all.

Cam Newton was going to be looked over harder than anyone else in this draft b/c he was the most talked about prospect at qb.
He was slated as the over all #1 pick in the draft and he is a qb..
He had a very short resume, impressive winning National Title and Heisman, but it was still very short.
He came from an offense that is not NFL friendly to qb's.
He never took a ton of snaps from center and many questioned if he could transition from a shot gun 1/4 read, to a full drop back 7 yard, full read qb.
These are all legit questions when you are going to invest time and money in this kid to be the franchise qb.
Then, when Carolina did take him and the owner asked Newton to not get all tatted up or wear flamboyant clothing or earrings, that became a racial issue for some..
That is called MARKETING and Newton would be wise to follow the owners wishes..

The Kid is a talent.
Can he become a great qb in the NFL?
Nobody has that answer, just like we don't know if Dalton can move on past the stage of where he is at right now.
Questioning his skill set, is just that, questioning his skill set.
Nothing more, nothing less.

He is a qb in the NFL.
He is out there to be celebrated and torched.
My point has been, allow the kid to blaze his own path to the Hall of Fame by playing for 10 years.
Then we can judge him on his resume.

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

No score for this post
November 4 2011, 2:31 PM 

Murf, hate to break this to you but a poll were taken of MBS.com members of who the biggest racist poster is....? Guess who'd win?

Do some soul searching before you preach friend.

WCB
(Login westcoastbengal)

No score for this post
November 6 2011, 9:48 PM 

0 yds 0 TD's 0 Int's. Man, this guy sucks.

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Yo Murf

No score for this post
November 10 2011, 3:10 PM 

Yep--Cam Newton really sucks.

He sucks so bad that this week, I'm starting him over Tom Brady. Call me crazy--but I think Cam will have a better time over Brady who goes up against a motivated Jets Defense.

Again--call me crazy....but I'm starting Newton.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Yo Murf

No score for this post
November 10 2011, 11:59 PM 

LOL...

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Holy cow!!!!

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 1:14 AM 

"LOL..."-Murf

Yep--you got the last laugh on this one.

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself and say:

WHAT THE F*CK WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LMMFAO. Oh brother.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Holy cow!!!!

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 4:50 AM 

I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at the California dreamer.

But now that you mention it...what were you thinking?
LOL

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Holy cow!!!!

No score for this post
November 14 2011, 4:51 AM 

Current Topic - Cam Newton Sucks!!!!!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return