<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

RIP Al Davis

October 8 2011 at 9:11 AM
No score for this post

e-town  (Login e-town)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 67.53.77.224

He has run his team into the ground for the last several years, and has had some TERRIBLE drafts. He still has a hell of a Legacy for his earlier years and years of football excellence.

No doubt Mikey will be the #1 shytiest Owner list now!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bo Jackson
(Login HipLikeBo)

Re: RIP Al Davis

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 9:19 AM 

Mikey was the #1 shytiest owner yesterday.

I have a really close friend who's a Raiders fan. All he has done is complain about Davis for the last 5 to 10 years but he is really bumming right now. Pretty much sums up the relationship the fans always had with him. Sad day.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

e-town
(Login e-town)

Agreed

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 9:25 AM 

I always thought Mikey was way worse, allot of publications but Davis ahead of him. Very sad day, for Raider/NFL fans

Bo Jackson
(Login HipLikeBo)

Re: Agreed

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 10:33 AM 

Completely and totally off topic but does anyone know how old Mike Brown is?

2ndsout
(Login 2ndsout)

RE: Agreed

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 10:45 AM 

According to Wikipedia.. Mike Brown was born sometime in 1937... so that would make him 74.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Brown_(NFL_owner)

Actually had to look up to see if Al Davis had passed away. He was 82.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/sports/football/al-davis-owner-of-raiders-dies-at-82.html

psychostats
(Login psychostats)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

Mike Brown on Al Davis

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 11:27 AM 

Hobson provides Mike Brown's reaction:
"Al was a fiery individualist, an important part of pro football--the AFL and NFL--for almost 50 years. His teams had times of great success, and he was heavily involved both on and off the field. I admired the achievements the Raiders attained under Al.

"Personally, I was fond of him. He battled with the NFL, and a lot of us wished that had not been where things went, but under all that was a person I respected. It saddens me to hear that he is gone."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-remember-Davis/fa66b9e9-c354-4256-a268-1db107b28f39

If you can muster any sympathy for our arch nemesis, he might be taking this one kind-of hard. The old guard is slowly fading around him.

Davis deserves his due, but it was time.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: RE: Agreed

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 11:29 AM 

RIP Al Davis.

What I will say about Al is that his passion was clearly to win. It is a shame that over the past half decade he had fallen into the same likes as Mike Brown as one of the worst owners in sports, but at least in his case it was more that he wanted to win, he just didn't know the right way to go about in in the 2000s era NFL.

Regardless of how poorly the Raiders have faired since 1992, Mr. Davis definitely will go down as an NFL Legend for his career with the AFL and the Raiders franchise.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: RE: Agreed

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 12:01 PM 

I always liked the Raiders since I was a kid and saw some fans wearing shoulder pads with spikes on them.

How bad *** is that?

I think I will adopt them as my team for the year. I haven't even been watching bungs games this year anyway. I like Hue Jackson too, although rooting for Chuckie as D coordinator will be tough, and bring back some cruel memories no doubt.

Oh well, better than riding the Lions' or Bills' jock like everyone else (though not so much the Bills now that they lost to the lowly bungs).

I won't go so far as to say I am a member of Raider nation or anything, but I hope they do well this season. They certainly do have some talent, although Campbell is just a middling QB imo and that is the most important position in the game. If he can avoid mistakes though they definitely have the ability to run it down other teams' throats.

Go Raiders!

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Coaching and Drafting Woes

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 1:09 PM 

I believe that Al Davis has been senile since at least 2004. Could have been suffering from Dementia as well. How else do you explain Tom Cable, bringing back the worst gameday coach in the history of the NFL (Art Shell), and drafting a kicker in the 1st round?

The Raiders have been bad since 2003. That's when I believe that Al Davis started to lose it mentality--and that's when he thought he owned the US Olympic Track Team instead of an NFL Franchise.

Out here in Nor Cal, people are smiling and crying at the same time. Bunch of neurotics they are.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: Coaching and Drafting Woes

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 6:21 PM 

Wow, just read this here, sorry to hear about this, Al might have been bat sh!t crazy but at least his sole intention was to win even if he didn't do it right, I would be less mad about Mike Brown if that was his sole intention but we all know winning isn't even on his list of priorities.

Al Davis > Mike Brown

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

must be locked in the Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 8:23 PM 

Hopefully the clown dies next......like tomorrow

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
October 9 2011, 4:09 AM 

Prediction.....

Raiders become relevant again.

RIP..

As far as the fans go...
Solid fan base, even as Al picked "akili smith" type of players year after year, they continued to show.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
October 9 2011, 6:42 AM 

"Prediction.....

Raiders become relevant again." ~ murf

Raiders have been to a Super Bowl within the last 10 years, Bengals have not won a playoff game within 20 years

The Bengals will never become relevant

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

whit
(Login whit28)

Al Davis

No score for this post
October 9 2011, 8:20 AM 

The problem with the Raiders for most of the last 10 years has been coaaching not players. They have always had talent because Davis was willing to spend the money for talent. I think he wanted to win so bad, one more time, he tried to rush it and kept firing coaches.

I actually believe he should have brought Cable back because they were on the cusp of improving. Chuck Bresnahan is their defensive coordinator now.

"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return