<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Marvin Lewis

October 16 2011 at 5:16 PM
No score for this post

Fulcher  (Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 70.189.0.228

Does anyone besides me believe Marvin is doing an absolute amazing job with this team?
Who believed this team would be 4-2 right now?

I think it is unbelievable that he has a rookie qb, rookie wide out and the likes of Jerome Simpson and this team continues to win games. The defense is solid and the offense looks better every week. Marvin in my personal opinion is doing an amazing job with the players he has on the field. Brown invests the bare minimum in this team lets our best corner go and does nothing with Cardboard and were still 4-2 with that kind of owner.

Unbelievable!!!

Now, before you guys say we have had a weak schedule, who among you didnt believe the bungs were the weakest team in the league before the season started?

I for one would have sworn we would be at best right now 1-5 an if someone told me we were going to be 4-2 I would have sworn they were crazy or on crack.

KEEP IT UP MARVIN!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

LC
(Login LoyaltyClause)

Re: Marvin Lewis

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 5:19 PM 

somebody else is drinking the kool-aid LOL...no really, though, I'm shocked on a national level this hasn't gotten more attention...esp. when mentioning what Lewis had to deal with, esp. under the Browns...

OldSchool
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Here's what I think

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 5:21 PM 

The Bungles are benefitting from a really eeeeeezzzzy schedule.

But 4-2 is impressive for this team nonetheless.

They still have to play somebody that isn't missing their starting QB before I'm real impressed.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Storm
(Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

Re: Here's what I think

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 5:51 PM 

They are winning because of Zimmer and his defense and despite Marvin Lewis, Marvin cost them the Denver game and almost cost them today with his conservative play late in the game.

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 7:14 PM 

This is the 2009 Coach of the Year we're talking about. And consider who he works under.

Lewis is a mixed bag. At his best, maybe a low-key Marty Shottenheimer. It would help if he actually had an owner who told him to improve on some of his weaker areas, like clock management. (I'm assuming that doesn't happen based on what we see on Sundays.)

I agree about Zimmer. And Jay Gruden has already made big improvements on offense, factoring in the young players running his system.

I also agree about the schedule. It's the biggest factor.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 7:14 PM 

Marvin is a good football coach, but a very bad Head Coach.
He has always been a very Marty Shctt type of coach, scared to death to win a game.

I would love to see this team work under a Jim Schwartz/Mike Tomlin/Jim Harbaugh or Jon Gruden.
Fire/Passion/Energy are not 3 words I would describe any Bengal team under Marvin.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 8:00 PM 

"This is the 2009 Coach of the Year we're talking about"

Yeah that award lost its luster after the sportswriters who voted for him got exposed for not paying attention late in the season, I believe they lost 4 of their last 5 games, not sure how a coach of the year loses 4 of the last 5 games.

Do they even give that award out anymore? lol

In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 6:30 AM 

It is hard watching this team play.
They are winning, but they should not be in tight games against sh!t teams.

Marvin loves the pound and ground scheme.
Problem is, we don't have a team that has the ability to do that.
This team plays better when the offense is in attack mode.
Better Rhythm, more energy and up tempo.
they come in and out of the huddle quickly.
Dalton is fluid under that tempo.

This team should not be hoping for a mistake to win.

Plus--
2 times this year the coach questions somebody for scoring a touchdown.
He questions if Dunlap should score on the fumble recovery?
That is the mentality that I don't understand.

YOU SCORE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN IN 60 MINUTES.

(Login e-town)

Not excited..... Yet.

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 7:35 AM 

4-2 is a lot better than I thought. I was thinking 1-5. It really doesnt matter this year, cuz I'm pretty positive we will get lit up by any playoff contender. I am excited for the future though with these young players doing well. A good draft and we may be a contender next year, maybe two. Ravens and Steelers are getting old.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Not excited..... Yet.

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 1:14 PM 

He is doing a wonderful job. Game management may have cost them one game, but he has 4 wins in 6 games with 4 wins in 16 games talent.

I find it amazing just how stupid some Bengals fans really are. He is least to blame for their problems in 2011. The whole staff is doing a good job as well. Coach Zimmer I would think will get his shot eventually somewhere.

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 1:48 PM 

I agree the entire staff is doing an amazing job. They don't have squat on the field and are sitting at 4-2.

If Marvin is a bad coach then where does these coaches fit in.

Pat Shurmur
Jim Caldwell
Jack Del Rio
Todd Haley
John Fox
Jason Garrett
Andy Reid
Mike Shanahan
Mike Smith
Ron Rivera
Ken Whisenhunt
Steve Spagnuolo
Pete Carroll

I got him ahead of all these guys and probably others. Also lets not forget he is by far the best coach we have had since Whyce.

People put a lot of blaim on Marvin but look at what he has to work with winning 4 games all year would have been a success for this team let alone going 4-2. Look at the Dream Team, Dallas and the Redskins where they dump the max allowed every year on the team and have nothing to show for it. Whats the deal with their coaching staff when Marvin is winning games with no names and rookies.

and no I aint drinking any kool aid just think it's amazing this team is doing as well as it has.
Have to admit though, as a fan I love it.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 17 2011, 2:38 PM 

"It is hard watching this team play.
They are winning, but they should not be in tight games against sh!t teams." ~ Mikey's Little Lamb.

Yes, they are in tight games against lower tier teams. That's what you should expect of a lower tier team.

It's hard to deny history if you have any non-homer sense of reflection. Mikey, year in and year out, puts 5-win talent on the field. Much like 2010, the bungs are winning with savvy and smoke and mirrors. But they're doing it against a pathetic set of competitors. And they're getting some amazing breaks along the way.

They've apparently gotten legitimate at right tackle, but otherwise this is substantially the same, ramshackle squad that got humiliated last year, except for rookie replacements at QB and WR.

Marvin has them overachieving again. Much like 2010 (or even 2005 for that matter), I'm wagering that the talent gap gets decisively revealed down the stretch. And the confused Sheep with bleat with confused agony one again.

murf
(Login murf129)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 17 2011, 4:31 PM 

Talent gap?
This team has some talent.
They don't have the big names or the huge free agent bust like some other teams, but as history shows, paying big name free agents seldom plays out as well as expected.

Patriots/Packers/Steelers have very few big names on the roster.

They play to win and work as a team under a solid system.

Marvin is a good coach, there is no denying that.
He simply can't force himself to be a good head coach.
Marty Shott had the same problem.

The Bengals are playing better than anyone expected, but with the talent on the roster, with Carson at qb, this team would have been as good as anyone in football.
Believe or not...

Defense has talent up front and back
Offense has some special players but they are not using them as special players and that is the problem.
Yesterday was the first day that both Leonard and Scott got more than a token touch.

Some of you are in love with the ol style of football and that is fine, but the game has changed

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 4:35 PM 

If Marvin is a bad coach then where does these coaches fit in.

Marvin Lewis (0 playoff wins 9 seasons)

Pat Shurmur (Rookie)
Jim Caldwell (2 playoff wins)
Jack Del Rio (1 playoff win)
Todd Haley (0 playoff wins 3rd season)
John Fox (5 playoff wins)
Jason Garrett ( 0 wins 2nd season)
Andy Reid (10 playoff wins)
Mike Shanahan (8 playoff wins and a Super Bowl win)
Mike Smith ( 0 wins 5th season)
Ron Rivera (rookie)
Ken Whisenhunt (4 playoff wins)
Steve Spagnuolo (0 wins 3rd season)
Pete Carroll (2 playoff wins)

The reality is that only one coach with more than 5 years experience has not won a playoff game and that is Gary Kubiak, Marvin has had 9 years and hasn't done squat in his 2 appearances, I understand that the bar is set low as far as success here in Cincinnati but the object of the NFL is to win Lombardi Trophies, Marvin will never challenge for one so he's not a very good coach and he proved that in 2009 with a dominating defense he decided to go all conservative and they squandered 4 of their last 5 games.

Not sure how anyone other than a blind homer would consider Marvin a good coach

TOBB
(Login Bengal_Boy)

All Time winner

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 5:09 PM 

Marvin has ****** up at least one game this year with ridiculous clock management. I think the coordinators and the rookies don't know they're supposed to suck, so they just don't listen to Marvin. They should be 5-1. The kids can play. I am pleased with 71 so far too. Marvin isn't bad, but that game was the Broncos and I WAS THERE! *******!

Mikey is cleverer than you think.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: All Time winner

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 2:55 AM 

You can't play the way he coaches and expect to win Championships.

Bottom line...it simply does not work.
I get banged on for not falling for the Vick type of qb.
Why don't I like them...they have never won anything in the NFL besides ESPN clips.
I don't like boring predictable, close to the vest type of coaches...
Why don't I like them...they can't win in this NFL

I love Herm Edwards...great coach, very bad head coach.
Dick Lebaeu...great coach...very bad head coach

Take Tomlin vs Lewis.
Lewis is a very respected defensive of coach.
Tomlin came out of the shadows, had 1 year as a cord.

Who gets more out of less?
Tomlin.

Players love playing for guys like Tomlin and Schwartz and Harbaugh.
They love the fire and passion on the sidelines, they know the coach is going to do whatever it takes to win.

Marvin would be a good coach if he just allowed the players to play and stop worrying about losing the game.

(Login 2ndsout)

RE: Marvin Lewis

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 7:25 AM 

Have to love the comments that Marvin Lewis made yesterday in the press conference:

Sundays game against Indianapolis drew a season high 52,068 to Paul Brown Stadium. When asked if he had anything to say to bring more fans back, Lewis made a veiled comment which some still are wondering who he meant.

I cant change peoples minds about things. You know what I mean? Lewis said. Someone has done a very good job of driving (the fans) away from here. And hes been very wrong.

(* 2ndsout's thoughts are ....Could it be this very website? MikeBrownsucks.com that is driving fans away? If so GOOD JOB! Mike Hole and the Bungles don't DESERVE sellouts or MORE MONEY. You know- if they have a winning season this year... who gives a flying fuch!!! They deservere MULTIPLE BLACKOUTS, and I hope that the REST OF THE SEASON IS BLACKED OUT--even IF they have a good season)

When asked later if he wanted to clarify his comments, Lewis would only allow "what will bring the fans back is winning and I shouldnt be thinking out loud like that."

Fuch the Bungles.
Fuch Mike Brown.
Fuch the stupid *** Sheep that go down there every Sunday.
Fuch the stadium.
Fuch Marvin Lewis.

(Login bmncaper)

Re: RE: Marvin Lewis

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 7:45 AM 

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Paul Daugherty.

BMN

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 7:50 AM 

I read today that Marvin said someone is doing a very good job of keeping the fans away. Why is that? Is it brcause we have seen 20 + years of mostly bad football and the Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1991? Is it because the Bengals have one of the worst front offices ever? To get fans back now we have to see a much better product on the field on a consistent basis. I liken last year to an analogy that if you bend a wire coathanger back and forth enough times it will break. I think after last year that happenned to the fans in this town - they threw up their hands and said "I've had enough".

shapu
(Login shapu)

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 9:20 AM 

Worth noting:
If Marvin was so great, he would have forced Mike to get rid of Brat years ago. This Jay Gruden kid is a real top-shelf OC.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 7:10 PM 

BMN is right on PD

Funny how Marvin is blaming Paul D and not the inept bumbling owner of team, just shows you how far removed from reality Marvin is

In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 18 2011, 10:10 PM 

Per Joe Reedy, Lewis was likely referring to Carson Palmer. He was criticizing a player who was soon to be shipped-off, like he did previously with Ochocinco. Makes sense to me.

And come-on, Palmer did way more damage (to ticket sales) by walking away than Daugherty ever could with a zillion columns.

dacow
(Login dacow)

I think...

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 6:41 AM 

.the thing that really pizzed off Mikey was that Palmer made his trade me or I will retire stance public about one week before season ticket renewals were due. THAT was a shot in this war. THAT really caused sales to go down.

Draw
(Login Drawon3rdand30)

Re: I think...

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 7:03 AM 

"Funny how Marvin is blaming Paul D and not the inept bumbling owner of team, just shows you how far removed from reality Marvin is"

That is his boss! Do you really expect him to be perfectly candid? Same with Hobson. Of course his articles are biased...he is the PR man for the Bengals.

What do people expect?!?

Take what these people say with a grain of salt, they are not trying to convey truth. They are trying to make their product look good, or keep their jobs.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who undertsand binary, and those who do not.

Current Topic - Marvin Lewis
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return