<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Heading into the second half

November 7 2011 at 6:02 AM
No score for this post

murf  (Login murf129)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 69.61.212.184

Coaching...
They are winning, so they get a passing grade as a staff.
Offense--Gruden has been pretty solid, not going to say great b/c he is not getting Scott enough touches vs linebackers.
Defense--Zimmer is great 50 minutes a game, the last minutes in each half is driving me nuts, playing that prevent soft zone bullsh!t.
Head Coach--Average at best...another game where they have an opportunity to close the door, but we get to watch Marvin Ball.
run, run, run, field goal, then hope everything works out on defense.
Close the fuching door!
You are in field goal range to start the drive, so why not try to move the ball downfield?
Go for the endzone...I know, it has worked, but the mentality of a team in the playoffs is developed all year long.
I have been saying this since they went to sleep against the Bears.
You can't expect a team to play SCARED all season, then ask them to suddenly change their mindset in the playoffs.

Anyway..over all good job by the coaching staff.

Offense..
Dalton is hands down the rookie of the year.
Green is the real deal
Benson is pretty solid and Scott needs more touches.
The line is playing very well most of the time.
Smith has trouble with speed rushers, but Gruden and Dalton are limiting the amount of plays that will expose Dalton to big hits.
They need to take more shots down field.
I don't mind the quick passing attack, it works, but Dalton did miss 2 or 3 opportunities to go long vs man to man coverage yesterday.

Defense...
Playing solid.

With more than 4 very winnable games left on the schedule, this team picked to be 2-14 by many, has a real chance at the playoffs.

~~~~~~~~~
NFL
Stop the happy horse sh!t flag fest.
If a player uses his helmet as a weapon, flag and fine.
Great hits are being punished and that is starting to take away from the game.
players are going to get injured b/c they are going to start slowing up and trying to protect themselves.
The game is fine, we don't need to make it a candy azz yuppie sport.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

Re: Heading into the second half

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 8:27 AM 

Dovetailing off your flag/ref comment, I see too many WR motioning the referee for a P.I. penalty flag every time they miss a pass. The CB's in this league already have the toughest job on the field without these pussified WR's getting their way on almost 90% of any close call.It happened in the SD/GB game and it sucks the life out of the game.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 10:19 AM 

Agreed...

The wide outs have become spoiled.
Yes, almost every time they don't make a catch, they are begging for a flag.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

dacow
(Login dacow)

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 12:17 PM 

"Smith has trouble with speed rushers, but Gruden and Dalton are limiting the amount of plays that will expose Dalton to big hits.
They need to take more shots down field."

So he can be exposed to more big hits!

(Login whit28)

Smith

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 1:03 PM 

I noticed on two plays Smith did a good job blocking, it was Dalton sitting back there not getting rid of the ball.

I know Cam Newton is the early landslide favorite for Rookie of the Year, but if Dalton wins 3 more games he has to sneak in to win it at the last second. I don't know what the Panthers record is but it can't be near as good.

I knew the Bengals were 5 and 2 going into this week. I didn't realize how good that was until I saw the Patriots and Giants were both 5 and 2 too.

"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

Current Topic - Heading into the second half
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return