<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Josh Hamilton

February 4 2012 at 7:54 AM
No score for this post

The Swamp Rat  (Login deweywarren)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 71.194.34.190

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Storm
(Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

Re: Josh Hamilton

No score for this post
February 4 2012, 12:31 PM 

Guy has been coddled by MLB, they covered up his last relapse, I thought he was supposed to have a zero tolerance agreement?

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
February 5 2012, 8:56 AM 

give him a F***ing break....guy had 3-4 beers and has been completely open to the media about TOO much tbh....he didn't beat his wife, get in a DUI (m.cabrera got in no trouble last year for that), or do any drugs (if you read his book that was his drug of choice, his real addiction).

i wish people would get off his back. one of the worst trades in cincinnati red history was trading away his talent.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
February 5 2012, 10:21 AM 

Those involved with people in rehab will tell you that relapsing is a natural part of rehabilitation. I agree with LoyaltyClause on this one. Hamilton has everything he'll ever need but no matter how much these guys get it will never be enough. When you have everything you still aren't satisfied and you have to reach for the next big thing. They think the next big thing will satisfy them but once they get it the whole cycle starts all over again. I imagine having everything and being cursed with an addiction is hellish to go though.

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

No score for this post
February 6 2012, 2:13 PM 

The Reds decided Hamilton was a liability and moved on. Remember, they picked him up for next to nothing. They traded baggage got less baggage in Volquez, squeezed a good year out of him, tried to make him mature and it did not work. Volquez became an important piece of the puzzle in acquiring Mat Latos. This guy is for real and Reds fans will see it this year on Opening Day. Plus, Latos' wife is smoking hot.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
February 6 2012, 2:29 PM 

I don't hate Hamilton for relapsing and I understand that it is a part of recovery but I don't like how the system allows athletes to get special treatment when it comes to addictions and criminal behavior.

If you are regular schlep you are called a "drug addict" cast away by society, most don't have insurance so they can't get help, if you have potential to be a great player, movie star or rock star you are "sick", you are coddled, embraced and given every opportunity to recover.

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

No score for this post
February 6 2012, 3:13 PM 

What are you? An OWS sympathizer?

So you want the Texas Rangers and MLB to take care of the homeless drug addicts in Arlington, Texas?

People get the special treatment because they have something to offer their provider/investor. The performer will give their talents and best performance, sweat and tears in exchange. The guy paying the freight is protecting his investment.

With my employer, if I go batty, I can check into the Looney Bin for treatment, get on some meds and hopefully get back to working. If I don't recover, the benefits will run out and I'm kicked to the curb.

Turn the tv off every once in awhile and clean the bong.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return