<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Taxpayers must buy us rubbers!!

March 4 2012 at 7:44 PM
No score for this post
  (Login theydey)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 65.60.161.26

Recently, a woman by the name of Sandra Fluke testified before Congress. For you see, Sandra is in law school at the Catholic University of Georgetown. In her testimony, she stated that because the Catholic University refused to buy her contraception that it about made her go broke. She stated that she needed help in the 3 years while at the law school because it cost her about $3000. So doing the math if a rubber is a dollar a peice, that comes out to having sex about 2 twice a day, every day, for the duration of her time spent in law school. In fact, she stated that about half the girls there were in a similar predicterment. What can I say other than sign me up at Georgetown law school!!

Of course, now I have another question for all you conservative fascists who think we should be buying our own rubbers. What about chronic masturbators? I mean, tissues are expensive. Granted, I doubt a male would garnish as much support testifying before Congress as a good looking young woman would, so I thought maybe we could take the animal rights angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfdUohFgzg&feature=related

This message has been edited by theydey from IP address 65.60.161.26 on Mar 4, 2012 7:44 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: Taxpayers must buy us rubbers!!

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 9:08 PM 

Possibly the dumbest non-Murf post I've seen here.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

(Login broncobux)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 10:13 PM 

Considering what Rush Limbaugh said on the subject, the right is best to STFU on this issue.

Insurance companies have been paying for contraceptives for years. It doesnt affect your freedom of religion to have to provide birth control. If that was the case, every religion would suddenly become "unable" to pay for little Johnny's cancer care because "God will heal him".

You can see the road this would go down.

Freedome of religion my arse.

"Insert witty quotation here"

Homey
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 2:56 AM 

Bronco, can we agree that treating cancer is not the same as contraceptives?

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 5:17 AM 

Shocking...

An arrogant response from the left.
You guys are so predictable...

Talk in circles and repeat the same things over and over.
Bush/CEO's/Neocons/Talk radio host/Fox News...blah blah blah...

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Draw
(Login Drawon3rdand30)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 6:25 AM 

Should be titled "Republicans miss point, and fail to use reasonable argument"

No one should care what she does in her private life. Calling her a slut was ridiculous, unnecessary, and divisive. And that is exactly what Rush intended.

Instead, the argument should be that health benefits are a form of compensation and a religious organization should not be compelled by the government to fund activities that it finds morally untenable. A organization, religious or otherwise, should have the freedom to offer the benefits they desire. The consequence is that organization will be less competitive in hiring because 99% of women use birth control.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who undertsand binary, and those who do not.

This message has been edited by Drawon3rdand30 from IP address 131.238.60.123 on Mar 5, 2012 6:26 AM
This message has been edited by Drawon3rdand30 from IP address 131.238.60.123 on Mar 5, 2012 6:25 AM

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 8:30 AM 

And if said religious entity wants to enter the business realm, said entity loses all tax shelters and protections afforded to religious entities.

This a'int a Catholic Fish Fry where you sell booze and fried seafood to pay for bills.

Furthermore, its not a deprivation of your constitutional right to beleive whatever god you want to believe in if you have to provide contraception. God will not banish you to hell for giving Sally a birth control pill regiment.

Wait, I forgot Catholics never used a rubber in their life. Hypocrisy?

And Murf, you cant ignore what Rush said. I'm actually glad he said it. The statement swayed public opinion on the issue. Good job, Rush! Idiot.

Edit - for the record, I dont think these companies should have to pay for an abortion, as long as it is purely elective. If its for the health of the mother, then you have an argument. However, an abortion as a form of post conception birth control is elective, (like a nosejob or tummy tuck), it should not necessarily be covered. There is a difference between an abortion and prvoding contraception.

This message has been edited by broncobux from IP address 24.234.30.172 on Mar 5, 2012 8:44 AM
This message has been edited by broncobux from IP address 24.234.30.172 on Mar 5, 2012 8:39 AM

Draw
(Login Drawon3rdand30)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 9:17 AM 

"Furthermore, its not a deprivation of your constitutional right to beleive whatever god you want to believe in if you have to provide contraception. God will not banish you to hell for giving Sally a birth control pill regiment."

It is not about going to Hell, it is about forcing a religious institution to do something it is morally opposed to. Tax the religious all you want, I think that would level the playing field for all business.

Is it a compelling state interest to force an organization to provide a benefit? This is not a public accommodation.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 9:30 AM 

I always ignore what Rush has to say b/c he is a loud mouth shock jock that gets paid b/c he has huge ratings b/c he smacks his gums together without thinking most of the time.
Rush is a nobody..
Talk radio host, do not have mind control over the people that are not falling for the progressive agenda.
News Stations can't use mind control..

Are there people out there that believe everything they hear?
Without question, but to lump everyone that is not in line to lick the sack of the savior, to be under some kind of spell from a talk show host is beyond absurd.

Same with the News Stations..how anyone can watch more than five minutes of any station is beyond me.
All they do is scream at each other about pointless issues like birth control.

The issue at hand:
I should not have to pay a single penny for some girl to get her freak on.
You wanna hump, have money to pay for the birth control or raise the baby if you are irresponsible.
The United States Federal government should not be involved in anything that has to do with fuching.
If birth control is used for medication, then it is not birth control.

I am not saying anything on the behalf of the religious side for the simple fact that most Catholics, use birth control.
The Church needs to fix things in house before demanding anything from anyone outside the house.

murf
(Login murf129)

One for the good guys!!!

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 10:30 AM 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/03/05/md-gun-law-found-unconstitutional/

Nice job...
I would like to propose a law that says that I can kick every anti-gun nut right in the balls for being stupid.

(Login broncobux)

Re: One for the good guys!!!

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 10:37 AM 

Stupid law.

It should be struck down.

Bo Jackson
(Login HipLikeBo)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 11:32 AM 

Too bad alter boys can't get pregnant or we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 12:01 PM 

Draw, public health and well-being might be enough to pass strict scrutiny.

Although, it would hinge on Justice Kennedy's vote.

Who knows what he would do.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 5:28 PM 

This thread is simply moronic.

Would be the equivalent of me starting a thread about Republicans wanting taxpayers to fund the instrumental rape of women (here in Virginia there is a new law, in case you haven't heard).

Or here's one: Republicans want taxpayers to fund the killing of innocent children (McCain wants bombing in Syria, and we all know that 'smart' bombs aren't quite as smart as the government wants us to believe or as we would all like them to be and so inevitably some innocent children would die).

Or here's another: Republicans want criminals to have greater access to guns to commit more crimes. including murder! (Several Republicans have sponsored bills across the country including again here in Va that would allow people to buy more guns at a time with less scrutiny, and we all know that some - a small portion, yes - will be used to commit crimes!)

Do I agree with any of this? No. It's pure poppycock, but no more than the "liberals want to get paid to have sex" argument that is completely without understanding of the issue.

We could go back and forth with these all day, but frankly we'd all be more stupid for it while our nation suffered. Frankly, I'm sick of the partisan bickering and intentional distortion of issues. Maybe one political party stands to gain, but we all suffer for it. If you want to espouse a bunch of lies and nonsense to demonize the other side you may as well at least get a job with a political campaign and get paid for it. I would respect it more if it was your job, but to do it for fun is pathetic and sad. There is a complete lack of sincerity in these kinds of debates and they serve no purpose. Sorry to rain on the parade, now continue flaming away...

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 5:33 PM 

This article that's been making the rounds today says it better than I could:

http://news.yahoo.com/people-arent-smart-enough-democracy-flourish-scientists-185601411.html

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re:*

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 5:58 PM 

This thread is as useless as tits on a bull. Blow it up.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login BelkoTomTom)

I think I have a new signature... Love it

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 6:38 PM 

people always assess their own performance as "above average" even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]

"Well, it ain't braggin' if it's true
Yes sir, yes sir
It ain't braggin' if it's true
Muhammad Ali said that
Back when he was a young man
Back when he was Cassius Clay
Before he fought too many fights
And left his brain inside the ring"

(Login BelkoTomTom)

Re: I think I have a new signature... Love it

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 6:41 PM 

people always assess their own performance as "above average" even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]

murf
(Login murf129)

Rush vs Others

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 7:53 PM 

(Login broncobux)

Re: Rush vs Others

No score for this post
March 5 2012, 9:53 PM 

Maher was wrong to say that about Palin.
We can admit that.

Wanna bet who has more insults towards women? I think the over under is Rush + 5000.

BringBackBoomer
(Login BringBackBoomer)

Unbelievable

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 2:45 AM 

The stupidest non-issue ever. Rush Limbaugh is a dickhead and a moron. Calling a girl a slut for fighting for the inclusion of contraception in her health insurance was beyond stupid, and pulled attention away from the real issues to bring this one front and center for the week. Moreover, Rick Sanitorum is an even bigger idiot for deciding to make this his centerpiece of conversation in the current round of debates. Are you fukkin kidding me? This is one of the frontrunners for the nomination? A guy who decides to blow up his campaign by alienating nearly every woman in the country because of his own ridiculously stupid and wrong-headed views on this issue? GOD WE NEED A THIRD PARTY! These two fukkin idiots deserve everything they are getting right now. The Republican party needs to fukkin die and be replaced by something else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there all kinds of insurance policies available to the people? Can't a person choose to obtain a policy that does/does not cover contraception, and can't insurance companies also choose to offer policies that likewise do/do not cover contraception?

Another reason the Federal government had no business getting involved with healthcare by passing universal coverage. For God's sake this was a state issue if ever there was one. State's should be allowed to decide on the type of healthcare given within their own borders, and whatever rules and laws were in place making this impossible are what should have been done away with. Competition between states. What a novel idea....Americans able to go where they want to have the type of health insurance they want. Some states have mandatory coverage, others don't, others offer this type or that type, etc. Instead we get a disaster of a federal health mandate creating vastly more problems than it helps, and as far as I'm concerned is unconstitutional for myriad reasons. And on top of that, idiot radio personalities and politicians make the situation even worse, and make themselves look like complete fukking tools....which they are.

Draw
(Login Drawon3rdand30)

Re: Unbelievable

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 5:15 AM 

"Draw, public health and well-being might be enough to pass strict scrutiny"

The issue of public health may very well be-but that is only half of the analysis for strict scrutiny. The other half is the law has to be narrowly tailored to accomplish the desired outcome. Since she could merely choose another university or job, or pay for it herself I submit any law requiring a religious organization to provide that benefit would fail the narrowly tailored prong.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who undertsand binary, and those who do not.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Unbelievable

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 6:23 AM 

The girl was portrayed as this poor college student being picked on by this evil man.
You can imagine my shock when I read the facts on who this woman was..
This was nothing more than some whack job activist wanting to create a stir and dumb azz Rush fell for it.

I can't stand to hear his voice and I don't know why people even worry about him.

As for the issue....
I have said since this topic ever became real, the government can't be trusted to do anything right and the last thing we need is the government involved in health insurance.
People still claim that this is about health care, it is not, it is about insurance.
The birth control issue is being exploited by the bible thumpers and they are showing how hypocritical they can be since the majority of society is using birth control.

You can't go around and champion your health insurance bill b/c it helps everyone afford it, then sit back and say that you are not asking people to pay for something that they don't believe in.

I don't care about birth control, but it is insane to complain about not getting it for free b/c you can't afford to purchase it.

BBFG
(Login BringBackForrest)

Bill Maher

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 10:04 AM 

Maher was wrong to say that about Palin.
We can admit that.
Wanna bet who has more insults towards women? I think the over under is Rush + 5000.

You are kidding right Bronco... Maher has done nothing but say the nastiest vilest things about women, men and anyone on the right. He believes in the right to kill unborn children., he laughs and makes movies laughing about religious beliefs. He and Michael Moore--- now I would look at the conservative folks --- Rush, Fox News, etc. and say wow I am glad I don't have those idiots on my side.

When he begins to defile and blame my beliefs in Jesus Christ as the reasons for the problems in the world, that is when I wish they would bring in the straight jacket and that bonehead to the hospital. Please------

BBFG

theydey
(Login theydey)

Re: Bill Maher

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 4:07 PM 

The way I see it, the worst of the left and right can be seen with Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh. On the left, you have Bill Maher, who just promised $1,000,000 to Obama's campaign, calling Palin and Bachmann C-nts and Rush calling Sandra a sl-t. So on the one hand, you have Bill Maher not dropping in his popularity as a result of this slurs. In fact, his fans, all 3 of them, just keep asking for more without any apology. On the other hand, you have Rush who has just lost a great deal of conservative viewers because he crossed the line in terms of bad taste and, as a result, felt compelled to give an apology.....that was unrecieved.

Of course, the sad part about all this is that such idiots take away from the main point which is that the federal government is out of control. The federal government should not be involved in the sexual lives of its citizens, nor should it be concerned with paying for it.

This message has been edited by theydey from IP address 65.60.161.26 on Mar 6, 2012 4:09 PM

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Real Reason

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 5:58 PM 

I know there's been a lot of political bickering on this board recently and I am as guilty of that as any - but we have to put our political differences aside and keep our eye on the ball. This Mike Brown has caused this town a lot of misery and is one of the reasons why this has been such a miserable sports town. Let's all stay focused on this for I consider this man the enemy. Let's keep our eye on the ball and stay united in this.

Homey
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

Re: Real Reason

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 6:17 PM 

BBear, we like to air things out during this time of the year. No harm done imho.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login BelkoTomTom)

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 7:05 PM 

When he begins to defile and blame my beliefs in Jesus Christ as the reasons for the problems in the world, that is when I wish they would bring in the straight jacket and that bonehead to the hospital. Please------

Bring back the inquisition I miss the good old days when we could torcher those pesky non believers!

(Login theydey)

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 6:57 PM 

You are right bengalbear. Mike Brown has moved off to the radar cause the seasons over.

As for myself, I guess I just come here to vent every now and then whether it be Mike Brown or otherwise. After all, there is precious little difference between the Mike Brown tragedy and the US federal government tragedy. Both have all the power and money and hold all the cards. Everyone else can just to jump off a bridge.

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 7:12 PM 

BB- do some research on this sites 10 plus years of existence. If all we did was focus on the hate we had for MFB then this board would either be slow or closed long ago. This is one big dysfunctional family and anything goes here.

To quote Murf - If you dont like the thread- dont open it.

T

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 7:13 PM 

I don't know but the more I thought about it this evening (Mike Brown) the more pissed off I got.
That man has put this town through the ringer and he should not be left off the hook. I'll do what ever I can to try to balance the books.

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

Re: *

No score for this post
March 7 2012, 9:17 AM 

Considering what Rush Limbaugh said on the subject, the right is best to STFU on this issue.

Insurance companies have been paying for contraceptives for years. It doesnt affect your freedom of religion to have to provide birth control. If that was the case, every religion would suddenly become "unable" to pay for little Johnny's cancer care because "God will heal him".

Freedome of religion my arse ~ el bronco Cochran

I've been on the campus at Georgetown and taught a medical ethics seminar to the law students. In the building I was located, nowhere did I see religious imagery except in the chapel area which is entirely appropriate. Maybe Georgetown should deck the halls so Miss Fluke will realise where she is at... This Fluke chick told Congress that she knew FULL WELL before enrolling that Georgetown was a Catholic university and would not provide a student healthcare plan that called for contraception. To this end, she pressed on, enrolled and even became president of the group "Students for Reproductive Justice". There goal? Get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. In other words, she is worse than a slut, she is a bitch with an agenda like the people she follows. She is not Joe the Plummer plucked from the streets like the media wants everyone to believe. She is hand picked by a select group of people that have an agenda. Where and who did she testify for? At a House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee chaired by Nancy Pelosi. DOH!

My son is living with his girlfriend in the DC area and he tells me that they buy contraception at Target for about $10 a month. And that is WITHOUT insurance. Miss Fluke, go here in Alexandria: 3101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
(703)706-3840. Good to know you are getting laid so much.

The issue is whether this woman should take responsibility for her actions or Georgetown should give up their religion. Any first year law student knows where the Constitution comes down on that. Christ on a Crutch.

bronco, you are another guy that thinks contraception is healthcare. Are condoms health care too? Yes, birth-control pills can be prescribed to address medical problems and Georgetown would ALLOW a prescription for birth control if it were health purposes. They have stated this publicly.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Read it and weep, Bronco & Company

No score for this post
March 7 2012, 6:14 PM 

"Insurance companies have been paying for contraceptives for years. It doesnt affect your freedom of religion to have to provide birth control. If that was the case, every religion would suddenly become "unable" to pay for little Johnny's cancer care because "God will heal him".

Freedome of religion my arse ~ el bronco Cochran

I've been on the campus at Georgetown and taught a medical ethics seminar to the law students. In the building I was located, nowhere did I see religious imagery except in the chapel area which is entirely appropriate. Maybe Georgetown should deck the halls so Miss Fluke will realise where she is at... This Fluke chick told Congress that she knew FULL WELL before enrolling that Georgetown was a Catholic university and would not provide a student healthcare plan that called for contraception. To this end, she pressed on, enrolled and even became president of the group "Students for Reproductive Justice". There goal? Get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. In other words, she is worse than a slut, she is a bitch with an agenda like the people she follows. She is not Joe the Plummer plucked from the streets like the media wants everyone to believe. She is hand picked by a select group of people that have an agenda. Where and who did she testify for? At a House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee chaired by Nancy Pelosi. DOH!

My son is living with his girlfriend in the DC area and he tells me that they buy contraception at Target for about $10 a month. And that is WITHOUT insurance. Miss Fluke, go here in Alexandria: 3101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
(703)706-3840. Good to know you are getting laid so much.

The issue is whether this woman should take responsibility for her actions or Georgetown should give up their religion. Any first year law student knows where the Constitution comes down on that. Christ on a Crutch.

bronco, you are another guy that thinks contraception is healthcare. Are condoms health care too? Yes, birth-control pills can be prescribed to address medical problems and Georgetown would ALLOW a prescription for birth control if it were health purposes. They have stated this publicly."

It needed to be repeated. I'm sensing that USC3 is a Catholic and that his religious freedoms are being trampled on here.

Furthermore, this leads to just one question for this slut/hooker/whore/b*tch:

MAY I HAVE A PIECE???

LMAO.

Funny stuff, USC--especially providing the phone number. Nice voice of friggin reason. I like it.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Bo Jackson
(Login HipLikeBo)

Sheep in so many ways

No score for this post
March 7 2012, 6:50 PM 

I wonder if my insurance covers the costs of a good psychologist. You see I hear voices and often communicate with my imaginary sky wizard who teaches me how to be an intolerant bigot. I also worship a bronze age fairy tale that I use to brainwash my children.

TWO THOUSAND AND FVCKING TWELVE PEOPLE

No wonder your overlords don't want you using birth control, in hopes that you spread your stupidity.

Sorry, drunk rant. Will most likely regret in the morning.

Mike Brown is the devil!

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Sheep in so many ways

No score for this post
March 8 2012, 8:28 AM 

I was channel surfing last night and came across the Ed Show on MSNBC...lmfao
WOW

The false outrage over Rush..give me a break.
Between this d-bag and that shemale called Madcow, I don't know who is more embarrassing.
Flat out liars.

They kept saying that Mitt was a disgrace for not denouncing Rush over his comments about this liberal whack job activist, but ignored the blatant fact that Obama ignored a reporter asking him if he denounced Bill Maher and several other extremely loud left wingers that went off on Rush refused to answer questions about them not saying a word about Maher or asking Obama to give the million dollar donation back to Maher for calling several right wing women names that don't even compare to being called a slut.

The blatant and disgusting hypocrisy is out of control.

You liberal/progressive/whack job, whatever you call yourselves today, need to relax on the talk show war cry.
Your savior taking a million dollars from one of the most vile human beings on the planet pretty much erases anything a right wing blow hard says on the radio.

Current Topic - Taxpayers must buy us rubbers!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return