<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Free Agent Frenzy

March 13 2012 at 3:58 PM
No score for this post

ItmightbeJB  (Login ItmightbeJB)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 74.215.234.122

It's day one of free agency and the pace at PBS can only be described as frightening! Sources deep inside the stadium report the motion detectors in MikeyBoy's office almost went off! Katie briefly considered making a phone call but the pay phone in her office was inoperable. "It's just as well" said Katie. "We're dangerously close to the salary cap anyway."

Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of the head coaches office, Giggles was heard bemoaning the fact that Nate Livings might jump ship. And in unrelated news, every sports authority on planet earth reports the worst possible move Mikey could make would be to re-sign Jerome Simpson. Therefore, Mikeyboy sent a handwriten memo to Hobspin (with the team's #2 pencil) ordering him to write a story about what a free agency coup that would be.

Meanwhile, Mike Zimmer was tossing back Jack Daniels shooters and sobbing uncontrollably over losing most of his defense. More on the maddening frenzy of activity as the story develops.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Flap
(Login flapjack)

Re: Free Agent Frenzy

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 6:16 PM 

And so it begins...

First visit!!!

Now batting...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/03/giants_free-agent_cornerback_a.html

It is depressing watching the Jets have success.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

Score 5.0 (1 person)
March 13 2012, 7:14 PM 

So the Bengals are interested in another teams backup CB

Par for the course

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 7:23 PM 

Also bungs reportedly have interest in Kellen Davis, the backup TE for the Bears.

Yup, a backup for a team who I can't even name their starting TE. They had one good one and shipped him to Carolina, and he was so good I can't even remember his name at the moment.

Real exciting stuff. So glad we have that $50 mill in spending money.

Aaron Ross is kind of a malcontent type it seems to me btw. I'm sure he will sign here for the money and then hate it and stop trying, like every other second-tier FA the team signs and tries to bill as a "big name" signing.

I'm sure Hobspin is just relishing the thought of telling all the sheople how "instrumental" this guy was in winning two championships.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
March 14 2012, 7:40 AM 

The actual numbers are around 30-35 million depending on what happens with the players they went after on the roster.

This free agent class is not that great after the top 5...

Ross...better than what we have on the books right now.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
March 14 2012, 10:16 AM 

Ross is garbage. He was serviceable in NY, where he was playing behind one of the best pass rushing d-lines in the league.

In Cincy, playing behind Geathers and Rucker, et. al., he will be awful and become a malcontent. Mark my words. He is not a cover corner more of a tweener and he is also a gambler in coverage, and with the types of safeties we employ (hard-hitting, slow and can't cover), he would not be a great fit.

I'm guessing they sign him by the end of the week.

flap
(Login flapjack)

No score for this post
March 14 2012, 11:33 AM 

Giant fans are pretty intelligent fans, I thing this best summes him up:

A word of thanks to departing CB Aaron Ross. Maybe he fell a little short of his 1st round expectation's, but he was one of only 15 players to play for both SB teams and was always a sure tackler. With 5,000 yard seasons for QB's becoming more common (and I think we played all of them in 2011) Ross is not the only CB in the NFL who gets burned here and there.

It is depressing watching the Jets have success.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login broncobux)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
March 14 2012, 12:06 PM 

LaRon Landry?

Why not?

Oh yeah, because the hole wont do it.

"Insert witty quotation here"

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 12:02 PM 

According to ProFootballTalk Murf the Bengals have close to $50 million in cap space:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/cowboys-snatch-nate-livings-from-bengals/

Where did you get your $30-35 million number? Was that what Mike Brown told you, lol.

Either way it doesn't matter, they clearly don't plan on spending anywhere near that amount. And yes, Nate Livings is gone too.

After a surprisingly decent year looks like the Bungs decided to go into rebuilding mode again, haha. Sounds about right.

AMM
(Login antimikemike)

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 2:43 PM 

The Bengals entered free agency with nearly $50 million in cap space. They havent spent much, if any, on other teams players. Or on their own. The Cowboys, despite having at least $5 million in cap space stripped by the league on Monday, have signed Cincinnati guard Nate Livings to a five-year deal, according to
--PFT

This is a joke.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return