<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Happy to be a Cincinnati Fan

April 11 2012 at 6:03 AM
No score for this post

murf  (Login murf129)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 74.215.132.32

I played ball for a very long time and I switched from short to second and learned to love and appreciate the position.
Hitting a homerun was a thrill, but taking away a shot up the middle was exciting, but when you learn to turn it and that becomes your nitch, there is nothing better on a ball field.
I love watching Brandon Phillips play second base.
He makes some of the most jaw droping plays that I have ever seen in my life and he does it all of the time.
Great job from the Reds ownership group.

Scotty Rolen was the best freeagent pick up I have seen.
He is not as great as he was back in the day, but his professionalism and his approach to the game is more important than his skill set at this point and time and his skills are still pretty solid.
When you add a Rolen to a young team that has talent at most spots and they just need an example to follow, you are creating something that will pay off not only in the short term, but in the long term.

Phillips/Votto/Bruce/Cozart/Fraizer/Heisey/Messeraco/Stubbs is a great line up to run out there against any team in baseball.
Now if we can just get Dusty to understand that Fraizer belongs up here and they stay healthy, this team should be there at the end of the season.

After watching the Bearcats go from a top level team to sucking azz.
After watching the Bengals period.
After watching Xavier lose coach after coach.
After watching the Reds make mistake after mistake...

IT IS NICE TO BE PROUD OF A CINCINNATI TEAM AGAIN!

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
April 11 2012, 7:48 AM 

"After watching the Bearcats go from a top level team to sucking azz"

UC sucking azz? They made the tournament 2 years in a row and got to the sweet 16 this year after a devasting stretch where Zimpher fired Huggins and the program was in shambles. Also in football UC won the Liberty this year and was in the Orange and Sugar Bowls recently. UC's performance in these areas beats anything this town has had in some time.

As far as the Reds, I hope Castellini didn't break the bank in signing these 2 players - it takes 25 players to win as a team and am not totally convinced Baker is the guy to lead the team to the World Series. They have some serious problems in starting pitching, Rolens is old, Phillips has an injury (hamstring) and the new shortstop is unproven in hitting (the other clubs don't have a book on him yet). True the nucleus is there but they still lack some pieces and it might not happen this year.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
April 11 2012, 10:59 AM 

The Bearcats playing in a 3rd tier scrimmage game does nothing for me.
When it comes to college football, there is only 1 bowl game that matters and the pencil dichs pretty much set that stage by bias rankings.

Bearcats basketball..
The past 2 years have been pretty good....and with Yancy gone, I believe it will get better.

Pitching is going to be fine.
People have to remember that Bailey and Chapman are both very young.
Randy Johnson did not become Randy Johnson over night.
Bailey is not going to be a major star, but if he can give you some quality outings over the season, I will take that.
Nobody has five all stars in the rotation.

Willy Harris 0-8 on the season.
Why the fuch is that clown on the roster and Fraizer is sitting in the minors?
Answer...Dusty is a moron.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 11 2012, 1:38 PM 

Due to the very lean years this town has had in sports recently I'll take UC's performance any day in football. As far as Willy Harris it appears he is 3rd on the depth chart as a 2nd baseman and is a journeyman player. If he doesn't pick it up Jocketty will send him back down. We will see about the starting pitching - time will tell. Cincinnati has never been known for strong starting pitching even in their glory years.

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
April 11 2012, 1:40 PM 

Willy is black and Frazier is white...?

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
April 12 2012, 8:24 AM 

or
Willy has sucked for years and Fraizer is a young talent that lead the team in batting in Spring Training.

Either way you want to look at it.

I prefer to stick with the players that will help the team win..
Valdez is better than Harris and there is no reason to have Harris on this roster.
He adds nothing to this team.

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
April 12 2012, 1:32 PM 

Then you don't understand baseball...... (sound familiar)

Frazier is a young talent....but where are you going to play him? You want your young talent to sit on the bench and pinch hit? No....you want him at AAA where he plays everyday and develops. Willie is a pinch hitter and nothing more....your not going to get a joey votto type to ride the pine as your PH. Welcome to the NL.

Btw....Frazier was optioned to AAA to make room for Alfredo Simon who just blew the game for the Reds today with WP.

T

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
April 12 2012, 2:45 PM 

Rolen has sat 2 games already, instead of Harris or Cairo, who I appreciate, Fraizer should be up here.
He can hit AAA pitching, so what is the purpose?

Harris is garbage..bottom line.
Simon sucks..will never understand that move.

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
April 12 2012, 5:43 PM 

If haisey continues to suck like I expect him.....lthen he may get a call up

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

Yeah he is terrble

No score for this post
April 13 2012, 10:55 AM 

Heisey is big time trade bait. I've heard Mets want him. Send some pitching.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 15 2012, 1:37 PM 

"After watching the Reds make mistake after mistake... "

Looks like that trend is continuing. Spending $1/3 Bill for 2 players - even though Votto is a good player to spend a king's ransom on a 1st baseman? That money could have been better used in other areas for it now looks like we have a 4th place team at this point.

(Login broncobux)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
April 15 2012, 3:27 PM 

It is only April, rignt?

The sky is falling. LOL

"Insert witty quotation here"

Homer
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

Re: Happy to be a Cincinnati Fan

No score for this post
April 15 2012, 4:15 PM 

Good pitching beats good hitting.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Happy to be a Cincinnati Fan

No score for this post
April 16 2012, 5:52 AM 

The reds are fine, it is early.
I would still love to see Dusty hit the door and take Harris with him.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 16 2012, 7:51 AM 

You might get your wish about Baker. If this team bombs fur will fly and Baker will be gone. The bullpen is already tired from all those extra inning games and injuries are also piling up. If this thing snowballs and the bullpen is gone by June a firesale might happen earlier than you think. This season might get late early.

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
April 16 2012, 2:32 PM 

If the Reds are not contending by the end of May...Baker will be canned. I am not sold that Castilini is sold on Baker but he wants to at least save face and say he gave him every opportunity to win. bob is not going to let Baker ruin his investment either and may fire him sooner rather than later.

I am not a fan of Baker.....but then again I have not liked any Reds managers since Davey Johnson

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
April 17 2012, 5:54 AM 

I am not a fan of Baker.....but then again I have not liked any Reds managers since Davey Johnson
~~~~~~~~~~~

Agree!

I had a friend tell me that Bell at AAA is ready.
I have no idea why, but that seems to be the whispers.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 17 2012, 9:36 AM 

It's now looking more and more that Baker is the Red's equivalent of Lewis. Been here for some times with 0 playoff wins. This is what I (and Tracy Jones) mean that pro sports wise (with the exception of the Cyclones - a minor league team) that Cincinnati is a losers town. Why that is is up to speculation but it is what it is. What's sad is that many people wern't born yet when this town last had a championship team - the 1990 Reds.

This message has been edited by bengalbear from IP address 65.27.233.7 on Apr 17, 2012 9:39 AM

Current Topic - Happy to be a Cincinnati Fan
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return