<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

How About Them Reds!

May 23 2012 at 7:09 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)

bengalbear  (Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 65.27.233.7

Change of pace from all these political discussions. Certainly looks like the teams coming together now and a pleasant surprise at that. That play Phillips made at 2nd earlier in the game should make a highlight reel. Let's hope they keep it rolling esp. after winning that series against the Yanks on the road.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: How About Them Reds!

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 8:02 PM 

There's plenty to be optimistic about right now. Votto and Bruce haven't even kicked it into gear yet and they are only 1/2 game out even though the team is only batting .190 with two outs and RISP. It looks like the crowds are coming back too. Makes me anxious to finish my rehab on this broken hip so I can go to a game. happy.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Synonymous Bengal
(no login)

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 8:34 PM 

Damn straight!

Phillips and Latos coming around. Chapman has potential to be the next dominant closer in this league, unless they think he can be the next dominant starter! Arroyo has bounced back from mono too and been a solid #3 guy.

I feel like we will definitely be right there by the end of the season, and maybe comfortably in first. I just hope we can manufacture some runs against good pitching, it's been our achilles in the Dusty-era, despite having Votto.

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

Win and Dusty will keep his job...

No score for this post
May 23 2012, 8:57 PM 

Bruce very hot and then very cold. Weird how the guy is so streaky. You can't sit this guy though. You just gotta go with the flow.

Bullpen is unfriggnbelievable. Whoever is responsible for signing Arredondo when he was injured (picked up from LA Angels)...just a great gamble that is paying off now. Chapman, lights out, especially to young dudes that never have seen him. Marshal is a one trick pony and I hope he has not been promised the closer role. HE IS NOT A CLOSER! Ondrusek doing a nice job as well. Mop-up guys don't get a lot of love from anyone but you gotta love this guy LeCure. He accepts his role and looks like a veteran out there even though he has logged very few MLB innings relatively speaking.

Love this Cozart kid. Wow, BA is nothing special but I'll give him time on this front and he can field with a shotgun of an arm. Votto-Phillips, shoe-in All Stars if anyone is paying attention. Any team would kill to have one of these guys on their team. Phillips is so fun to watch. I salute the Reds for putting their money down on this guy. He is worth it in my eyes. As usual, let's cut down on the K's Stubbs. Frazier can step up and make it an easier decision for Rolen to retire, Ludwick needs to be drop kicked and Heisey needs to be put in full time in LF. Very underated is our catcher, Hanigan. Mesoraco can learn a lot from this guy.

How can anyone not be happy right now? Yeah, Reds are trailing Cards in standings but if you look at the schedule they have played an easy schedule. The good teams will beat them down like red-headed step children.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: Win and Dusty will keep his job...

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 5:55 AM 

I think Jay Bruce's problems are mainly above his shoulders. Maybe he should see a hypnotist. BUT, he's also pulling his shoulder open when he swings which causes his head to follow. Damn shame he seems unwilling or unable to work on that and his hitting coach Brook Jacoby seems to not even care. There are simple ways to cure that particular bad habit during batting practice.

murf
(Login murf129)

Re: Win and Dusty will keep his job...

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 8:29 AM 

Watching this team is fun.
Between watching Votto approach the game the way you should, taking every pitch as a professional to watching Phillips play defense is awesome.

Chapman is another reason to turn on the tv or go to a game.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 9:34 AM 

"if you look at the schedule they have played an easy schedule. The good teams will beat them down like red-headed step children. "

Easy schedule? The Yanks and Braves easy? True they may have some weaknesses in starting pitching and other areas but they are ahead of where I thought they would be.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login broncobux)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 10:51 AM 

After a few years, has Dusty finally figured out the lineup?

OMG.

Sky is the limit with these guys. Just a solid batting lineup. Great team.

"Insert witty quotation here"

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 12:33 PM 

Dusty had no choice...
the fans were going ape sh!t over Dusty keeping Harris.

Dusty still tires to tinker too much.
Replacing Fraizer with Valdez in the 9nth is his new gig.
Why on earth he believes Valdez is a better player is yet to be figured out.

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 12:33 PM 

Figured out the line up my arse. It's all pitching baby!!

Essentilly, the Reds have just come off one of the worst streaks of hitting I have witnessed, and are still in the hunt. If the offense ever comes around then its lights out.

I went to the game on Saturday against the Nationals. Even though the Reds lost it was a playoff atmosphere and I got to see Chapman pitch. I know they want him to start but I think he is better as a closer. With an 0.00 ERA it's hard to say that there are any better out there than Chapman as a closer.

uscthree
(Login uscthree)

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 5:34 PM 

My bad bengalbear. I was not clear. I was talking about the Cardinals schedule. They have played the Braves, Dodgers and Reds as far as quality. Make no mistake about it, I am a Reds fan.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 6:45 PM 

4 game sweep over the Braves - a quality team.

Homey
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:10 PM 

Time to start looking forward to fall and the Bucks playing. These guys svck. Started winning a few games then they lose two series to pittsburgh in a week. Votto great, Phillips good, after that, they got nothing.

The Swamp Rat
(Login deweywarren)

Dusty is an idiot

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:03 PM 

...and the Reds won't be going anywhere until he's gone.

Also, we could have had McKutcheon a couple of years ago, and we didn't even make an offer...

This message has been edited by deweywarren from IP address 71.194.34.190 on Jun 7, 2012 8:09 PM

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:31 PM 

We've got one good starter, another pretty good starter, a good bullpen (but that might break down if we don't get more production out of the other starters), two pretty good hitters, two above average hitters - but the other hitters not so good, a pretty good defensive team - they'll be in the hunt but might run into problems in late July and Aug. That time period separates the men from the boys.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 9:21 PM 

As far as the fall - let's not go there. Let's enjoy what we have here now, at least for now the team's in the hunt. I can't even think about agonizing over another season with the Bungs yet.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 8:12 AM 

Dusty lost the game last night.
It is hard for a manager to lose a baseball game but Dusty finds way.

2 times the game situation dictated a bunt.
2 times, he sat there playing with this tooth pick.

Then to top it all off, he was pumping up Willie Harris again.

This team is as good as anyone in baseball.
Just hoping Dusty is not a problem down the stretch.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 10:50 AM 

If the Reds bomb down the stretch and finish as bad or worse than last year than Baker's gone. Jocketty won't put up with it.

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 3:01 PM 

Dusty did not lose that game. In the 10th, in that situation, you DO NOT BUNT! If you bunt, the best scenario you have is runners on first and third with one out (they would walk Bruce). The infield is now in double play depth and a hit would most likely have scored Votto from second anyway. Giving up the out just gives you one less chance to score the run.

I'm all for playing some small ball, and if this were a high school game I'd be more likely to bunt the runner to third because of the possibility of a passed ball or wild pitch, but not in the MLB where hitters are supposed to be able to hit behind the runner anyway.

T
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 7:22 PM 

Agreeing w Murf....dusty is costing this team some games. Horrible dcn making

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return