<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

State of the Bengals 2012

June 12 2012 at 5:42 PM
No score for this post

Storm  (Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator
from IP address 208.102.97.227

They seem to be doing some things right, hired and ex head coach in Hue Jackson, retained Zimmer, have what appears to the real deal in Dalton and a superstar wr in Green.....

However I refuse to buy into it until they prove over time that things have indeed changed, until then I expect a meltdown and more of the same stuff we have learned to expect from the Mike Brown Bengals

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: State of the Bengals 2012

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 8:17 PM 

All it takes is one season ending injury. But aside from Dalton, Green or maybe Whitworth this team is deeper this year and better able to survive one of their starters going to IR.

But I've gotten overly optimistic before only to come crashing back to reality with a thud. Believe it when we see it. happy.gif

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: State of the Bengals 2012

No score for this post
June 12 2012, 8:55 PM 

I really don't see how asking for a single playoff victory before putting any faith in the team whatsoever is asking too much.

After what the brownHole has put us through, it's the least you could ask for. Even some mediocre teams occasionally luck into a playoff victory, look at Denver just last year.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Worst owner in the history of any league

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 12:46 AM 

"After what the brownHole has put us through, it's the least you could ask for. Even some mediocre teams occasionally luck into a playoff victory, look at Denver just last year."

I will bet that this owner will die before seeing ONE playoff win. It's not too much of a stretch--since he's older than dirt and still living in the past.

And that's called pathetic--and I think that's being nice.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 9:47 AM 

Not even one? Doesn't a blind squirrel find an acorn once in a while?

TOBB
(Login Bengal_Boy)

Roster

No score for this post
June 13 2012, 5:27 PM 

I'm liking the roster. For sure. Not sure about backup QB and ML, but Zim and Gruden are pretty high shelf. This could be good. Or it could be disatrous. Injurues injuries injuries...

Mikey is cleverer than you think.

This message has been edited by Bengal_Boy from IP address 67.142.162.25 on Jun 13, 2012 5:29 PM

dacow
(Login dacow)

Postivies....

No score for this post
June 15 2012, 8:16 AM 

for sure there are positives. Negatives? I like the Dline, but after that, meh. Linebackers and secondary are very questionable. Losing J Joe was the hole at his finest. Its just another brick in the wall of futility that is Mikehole. Stuff like that matters.

Oline should be better and the offense having a full offseason and no longer a rookie QB and first year coordinator should make strides.

Fukk Mike Brown.

(Login broncobux)

Re: Postivies....

No score for this post
June 17 2012, 2:17 PM 

I like the D-line and the depth at DB. Zimmer has plenty of tools this year.

It would be nice to see some PLAYMAKING out of the linebackers this year. Return a INT for TD. Make a sack in an important game (Pitt or Balt).

Dalton - Ok with it. Solid player.
Green - He. Is. Awesome.
Gresham - He hasnt lived up to first round draft status, but lets see.
WR #2 - Who the fukk is it?

RB - It appears that it will be by committee. Whatever. Just dont fumble and get first downs.

O-line? - Might be the best O-line we have had in the last 12 years. Scary. There is real talent there now. Somebody pinch me.
We do need some depth here. I still laugh whenever Slobson talks about Otis Hudson. LOL. The kid NO OTHER TEAM WANTED and we wasted a 5th rounder on him.

Punter? Solid.

Kicker? Solid.

Barring injury, these guys "should" compete for the Division this year.

This message has been edited by broncobux from IP address 24.234.30.172 on Jun 17, 2012 3:02 PM

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
June 17 2012, 2:31 PM 

The RB position could be a real problem - how are they going to get the tough 3rd and short yards and short yards in the red zone?

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
June 18 2012, 5:26 AM 

I would say that it all comes down to Andy Dalton this season. Young QBs tend to have either a sophomore or junior slump as that is usually when the coaching staff opens up the playbook a bit. Last season was a very typical solid rookie QB season...the playbook was very simple. With Ced Ben gone and the running game being a question mark, there is almost no question that they will throw more this season which also means a more complicated passing playbook.

Their early schedule is on paper easy, so they have to get off to a good start before the second half when they play Pit/Bal/SD/NFC East.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
June 18 2012, 10:22 AM 

I predict Dalton will hit the proverbial wall, his college coaching will be wearing off and the rest of the league will be waiting on Dalton to force balls into Green, it will be a long season but "wait til next year"

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
June 18 2012, 11:45 AM 

What scares me is that all the pundits and sports writers around here are fawning over this team as if the league should just mail them their AFC trophy. I remember the same situation taking place in Philadelphia last year. I also remember the results. I sure hope the Bengals don't read the newspapers.

(Login amitylane)

No score for this post
June 19 2012, 10:16 PM 

Eh, i don't think losing Butterfingers Benson is going to be that big of a deal. Bernard Scott showed a bit of potential last season...well, at least he doesn't fumble as much. We picked up Green-Ellis too, and I wouldn't mind seeing him as the primary RB simply because he knows how to hold onto the damn ball. The stupid short-game turnovers killed us last year.

As for the playbook...anticipate tons of "lob it deep to Green and hope he pulls of some crazy acrobatics to be replayed on Sportscenter" plays. Sadly, this'll probably mean injury to Green as the combination of youthful belief in invulnerability meets immense natural talent meets forced need to carry the team.

Dalton worries me. I love the kid, but rookie QBs that have a pretty good/easy time of it the first season tend to fall off. I think it'd have been better for him to struggle in his first season so that he feels like he's got something to prove. It's especially tough because he hasn't had the benefit of a Kitna-esque vet to mentor him through it. If he has even the slightest bit of ego as a result of his somewhat OK first season, I'm afraid it's all over.

As a side note, anyone heard any word regarding Shipley? That kid had all kinds of promise as a secondary receiver, but ACL/MCL tears can be "game over" for WRs.

Current Topic - State of the Bengals 2012
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return