<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

High Park Fire

June 23 2012 at 6:37 AM
No score for this post

TOBB  (Login Bengal_Boy)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 67.142.162.24

Well guys it may be evacuation day today. As some of you know, the High Park Fire has been raging in the Colorado Rockies. This fire has been going for 2 weeks, burned 70K+ acres, 200 homes, and had 2000 people evacuated. Looks like we are next: It is 1.6 miles from my ranch. (Linear miles. There are staggering altitude changes and tough terrain in between.)

This fire is due to the dead "beetle-kill" trees which used to be the mighty Aspens and Pines. If you want to see them, you better get to Colorado because they will all be gone within 5 years. These beetles only die if the temperature gets below freezing for 2 straight weeks. That hasn't happened for 15 years.

This fire was started by lightning. Our Governor, a Democrat, with the world watching this (seriously, you have never seen air quality problems like this, I guarantee it) environmental debacle, comes to his press conference and says? Statewide ban on fireworks.

This is why, being LIBERAL, I hate the Democratic Party. He could have said, "Do you want to see climate change? Do you want to see the effect of ignoring this and acting like it isn't happening?" Nope. "Don't use fireworks."

Anyway, they will probably try to evac us today. We are not leaving. We have been preparing since it started and don't think our buildings or vehicles will be in any danger. Our 36 acres may be a huge grassfire, but if all else fails we will retreat to the 120 acre lake. Gonna be an interesting weekend.

Mikey is cleverer than you think.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: High Park Fire

Score 5.0 (1 person)
June 23 2012, 7:00 AM 

I hope you and your family stay safe.... and any animals you have.

(Login takinitintherear)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
June 23 2012, 8:26 AM 

Good luck....we are all counting on you.

(Login psychostats)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
June 23 2012, 9:08 AM 

Wow. Sorry to hear about your situation, TOBB. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to evacuate.

Good luck and stay safe!

Is this you?

http://director.denverpost.com/p.php?a=JSQjNSI4VFttbWNdY2VzYF1sf3VsVFUyNChDUUU%2BMC0mPjgjOicmMDonMj89NCczJiM3JT46LjcqOS03PjIl&m=1339718548

TOBB
(Login Bengal_Boy)

No

No score for this post
June 23 2012, 9:27 AM 

No psycho we are not exposed like that. We have about 1 mile of pasture/grassland between us and the last ridge of the foothills (or first, if you wish). Behind us, 100 yds from my door is the beach to our private lake. We have been watering for 2 weeks for this possibility and I can't see our lawn burning. Plus grassfire won't have the heavy flaming debris which is the cause of most of the houses burning. AND, the fire dept can access us for the foam and so forth; not like the house in the pic.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

Re: No

No score for this post
June 23 2012, 9:41 AM 

Damn, sorry to hear about that, my wife just got back from Fort Collins last night, she was saying she could see the smoke and flames from her hotel room

Stay Safe TOBB

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: No

No score for this post
June 23 2012, 9:46 PM 

Damn TOBB. Sorry to hear that.

Be safe and evacuate if necessary your house isn't worth your life!

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
June 27 2012, 9:28 PM 

Let us know how you're doing, TOBB.

TOBB
(Login Bengal_Boy)

Eh

No score for this post
June 28 2012, 8:52 PM 

Well the threat has pretty well been neutralized near my house due to some fortunate weather. So we are all good, but my brothers-in-law, my parents-in-law, and the Air Force Academy? Yeeikes. We are about 3 hours from the Springs which is where they are. So we may end up with RVs full of family here before long. Whch is fine. We're all fine now
Your concern is most appreciated psycho.

(On an unrelated note, my daughter (23) has been given the covert nickname of "mutant" for years of which she is unaware. Her boyfriend is covertly "psycho". Their baby due in august? "Psycho-mutant.")

(Login psychostats)

Re: Eh

No score for this post
June 29 2012, 6:07 PM 

Good to hear, TOBB.

I was hoping we wouldn't get a reply that said, "Unfortunately, the house burned down, and here I am posting from the local library which is right next door to the homeless shelter..." Or something to that effect.

Let me congratulate you on your choice of son-in-laws, BTW. Sounds like you're in store for some nice quiet get-togethers when your daughter brings the family over. LOL.

TOBB
(Login Bengal_Boy)

Library

No score for this post
June 30 2012, 7:59 AM 

I had the same vision of me at the lone Starbucks out on the highway, the only unburned structure for miles, MBSing.

(Login takinitintherear)

Re: Library

No score for this post
June 30 2012, 9:48 AM 

Glad to hear you are safe

T

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
July 4 2012, 3:27 PM 

These are pictures of the fire near Colorado Springs. Much worse than I imagined.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2012/06/27/colorado-wildfires-waldo-canyon-fire-colorado-springs/5732/

(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
July 4 2012, 7:49 PM 

thanks JB.....I shared with my kids tonight.... very scary and sad...I pray for all those affected by this devastation

Current Topic - High Park Fire
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return