<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Bad news for Murf.

July 31 2012 at 1:57 PM
No score for this post

BrownAssClown  (Login BrownBiatch)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 74.83.216.12

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-gets-extension/40554887-dbf8-45bb-ac3b-9409cea382a0

Lewis gets extension

Geoff Hobslob Editor Bengals.com

With the Bengals signing him to another contract extension Tuesday, head coach Marvin Lewis has gone from lame duck to incumbent with last year's playoff berth produced by the AFC's youngest postseason team turning out to be the referendum.

Lewis, 53, had agreed to what was believed to be a two-year deal following a 4-12 season in 2010. But after watching him direct a team with four Pro Bowlers under the age of 25 to a 9-7 record, Bengals president Mike Brown had apparently seen enough to continue the longest coaching tenure in Bengals history with a deal through 2014.

The core of Brown's philosophy is continuity and stability on the coaching staff and at quarterback. Since rookie quarterback Andy Dalton threw two Pro Bowl touchdown passes back in January, Brown has locked up his head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator beyond this season.

"Mike and I are extremely comfortable working together," Lewis said at his regularly scheduled noon news conference on Tuesday, where news suddenly broke out with Lewis's fifth extension. "We can go in and discuss every morning what's going on and come to a conclusion. And both know the conclusion and feel good about it. There was a lot of confidence gained last year in what we were doing. Both sides.

"There's nobody in Cincinnati that wants to win more than the man upstairs. And that's my job to get him there and that's what I'm committed to doing."

Lewis passed Bengals founder Paul Brown and Sam Wyche last season in his ninth year and assuming he's here through at least 2013, he'll become the 15th head coach since the 1970 NFL merger to be with one team for at least 11 seasons, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Two of those men are still serving as Andy Reid heads into his 14th season in Philadelphia and Bill Belichick starts his 13th in New England.

"Coming off a playoff finish last year, with a solid coaching staff and good young players, continuity at the top gives us our best chance to do well, Bengals president Mike Brown said in a press release. We are excited about the teams prospects and happy to have completed this process with Marvin before the 2012 preseason schedule begins.

When the Bengals secured a Wild Card berth back in January behind the record-setting rookie combination of Dalton and wide receiver A.J. Green, Lewis joined Paul Brown as the only Bengals coaches with three playoff appearances. He's seeking to pass Brown and Wyche with a third division title.

At 69-77-1, Lewis would be the only coach in the 11-year club with a sub-.500 record. Lewis is third on the list for most regular-season games coached without a playoff win (144) behind Jim Mora (231) and Norm Van Brocklin (173), and he talked about how that elusive victory bothers him at last February's NFL scouting combine.

"Frankly, that's where I'm disappointed. I haven't got us to the championship game," Lewis said then. "We haven't won a playoff game. We've won the division twice, but haven't won a playoff game. I was hoping we could get beyond that this year."

On Tuesday, Lewis said that more than people know, Brown takes a lot of the responsibility when things don't go right.

"Mike's more patient than me," Lewis said.

Asked if he'd still be the coach here if he was the owner, Lewis smiled and indicated probably not.

Lewis brought NFL respectability and an AFC North mindset to a franchise just off its worst season ever at 2-14 in 2002. Lewis, who coached in Super Bowls for the Steelers and Ravens, was named NFL Coach of the Year in 2009 for Cincinnati's sweep of the division. His 28-26 record in the North comes after a nine-year stretch the Bengals were 24-60 in the old AFC Central before getting swept in '02 in the first year of the AFC North.

"Obviously we've gotten better since I first walked in this room in January of 2003," Lewis said. "There's been an evolotion and I think everybody who walks out on that prctice field, talking about visiting coaches, that's what they talk about that. This is a very good looking football team, It's big, it's fast...It's something the organization ought to be very, very proud of. We've converted into what an NFL teams looks like in size and girth and speed and length."

The 2012 finale at Paul Brown Stadium against Lewis's old team the Ravens is going to be his 160th regular-season game, passing Dennis Green for the longest tenure by an African-American head coach at one club.

"It's gratifying, obviously to have that opportunity to be in place here now for 12 seasons. But at the end of the line there is one thing that hangs over your head and you've got to do that and that's to win a championship," Lewis said. "That's why we coach. That's why we do this. That's the nugget you keep striving for all the time.

"There are a lot of positives that go along the way, there's highs and lows, it's all positive. But that is the thing that keeps driving you. I am very pleased and flattered to be able to do it. We love being here and living here, we have obviously built a fine, fine thing, the (Marvin Lewis) Community Fund continues to flourish and the things the staff does over there. I get too much credit for all the great work they do, we are very pleased with that as well."

NFL HEAD COACHES FOR AT LEAST 11 SEASONS WITH SAME TEAM (Since 1970 merger)

» 26 - Don Shula, Miami, 1970-95

» 22 - Chuck Noll, Pittsburgh, 1969-91

» 19 - Tom Landry, Dallas, 1970-88

» 17 - Jeff Fisher, Tennessee, 1994-2010

» 16 - Joe Gibbs, Washington, 1981-92, 2004-07

» 15 - Bud Grant, Minnesota, 1970-83, 85

» 15 - Bill Cowher, Pittsburgh, 1992-2006

» 14 - Mike Shanahan, Denver, 1995-2008

» 14 - Andy Reid Philadelphia, 1999-present

» 13 - Bill Belichick, New England, 2000-present

» 12 - Marv Levy, Buffalo, 1986-97

» 12 - Dan Reeves, Denver, 1981-92

» 11 - Mike Ditka, Chicago, 1982-92

» 11 - Jim Mora New Orleans, 1986-96

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: Bad news for Murf.

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 2:11 PM 

Yes everyone, beam with pride! At least the Bungles now "look like an NFL team."

Boy, the heart just swells with admiration doesn't it?

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Have to give Mike Brown credit

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 2:19 PM 

Wow--stability!!!!

JUST THE WRONG KIND OF STABILITY.

Most NFL Coaches would be on the Warm-to-Hot Seat for going 9-7 in their last season.

Not Marvin.

Only in BungleTown would you get an extension for a mediocre season. Sure--they made the playoffs--barely. They backed in then got ousted like they should have.

Unbelievable.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 2:37 PM 

Now were beginning to see where this town doesn't have a winning culture. It starts with the owners - but at least for now the Reds may be turning the corner. A breath of fresh air there.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 3:08 PM 

I was told this deal was going to happen last year...
Zimmer and Gruden getting more power to control things is the only hope.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 4:09 PM 

I think what was going on was Marv was tap dancing to see how Gruden would work out with the short preseason and a new offense. If all goes well during the preseason and it looks like the players are grasping the still new offense Marv might relax his hold.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 6:52 PM 

How many coaches have gotten an extension after 10 years and ZERO playoff wins?

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 8:06 PM 

[linked image]

Mike Brown:

Continuity is what matters most, right Marvin?

It's always good to be patient, right Marvin?

0.469 is a great winning rate, right Marvin?

We don't need no stinkin' playoff victories, right Marvin?

How could I not grant you a big fat contract extension?

Marvin Lewis:

Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee ...

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

Score 4.0 (1 person)
August 1 2012, 3:28 AM 

I like it. Ive been and will continue to be a Marvin supporter. He has taken a laughing stock franchise and made them competitive. I know theres better coaches but Im also am a realist and know none would work for Mike Brown. The people on this board who believe Mike Brown could replace Marvin with a better coach is living in a fantasy. Wont happen, and history is the proof.

I am actually looking forward to this season, as well as others on this board. Other coaches under Mike Brown I never looked forward to a season ever.

Too the Marvin haters, what was your most enjoyable season since Mike
Brown took control of the Bengals?

Mine The 05' Marvin lewis team.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 4:05 AM 

My fav season was 2010 when the dumbazzes signed TO and thought everything was going to be great and as soon as TO realized all the things he heard were true he started throwing coaches under the bus.

Sorry Fulcher but I don't accept the notion that having a poor coach is OK because no one better will come, Marvin stinks and the NFL said it loud and clear when his contract was up and there were 6 vacancies and no one called

In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 9:02 AM 

"The people on this board who believe Mike Brown could replace Marvin with a better coach is living in a fantasy. Wont happen, and history is the proof."

If the brownHole completely changed the way he ran the organization and put the focus squarely on winning, then sure, it would be possible to get a better coach.

If he doesn't, then it ultimately won't matter who is the coach. Having Lewis go 8-8 with the occasional 9-7 mark that gets his team bounced from the playoffs in the first round is really no better to me than 4-12. Either way they aren't really competing for anything meaningful.

At first I was kind of disappointed that everyone is all over the brownHole's jock this year and all excited about the season, as it seems most bungle fans have totally and completely disregarded how big of a benefit the easiest schedule in a decade was in last year's barely above .500 season.

Now I'm kind of looking forward to them being embarrassed and exposed as the idiots they are as they re-discover all over again how pathetic this entire organization really is from top to bottom. Have fun with that, I'll be the guy laughing his arse off at you after every loss (and I expect there to be around 10 of them).

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 9:22 AM 

It ultimately comes back to the fans - the ones who buy the tickets. If they are happy with things the way they are and don't complain and continue to buy tickets than things will remain the same. In most other cities this (mediocre performance) would not work.

Homey
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 9:23 AM 

"Now I'm kind of looking forward to them being embarrassed and exposed as the idiots they are as they re-discover all over again how pathetic this entire organization really is from top to bottom."

The bar is set pretty high (or low however you want to look at it) for the Bungs to be embarrassed. 4-12 is not embarrassing, especially if some losses were close. They saw three playoff appearances in seven years, they can coast on that for a while.

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 9:53 AM 

I know there's better coaches but I'm also am a realist and know none would work for Mike Brown.

That's sort of how I've resigned myself to this. It's not "oh, I'm real happy the Bengals signed an extension for Marvin Lewis." And it's not "I'm sad that the Bengals signed him to extension."

Instead, it's "I'm sad that re-signing Marvin Lewis is genuinely the best that this owner can give me."

I don't see them going any better than 7-9, FWIW. But a couple of teams take a couple of weeks off and hey, who knows? Maybe they get to be that soft sixth seed team that Mikey loves so much.

BMN

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 1:14 PM 

I'll reserve judgment until the opening MNF game at Baltimore. I expect them to get embarrassed on national t.v. I remember all the pre-season talk that came out of Philadelphia a year or two ago. They even used the word "dynasty." Now, Riley Reiff up in Minnesota is running his mouth about superbowls. He's even got some teammates sounding off. This is almost a guaranteed karma krash.

So now, when I hear Hobspin, Joe Reedy, Lance McCallister, etal. puffing up this Bengals team I want to cringe. Someone needs to shut these loons up now!

....toss me that thar vomit bag.

btw Psycho? I discovered a new vomitorium. It's at Put in Bay on Lake Erie. I also discovered that ice cold pints of Guiness make me think I'm not talking loud enough. ugh.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 2:59 PM 

I still contend that three playoff appearances in 11 years and a winning percentage of over .460 under the ownership of MB is the equivalent of Vince Lombardi winning Superbowls with the 60s Packers. Both are solid coaching jobs.

As much as I would like to see things go back to the Dave Shula/Dave Klingler era just so that Mikey could go back to being laughing stock, I appreciate that Marvin actually makes the Bungs look like an NFL franchise, even with their subpar roster.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 3:02 PM 

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 4:01 PM 

Only in cinci can the fan base accept a coach like Marvin.
Seriously....

The Steelers took a young special teams coach....then replaced a great coach with another young coach....
how rings later?

Don't give me this sh!t about nobody better coming here.
There are only 32 jobs like this in the world and a ton of young talented coaches that understands modern day football.

Marvin has had talented teams...and has been too scared to WIN football games.
I lost respect for Marvin when they beat the Bears at home.

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 5:57 PM 

I am a Bengals fan and a realist and realize that the problem is not the players or the coach but one Mike Brown.

I also realize that Mike Brown under any circumstance will be here for a long time.

I also realize that the next head coach he hires will be a bum willing to work for food stamps. I Personally dont want to see this team step backwards and fall off the cliff as it was pre Marvin. Those years were misserable and everyone new the season was lost before it began year after year.

At least under Marvin I get to root for an NFL team. Can't say that for the next Brown lacky.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 5:41 AM 

Marvin has had talented teams...and has been too scared to WIN football games.

Mikey/murfy, that's BS and you know it.

All that one has to point to is the Bengals record under Mikey Brown before Marvin and since. Marvin has done a few INCREDIBLE coaching jobs, namely 2004, 2005, 2009, and 2011. His only bad coaching job honestly was 2006. I know some of you like to nitpick individual games, but this guy has beaten the Steelers and Ravens on a number of occasions, and while he has not won a playoff game, he has had the worse team all three times, not to mention that Carson Palmer missed all but two plays of the Pittsburgh game and Carson Palmer played probably the worst QBd game ever by a Bengals QB not named Klingler or Akilli in the Jets game. Last year was a coinflip and was disappointing but what did everyone expect with a rookie QB and a mediocre running game???

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 9:59 AM 

Murf, you're still Mikey's closet fluffer.

Last year, pretty much the entire football world had the Bungs picked as losers prior to the season spcifically because Mikey had them talent-starved, and yet they overachieved yet again.

The oline has finally got some some upgrades (at least possible upgrades) in previous years but this team is still just two years removed from having OchoPsycho and TO as their featured WRs. Safeties a joke. Linebackers average on their best days. Rejects like Chase Coffman and Andre Caldwell on recent rosters.

We'll see if the unknowns are genuine NFL players or just another pack of slugs in the next few months.

I know that I don't deserve to laugh anymore than the Mikey's Sheep have given me cause to laugh for decades now. And yet, to my delight, the Sheep keep getting humiliated.

Is it possible again? I'm crossing my fingers.

May the Agony of the Sheep endure forever.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 8:24 PM 

To put that last post by hook into perspective, last season here in Cleveland Browns fans had their week 1 game against the Bungs chalked up as an automatic W. On paper, the Bengals went into 2011 THAT BAD.

Yes, the players played well, but the coaches also coached well. And this "Gruden and Zimmer are great but Marvin sucks" stance is total BS as well. If either of those two were head coach tomorrow you would be sorry. Sure, there are obviously better coaches out there than Marvin, but you will never get any of those coaches here unless they luck out on hiring the next Mike Tomlin. And there is no doubt that if Mike Tomlin was the Bengals coach that he would not have had his success that he has had since 2007 (two Superbowl apearances! LOL!) Keep dreaming Murf/Mikey.

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 8:35 PM 

"... I discovered a new vomitorium. It's at Put in Bay on Lake Erie...."

I had to look up the place online, JB. I was sure that you meant Output Bay.

But tell me, why would an Ohio village be named after the president of Russia? Pass me that thar...

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 10:12 PM 

You are right....

Marvin is the best coach in footballl!!!!!

If you are a fuching field goal kicker.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 10:58 PM 

"Duh, Look Marvin I swallowed a beach ball."

[linked image]

Synonymous Bengal
(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
August 2 2012, 11:52 PM 

It's "Put-In Bay," as in put in your boat and get hammered, and it's been around longer than Vladimir's reign of power.
It's middle-aged white fest. Everyone drives around in golf carts and drinks all day. It's Vegas without the gambling and cool buildings and money, and totally Ohio instead of vaguely West Coasty.
It's not a bad place to kill a weekend and some brain cells now that Lake Erie is cleaned up a bit Had a good friend worked there the summer before college.

OldSchoolerfan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Correct me if I'm wrong here

No score for this post
August 3 2012, 1:21 AM 

But doesn't Put-in-Bay boast the "longest bar in the world"??!!?!?!?!

Talk about a bunch of 50-somethings thinking they're back in their collegiate years. Good gawd.

And also, isn't Put-in-Bay where Oliver Hazard Perry won his big victory during the War of 1812 with overwhelming odds opposing the Brits?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Hazard_Perry

I bet it's very f*cking cold there in the Winter. By the way, what's "snow"?!?!!?!? Haven't seen it in about 10 years--that is--if I don't look up to the Sierra's. LMAO.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong here

No score for this post
August 3 2012, 6:28 AM 

My advice for baby boomers such as myself who want to go to Put In Bay is NOT to go on a Saturday. It's just not safe for older folks. I went with my son and his friend and they tried to kill me. There were about 50,000 Mall Bunnies running around up there and I left my flame thrower at home..... live and learn happy.gif

The highlight of my trip was eating fresh lake perch.

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
August 3 2012, 6:35 AM 

To put that last post by hook into perspective, last season here in Cleveland Browns fans had their week 1 game against the Bungs chalked up as an automatic W. On paper, the Bengals went into 2011 THAT BAD.

This is very true, I talked to several people whose suicide pools went up in flames in Week One. I know if I had been in one, I'd have been one-and-done.

BMN

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
August 3 2012, 10:31 AM 

I know I am going to catch some heat for this as I have been a Marvin basher, BUT...it seems to me he actually has a decent coordinator on both sides of the ball. Add to that, he has drafted extraordinarily well the last 4-5 years.

I'm not saying Superbowl, but if this team stays healthy, 10 wins is not crazy talk. Seriously. Barring injury to Dalton/Green/D-Line, I can see, with this schedule, a possible 2005 rebirth, maybe better if they can play defense and not get lucky turnovers like 2005 did.

Bring the heat. I am expecting it.

"Insert witty quotation here"

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 5:10 AM 

Marvin is a great football coach..he just sucks as a Head Coach when he allows his 1950's style to take over.
Allow Gruden and Zimm to run the plays and don't slam on the brakes when you go up by 10 and I will not have too many complaints.

The draft is a collective effort from Marvin/Duke/Mikey and coaching staff.
As crazy as it sounds, they have been solid for some time during the off season.

The roster is there...
If key players can stay healthy, I believe you are looking at a very good football team.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 8:47 AM 

When you think about it a head coach is nothing more than a coordinator and the offensive/defensive/special teams coaches have to develop the appropriate strategies. Lewis gets in trouble when he overrides what the offense/defense wants to do but last year with a new system he felt Gruden needed help but he should get out of the loop as soon as possible. He might suggest something to the other coaches in a key situation but it should be a group decision.

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 11:29 AM 

"Bring the heat. I am expecting it. "

Nobody is jumping down your throat, Bronco, because there are so many genuinely positive signs. The only negative are all the injuries at cornerback, but there' still plenty of time for that to be worked out.

BTW, Fulcher, my favorite year, hands down, in the Mike Brown era is 2009. Shocking I would say that, I know. But so much good stuff: The unexpected success. The division sweep. The come-from-behind wins. The top spot in the division. The emergence of Cedric Benson as bona fide bell-cow. The emergence of Kyle Cook as an AFC North-caliber center. It goes on and on. The Bungles, of all teams, were featured on Hard Knocks. Not to mention the road win at Lambeau Field. Living down the road from Green Bay, I'm still getting milage out of that one.

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 9:47 AM 

Put-In Bay reminds me a little bit of Wisconsin's Door County up by Lake Michigan. But Door County is looked at more as a place for a relaxing getaway.

Put-In Bay:
http://www.putinbay.com/

Door County:
http://www.doorcounty.com/

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 10:13 PM 

" because there are so many genuinely positive signs. The only negative are all the injuries at cornerback"

Re signing a head coach who has a .496 winning percentage and has mismanaged the few good teams he helped build is not a negative? lets not forget all three of his teams had major collapses at the end of the season, its starting to look like a pattern.

In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 5 2012, 6:13 AM 

But Storm...he is great.
There is something refreshing about having a coach that still believes in the 1980's Marty Ball theory because it worked so well for Marty.

I am just hoping he doesn't get in the way of a great offense.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
August 5 2012, 7:32 AM 

Was it "Marty Ball" when Marvin's team racked up big numbers in 2005?

Nope. It was the same coach with the same attitude who had much, much better players on the line and at WR.

You're obsessed with portraying yourself as some sort of credible analyst, Murf. It's forever comical.

Marvin has overachieved a number of times, including last year and in 2009, by adapting to the assorted patchwork of putrid linemen and aging receivers and worthless new receivers that Mikey's incompetent front office trotted out on draft days.

Not that I'm complaining about any of the above. Watching Mikey fail and reading the contorted, contracting and inane rantings of his fawning admirers, has been a remarkable source of amusement and recreation for decades. May it continue for years to come.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 5 2012, 6:26 PM 

Was it "Marty Ball" when Marvin's team racked up big numbers in 2005?

Of course it was. If Sean Payton and his "aggressive" playcalling was in charge the Bengals would have scored 58.2 ppg. Marvin held that team back also.

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 6 2012, 7:25 PM 

Re signing a head coach who has a .496 winning percentage and has mismanaged the few good teams he helped build is not a negative?

You're right, of course. I guess I was thinking of negatives outside of the constants of Mike and Marvin.

I think Marvelous Marv manages to gain the success he does because he can at least work with MB. Most coaches would keel over in frustration.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 6 2012, 8:19 PM 

Marvin has never over achieved in his life.

Please name the great wideouts they had in 05'
LMFAO

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
August 7 2012, 6:04 AM 

Murf, you are so comically overmatched. You destroy your own Mikey-fluffing theme even when you delusionally think you're defending it.

Hey, Chad Johnson might or not of been a truly great wide receiver in 2005. But Chad in 2005 and the rest of that corps were far superior than the aged and cancerous Chad and TO of two years ago.

And that 2005 offensive line decayed into garbage within a couple years of 2005. Carson wasn't getting clobbered by pass rushers in 2005. That wasn't true when the garbage replacements lined up in front of him.

I remember the Sheep's anguish when Carson started mixing in what seemed to be horrendous gaffes as that decade came to a close. It's explainable. His bell was getting rung so often....which again explained why the Bungs had to adapt to the reality of their personnel.

But back to your comical lunacy. The Bungs didn't have great wide receivers in 2005? Please tell me that they didn't have great linemen either. And even a Sheep won't try to say that the defense was legit in 2005.

But Marvin never overachieved? You are so slaughtered. Again.

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
August 7 2012, 2:01 PM 

You are a moron when it comes to politics and your intelligence level in football is on par with 10 year old girl.

Marvin is a below average HEAD COACH..good football coach, but bad head coach.
The Jets playoff game was lost by poor coaching.
The Steeler playoff game was lost in the locker room at half time b/c the Head Coach could not get his playoff team to understand respect and professionalism.

The game changed a long time ago..
Marvin still lives in the Bettis/Jamal days...

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
August 7 2012, 3:44 PM 

Oh, the Agony of the Sheep. May it endure forever.

No, Murf. The bungs got beat in the playoffs because the teams they played were better. It's always been that way.

I know it's too much to ask for this amusement to be extended after so many years of laughs. But....the Sheep keep giving me hope that it will.

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
August 7 2012, 8:36 PM 

Murf, Im pretty sure the Jets, Texans and Steelers all had better teams than us (2005 - only without CP).

"Insert witty quotation here"

Current Topic - Bad news for Murf.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return