Week 11: Sun, Nov 18 - Cincinnati at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 12: Sun, Nov 25 - Oakland Raiders at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 13: Sun, Dec 2 - Cincinnati at San Diego Chargers, 4:15 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 14: Sun, Dec 9 - Dallas Cowboys at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 15: Thu, Dec 13 - Cincinnati at Philadelphia Eagles, 8:20 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 16: Sun, Dec 23 - Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 17: Sun, Dec 30 - Baltimore at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

My Prediction 9-7.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bo Jackson8
(Login HipLikeBo)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: 2012 Bengals season prediction thread

No score for this post
August 19 2012, 2:57 PM 

8-8.
The perfect season. Keeps the fans on Mikeys leash.

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

No score for this post
August 19 2012, 4:14 PM 

11-5 Division Champs. First Playoff wins once 90-91 season.

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
August 19 2012, 4:50 PM 

Wow, even the BAC sippin' on some Kool-Aid.

I'll take 7-9, and I'd put some $$$ on the fact that they won't have a winning record, if anyone is foolish enough to take me up on it.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Rolling more like crawling into Bye Week

No score for this post
August 19 2012, 8:09 PM 

2-5 at the Bye Week doesn't not conclude to a good season.

I don't know why--but I have the Bungles losing at least one of those Browns Games.

BTW--the Browns need to consider starting McCoy again. The other guy is f*cking atrocious. I saw their coach predictably call a screen pass. Nobody bought into it--and he didn't even try to sell the fake--but still threw the pass to the RB anyways. Just a bad, bad, bad, bad decision. If you don't know to throw that ball into the stands, then you have no business taking snaps. Rookie or no--dude should know sh*t like that already.

The Browns start that dude, then they will be lucky to win 2 games all year.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

Re: Rolling more like crawling into Bye Week

No score for this post
August 21 2012, 9:05 PM 

6-10.....sophmore slumps come into play.

Homey
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 4:38 AM 

Back to back playoffs? Naw, haven't done that in over thirty years. Let down after last year (if there is such a thing as a let down after 9-7).

7-9

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 6:01 AM 

7-9

I have an upset losses vs Jacksonville and at Cleveland but upset wins over the Broncos at PBS and over Ravens in true "Dead Cat Bounce" form Week 17. Their second half schedule is really tough...their room for error is tight unless they upset teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Dallas, Philly, and the Giants. If they sweep the AFC West that would help (I have them going 3-1 with a loss at San Diego, although I think that you can throw those four games in a hat and better predict the results...that division is crazy and so are the Bungs). Or, if the Steelers or Ravens stink and that makes more of those games winnable...both teams are old and are a few injuries away from imploding.

7-9 or 8-8 seems about right for expectations. If they make the playoffs, they will need 2009 luck and/or coaching or 2011 coaching and wins in seemingly every winnable game.6-10 would be a disappointment unless Dalton takes a big step back, in which suddenly the Bungs become underdogs against all four AFC West teams and possibly against Cleveland. Still, a worst case scenario seems like 3-13 or 4-12, but I think that they will hover around .500 all season long.

Week 1 @ Ravens (MNF) L
Week 2 vs Browns W
Week 3 @ Redskins W
Week 4 @ Jaguars L
Week 5 vs Dolphins W
Week 6 @ Browns L
Week 7 vs Steelers L
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 vs Broncos W
Week 10 vs Giants L
Week 11 @ Chiefs W
Week 12 vs Raiders W
Week 13 @ Chargers L
Week 14 vs Cowboys L
Week 15 @ Eagles L
Week 16 @ Steelers L
Week 17 vs Ravens W

dacow
(Login dacow)

Well

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 7:06 AM 

WGAF?

I mean aren't you tired of Mikey's weak asz product yet?

(Login bmncaper)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator

Re: Well

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 7:47 AM 

How to approach this without the born-and-bred cynicism....

I guess there's been some incremental change. A few more scouts, less knuckleheads...you don't overcome decades of organizational ineptitude overnight. sigh

Looking at it without the homer lenses or without the MBS lenses, I see:

- a team that showed promise last year but also a team that feasted on a weak schedule
- a Baltimore Ravens defense that is significantly aging and lost their significant weapon to injury
- a Steelers team that almost certainly will win the division if it stays healthy
- a Bengals team that has a beast of a #1 WR and a SIGNIFICANTLY underrated TE, but also
- a Bengals team that BADLY needs a #2 receiver to take the offense to the next level and uncertainty
of performance level at the running back position
- a Bengals team with a defense that is quietly very good but certainly not elite

So....with that in mind:

at Baltimore - L (Baltimore comes in pissed off opening week like last year)
Cleveland - W (if this ends up being a L instead...buckle up, it's gonna be a long year)
at Washington - W (rookie QB still working out the kinks)
at Jacksonville - W (JAX looks terrible and if MJD doesn't report, it'll be even worse)
Miami - W (without Marshall, I think Miami's offense will be significantly worse)
at Cleveland - W (they can't not take both games from CLE two years running........right? *crickets*)
Pittsburgh - L (team comes in with a 5-1 record and huffing and puffing and plays too overeager)
Denver - L (I actually don't think Denver's going to be much good but I just can't pick the Bengals to beat Peyton...even post-surgery on a lesser team)
NY Giants - L (No shame in losing this game...could be a hard fought one and the Giants have their off weeks, just won't bet on this being one of them)
at Kansas City - W ("stop the bleeding" game)
Oakland - W (team shows up motivated to validate Andy as the post-Carson leader)
at San Diego - L (I don't like the Bengals on the West Coast in December)
Dallas - L (Dallas in December is different from Dallas any other time of year)
at Philadelphia - L (could switch to W if Reid puts his ******* hat on and doesn't remember that his biggest weapon isn't Vick or Jackson but Desean McCoy)
at Pittsburgh - L (other "no shame in losing" game...except with far larger consequences)
Baltimore - W (I actually predict Baltimore underachieving this year and being checked out by the last week)

Mikey's wet dream fulfilled at 8-8...although I see at least three opportunities there to catch a team "napping" to make it 9-7.

BMN

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 10:01 AM 

Week 1 @ Ravens (MNF) L
Week 2 vs Browns W
Week 3 @ Redskins L
Week 4 @ Jaguars W
Week 5 vs Dolphins W
Week 6 @ Browns W
Week 7 vs Steelers W
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 vs Broncos W
Week 10 vs Giants L
Week 11 @ Chiefs L
Week 12 vs Raiders W
Week 13 @ Chargers L
Week 14 vs Cowboys L
Week 15 @ Eagles L
Week 16 @ Steelers L
Week 17 vs Ravens W

I figure 7-9 to 8-8. Things could change barringe our injuries or other teams injuries.

(Login whit28)

prediction

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 12:29 PM 

[linked image]

12-4, Division Champs, Bitches!

I haven't posted here in awhile and I haven't seen this pic on here either, It had to change.

I will have to think about my prediction before I actually make one.

"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

Re: prediction

No score for this post
August 22 2012, 7:29 PM 

I don't really feel like it's even worth my time to do a game-by-game analysis for this team, but I'm pretty much on board w BMN's predictions. Good start against a weak schedule, everyone proclaims the next big thing and the league and the brownHole get what they want: A bunch of sellouts for the rest of the season.

Then, utter ruin when we have to face teams that are actually good.

The only caveat I'd add is that I also see 3 chances where the Bungs could be caught napping too, dropping the team to 5 or 6 wins. I'll stick w my prediction of 7 wins.

Whit, thanks for that.

Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
August 23 2012, 5:56 PM 

3-13 Marvin gets canned and the whole clown brown vicious cycle starts anew.I can hear
the clown screaming "I told you so" already.The clown wont retire till he takes the big dirt nap
and the bumblers go another 20 years without winning a playoff game.Marvin should have been fired
100x's alrready and would have been in any other NFL city where mediocrity isnt accepted

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
August 23 2012, 8:53 PM 

Fire Marvin? Never.

Signing up with Mikey is like working for the mob. Once you are in, you can't get out. Just ask Carson.

I think that the only reason the Bungs did well last year was because of new blood at key positions. I think after a year of smelling Mikey poo they have begun the inevitable journey of "Bungalization". As a result, I predict an 8-8 season, and then down hill from there.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 24 2012, 6:35 AM 

I tend to agree...3-13 only puts him on the "Hot Seat", as disappointing as that kind of record would be.

To that above point, it p1sses me off to no end when ESPN recognizes the Bengals as a real NFL franchise and includes them in said arguments (i.e. putting him on the "Hot Seat" after 2008 and 2010 for the same reason that Todd Haley or Norv Turner or Lovie Smith always end up on this list).

Just this week Marcellus Wiley put them in the playoffs and the Steelers and Broncos out of the playoffs. What a freaking joke! At least if you're going to put the Bungs in, base it off of "this team could surprise again" or "this team has more talent than you may assume," not "they are younger than the Steelers and offer more on both sides of the ball." What a f*cking joke ESPN is. They did this to us in 2006 and 2010, basically making the Bengals the sexy division champion and Superbowl pick based off of the aberrations the year before!

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

To those of you prediction >= 7-9

No score for this post
August 24 2012, 9:15 PM 

I have one question for you:

HOW?????????

Good lord. I don't know what you're seeing--but your starting QB is throwing for around 50% for the entire preseason--and without a running game.

YOU'RE SCREWED IF I'M SEEING THAT RIGHT.

Even the Browns are going to give the Bungles a game twice.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

Re: To those of you prediction >= 7-9

No score for this post
August 25 2012, 5:25 AM 

I've been working a lot lately and haven't even had time to watch a snippet of preseason. But....it's hard for a non-ovis fan to not ignore history.

The bungs will look much different on the O-Line from a few years ago and drastically different at WR and TE than two years ago. That at least suggests they recognized their scandalous talent gap. They had too many non NFL-starting players at far too many of those positions.

Will the drastic changes bring drastic improvement? I can't see it getting any worse than the laughing stock standard of years past. But history suggests it's not going to get that much better either. Overachievement can't merely happen by throwing a switch year in and year out.

I'll go with the marginal improvement analysis. The bungs were 5-win talent a couple years ago. I'm predicting 7 wins. If Marvin bring Mikey's joke of an organization to 10 wins again, he should once again run away with Coach of the Year honors.

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
August 25 2012, 11:28 AM 

Why does ESPN build up the Bung? It is because they are apart of the NFL. It's kinda like a car manufacturer offerring zero percentage interest rates on cars that don't sell well but charging high interest rates on cars everyone enjoys riding in.

Trust me, they are not stupid enough to believe their own mantra.

The Swamp Rat
(Login deweywarren)

0-16

No score for this post
August 25 2012, 6:13 PM 

I'm sticking with 0-16. I know we can do it! Anything better than that and I am ecstatic.

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)

Re: 0-16

No score for this post
August 25 2012, 6:34 PM 

My prediction, 10-6. No Super Bowl, but a good year. The running game will be the key.

BringBackBoomer
(Login BringBackBoomer)

Record

No score for this post
August 26 2012, 2:16 AM 

These lucky azz overachievers will certainly take a step backwards this season. No Mike Brown led team makes the playoffs two years in a row. 7-9 if they are lucky. 5-11 or 6-10 seems about right. As usual, however, I will be rooting for 0-16. I love the Bengals, but until the azzhole-in-chief dies I will never get excited over any success they have. Those of you buying tickets to games or anything that puts money in the Hole's pockets should be ashamed. **** the Brownhole. May he rot in hell.

(Login broncobux)

Re: Record

No score for this post
August 26 2012, 3:24 PM 

No injuries to Dalton and Green?

9-7

injuries?

5-11 or worse

"Insert witty quotation here"

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 26 2012, 4:59 PM 

5-11

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Katie
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
August 27 2012, 2:53 PM 

Week 1: Mon, Sep 10 - Cincinnati at Baltimore Ravens, 7 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 2: Sun, Sep 16 - Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 3: Sun, Sep 23 - Cincinnati at Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 4: Sun, Sep 30 - Cincinnati at Jacksonville Jaguars, 4:05 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 5: Sun, Oct 7 - Miami Dolphins at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 6: Sun, Oct 14 - Cincinnati at Cleveland, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 7: Sun, Oct 21 - Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati, 8:20 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: Sun, Nov 4 - Denver Broncos at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 10: Sun, Nov 11 - New York Giants at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 11: Sun, Nov 18 - Cincinnati at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 12: Sun, Nov 25 - Oakland Raiders at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 13: Sun, Dec 2 - Cincinnati at San Diego Chargers, 4:15 p.m. ET.....LOSS

Week 14: Sun, Dec 9 - Dallas Cowboys at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN

Week 17: Sun, Dec 30 - Baltimore at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

7-9  The easy schedule at the beginning of the season shall provide hope which shall be dashed when they play with the good teams in the second half of the season.  I say 3rd place in the AFCN behind the Stealers and Ravens.  

I would love to be wrong and see the playoffs, but even if they made them, they'd probably lose in round one.  This would only give them a lower draft pick.

--------------------------------------------
Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

UKBengal
(Login ukbengal)

Normality is resumed

No score for this post
August 27 2012, 4:26 PM 

Bengals to win 5 or 6 games...tops.

2nd game loss to the Browns.

Steelers win the division and SB

Normality is resumed!

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 30 2012, 8:09 PM 

Now that the preseason is over...

I had a good feeling about this team during the offseason which lasted all through training camp. But the Bungs did nothing to inspire me during the preseason, and then there were the injuries.

With Wharton, and now especially, Cook, gone for the season, I see no hope.

After the Ngatapocalypse on Week 1, it's really gonna get ugly. 2010-ish. But then we'll see the inevitable Dead Cat Bounce, and the Bungs will finish with six or seven wins.

And the Bungs streak of lacking back-to-back winning seasons will extend to at least 32 years.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

LMAO!!!!!

No score for this post
August 30 2012, 9:59 PM 

"Ngatapocalypse"

LMMFAO!!!! Good one, Psycho!!!!

LC
(Login LoyaltyClause)

Re: LMAO!!!!!

No score for this post
August 30 2012, 10:04 PM 

I believe I was a year off in predicting the bungs record of 3-13/4-12 - thought it would be last year but the cba actually helped out mikey boy. this team will be lucky to get 5 wins

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: LMAO!!!!!

No score for this post
August 31 2012, 6:52 AM 

Dennis Roland almost got Dalton killed last night. Roland does nothing but let people run around him. And Paul Alexander does nothing but praise Dennis Roland's flawless technique. Then Geoff Hobson echoes everything Paul Alexander says like it's coming from the burning bush. Anyone notice how everything Hobson has written lately has been nonstop praise of Jeff Faine?

Crony Capitalism Stinks
(Login MikeBrownIsScum)

No score for this post
September 3 2012, 10:00 PM 

2012 Cincinnati Bengals Schedule

Week 1: Mon, Sep 10 - Cincinnati at Baltimore Ravens, 7 p.m. ET.....LOSS H
Week 2: Sun, Sep 16 - Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN
Week 3: Sun, Sep 23 - Cincinnati at Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 4: Sun, Sep 30 - Cincinnati at Jacksonville Jaguars, 4:05 p.m. ET.....WIN
Week 5: Sun, Oct 7 - Miami Dolphins at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN
Week 6: Sun, Oct 14 - Cincinnati at Cleveland, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 7: Sun, Oct 21 - Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati, 8:20 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: Sun, Nov 4 - Denver Broncos at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 10: Sun, Nov 11 - New York Giants at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 11: Sun, Nov 18 - Cincinnati at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 12: Sun, Nov 25 - Oakland Raiders at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....WIN
Week 13: Sun, Dec 2 - Cincinnati at San Diego Chargers, 4:15 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 14: Sun, Dec 9 - Dallas Cowboys at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS
Week 17: Sun, Dec 30 - Baltimore at Cincinnati, 1 p.m. ET.....LOSS

I predict 4-12 but 3-2 start will make Koolaid Drinkers care more than they should

must be locked in the Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 7:39 PM 

bump,anyone else still feel they will win more that 3 or 4 games this year????

Family Circus
(Login FamilyCircus)

My take

No score for this post
September 10 2012, 6:56 PM 

Already made my predictions in the Bengals Starting Out on MNF thread (which I just bumped) but I will repeat just for fun:

Have the Bungs EVER started out the season on MNF? This is going to be one big time EPIC FAIL....

But yeah, then it gets easy for awhile. They could go into the Pitt game at 5-1. But another primetime disaster brings them back down to earth.

Next they face PM who will have shaken the rust out by then.

They won't score more than 10 against the NYGs.

They can't win on the road against the AFC West.

Then CP comes to town and much to my chagrin throws 6 INTs including 2 pick 6's. And the Bungs still only win by a FG.

SD - another AFC West road loss.

Then Romo gets hurt but the Bungs still manage to eke one out. This combined w/ the Oakland win will be the 2012 version of the Dead Cat Bounce.

Now at this point, assuming they started out 5-1, the Bungs are a respectable 7-6. But no need to describe what happens next, except to say that on 12/30 PBS will be a cold and lonely place to be.

7-9. Lather, rinse, repeat indeed.

"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

Re: My take

No score for this post
October 14 2012, 12:46 PM 

DaveinWV: "My prediction, 10-6. No Super Bowl, but a good year. The running game will be the key."

I'm sorry to hear that you drank the kool-aid. I don't see anymore than 4-5 wins. back to square 1...will Mikey draft a QB next year?

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

GAME OVER

No score for this post
October 14 2012, 1:04 PM 

"I don't know why--but I have the Bungles losing at least one of those Browns Games."

Because I forgot when I posted this--I'm OldSchoolerDamus. That's how. LOL

BrownAssClown
(Login BrownBiatch)

Re: GAME OVER

No score for this post
October 14 2012, 3:22 PM 

I need kicked in the balls for my 9-7 prediction.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: GAME OVER

No score for this post
October 14 2012, 5:11 PM 

flip/flop the Jags/Dolphins games and I'm spot on to date. I have them going 7-9 BTW, and that still seems realistic, although 6-10 sounds more likely.

Bill Simmons put it best why he picked Cleveland...the Bungs should not be favored on the road against ANYONE. That sounds about right!

Lippinfatt
(Login MikeBrownIsScum)

My predictions were pretty accurate too (flip Miami and Washington)

No score for this post
October 14 2012, 6:06 PM 

and I had them going 4-12.

Family Circus
(Login FamilyCircus)

Re: Game Over

No score for this post
October 15 2012, 6:22 PM 

And looks like I need a humiliating kick in the crotch for even charitably suggesting 7-9.

(Login broncobux)

Re: Game Over

No score for this post
October 15 2012, 7:39 PM 

And someone needs to help me regurgitate the Kool-Aid for thinking 9-7.

Then again, the Ravens are decimated on D, so are the Steelers.
The Clowns, are the clowns.

Oh, f*ck it, we blow donkeys.

Pass the Tylenol.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
October 15 2012, 8:17 PM 

Don't feel pregnant - I had them at 7-9 to 8-8. Shows how much I don't know. The Mikester fooled a lot of people - esp. the season ticketholders that got sucked in after last year.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

23 years and counting

No score for this post
October 15 2012, 10:38 PM 

"Shows how much I don't know. The Mikester fooled a lot of people - esp. the season ticketholders that got sucked in after last year."

AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT....AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT.....AND THE YEAR BEFORE....

Can you see a trend here?

SF2
(Login SaintsFanToo)

Ehh

No score for this post
October 16 2012, 9:23 AM 

7-9 and 8-8 is still doable considering the injury reports coming from the Baltimore Ravens and Pittspuke retirement homes.

That said we don't stand a chance against any of the top 5 teams which I no longer consider Baltimore due to injuries.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

Re: Ehh

No score for this post
October 16 2012, 2:54 PM 

very glad the last ticket I paid for was in '04 & the last jersey I bought was an Ahmad Brooks. he lasted awhile, NOT. all my $ goes to things I enjoy, and that aren't wasted on sending Mikeyboy's nephew to college.

Katie
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
October 22 2012, 11:06 PM 

They're doing worse than I predicted.  I had them going into the bye week going 5-2.  It will only get worse from here.  If you enjoy a good trainwreck, the second half of this season should be right up your alley.

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

(Login CIN-C-STAR)

No score for this post
October 23 2012, 12:02 AM 

UK with perhaps the most likely prediction at this point I think. 5-6 wins, loss to the Browns, and Steelers get healthy at the end of the season and win the Superbowl. I could actually see it happen if their RBs and POlamalu and Harrison come back healthy. AFC is wide open.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
October 23 2012, 1:29 AM 

Folks, it's close to being a .500 team. And it's the Bungles. This is success.

Laughingstock defensive backs, a patchwork o-Line, a downgrade at running back, junior varsity players at WR's 2 and 3 positions, over-rated linebackers (well, actually, even some of the Sheep are starting to see reality about Rey Rey by now), etc, etc.

It's a Mike Brown roster. After over two decades of this, how could anyone lament three wins by now? The Bungs have a chance to win another five games. If they do, this will be yet another season of overachievement.

UKBengal
(Login ukbengal)

No score for this post
October 23 2012, 6:23 AM 

Well the prediction was just a guess, threw a few rune stones against the carcass of a dead goat and counted how many maggots crawled out of the offal...probably how Mickey Boy picks head-coaches (actually a dead goat could probably make a better job of challenging calls than Marvin).

Anywho. I do have this feeling that the Bungles will do nothing spectacular this year, the Browns will win a few more games, the Ravens will flatter to deceive with their QB still raising questions of him being or not being 'elite'. Which of course leaves the Steelers.

I think this year is made for the Steelers. They are injury ravaged at the moment, and yet lady luck is on their side as a normally tough division gives way to two poor teams and the Ravens who will now slip up and hand the thing to the Steelers.

And, I know we all hate to say this, but Big Ben is such a brilliant QB. I have actually got to the point where I enjoy watching him play. (As I have said before, I can't stand the fella, but as a QB, possibly my favourite to watch, along with Rodgers, or a Manning)

So who knows what the playoffs will bring, but with the Steelers getting healthy, the AFC being mediocre, can't you see the writing on the wall?!

The flip side should be that this should have been a great year for the Bungles.

Go Steelers!!!! LOL

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)

Well, well......

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 8:49 AM 

"My prediction, 10-6. No Super Bowl, but a good year. The running game will be the key."

If they win today, which I think they will especially due to the fact that the Ravens are resting everybody and the Bengals aren't, my prediction would be correct.

And what was a huge factor during the win streak??? The running game.

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)

Re: Well, well......

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 12:41 PM 

Nevermind. Looks like 9-7, which was predicted quite a bit. Marv said they would play to win. He lied.

(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 1:31 PM 

Congrats, Dave. Your prediction was correct. 10-6 it is.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I was feeling good about this team in the offseason and all through the training camp. Then they looked like crap in the preseason. When the Bungs started out 3-5, it looked like I would be right with my prediction of 2008-ish.

Glad you were right and I was wrong.

(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 1:34 PM 

I just missed the boat with my 9-7 prediction.

Never been happier. Ha!

(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 2:24 PM 

I picked 7-9, and all in all, I only accurately picked 6 games.  The Bengals definitely surprised me.

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 2:54 PM 

Also picked 7-9. Wasn't surprised that they got to nine wins but the tenth one caught me offguard. A good year for the team. Honestly, I really do want to believe this team will continue to be built the right way even if history teaches me otherwise. There are several promising pieces in place if the organization gets itself up to NFL standards.

BMN

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 6:56 PM 

I predicticted a playoff win and still standbuy it
Bengals over Houston WHO DEY!!!!

Current Topic - 2012 Bengals season prediction thread
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return