<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Weird Coincidence

No score for this post
December 3 2013, 1:06 AM 

This is weird, but I'm once again hoping that the Bengals get a QB from Eastern Illinois.

Jimmy Garoppolo.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Here's a Sports Illustrated article about him:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131113/jimmy-garoppolo-eastern-illinois/

He's got a very fast release with no wasted motion. Good, strong arm. Accurate. He's thrown for 48 TDs this season and leads the FCS in yardage.

After seeing footage of him, I know he can play in the NFL. The Bengals might get him in the 4th round. He would be a steal. Bring in some other QBs in post-draft FA too just to increase the competition.

This is a Super Bowl team with a better QB.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Too much emphasis on technique

No score for this post
December 3 2013, 12:20 PM 

Nice overhead release on the 1st photo.

Second photo = if he's not ready to release that ball--then he should be holding it with 2 hands, higher--and closer to the body (in case he gets hit)--that way he doesn't fumble.....

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You know that technique thing is BS. It's good for somethings--but like the Indy Combine--it's a dog and pony show.

Bret Favre had terrible techniques--but could play the game like a MF'er. When questioned on how he handles a "Nickel" Defense instead of the "4-3" or "3-4"--Favre said "What's the difference?"

"Oh......it's when they pull a LB'er or DL--and add a CB or Safety to the coverage schemes....."

"Well....who gives a sh*t about that?"

I want somebody that can play the game. If the game tape is great, then I'm sold. I want to see every down and every play though before making an assessment. wink.gif

If you say he's the real deal as an evaluator--and you have no dog in the fight (you're not related or a distant cousin or something)--then I must trust you.....

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
December 3 2013, 2:25 PM 

"I want somebody that can play the game. If the game tape is great, then I'm sold. I want to see every down and every play though before making an assessment."

Do you think mikey is that rigorous when he asseses talent especially QB's??

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

No score for this post
December 3 2013, 3:15 PM 

"Do you think mikey is that rigorous when he asseses talent especially QB's??"

That's great. Mikey's personnel department probably watched Carson Palmer's Orange Bowl and Notre Dame Games in 2002. One of them may have attended the Orange Bowl.

Mikey's Scouting Dept. might have seen the Rose Bowl vs. the Wisconsin Badgers with Big Red Pop Gun.

They just don't have the numbers to blanket every player they have on the draft board. However, I will bet that Mikey places 2 out of the 3 scouts on the QB Position. LMAO.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

Re: hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

No score for this post
December 3 2013, 4:55 PM 

If you type his name into a search engine and click on "videos," I'm sure that you can find the same game film that I've watched.

I'm certainly not saying he's Dan Marino, but his quick release reminds me of Marino. Once his arm moves to throw, it's out in a hurry!

He doesn't have an arm like Favre (few people do), but it sure seems stronger than Dalton's. He threw some long passes that were right on the money. The Eastern Illinois receivers didn't need to break stride. He's thrown some beautiful corner routes for TDs too. Perfectly placed and easy to catch.

He also seems like a very humble and all-around good guy during interviews.

Urban Meyer couldn't believe how good he looked when he was preparing for San Diego State. Eastern Illinois crushed the Aztecs the previous week, so that's why Meyer saw him play.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
December 8 2013, 1:02 PM 

Dalton sucks, get that bum out of town

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

T
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
December 15 2013, 5:54 PM 

May as well bump this so some of you can vent ....

wink.gif

must be locked in the Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
December 15 2013, 6:40 PM 

Once again every pass to AJ Green,perfect formula for a loss

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

At one point

No score for this post
December 15 2013, 11:41 PM 

Dalton was 5 for 14. It doesn't get any worse than that......and AJ Green didn't play that great. 8 for 88 should have really been 13 for 128, one TD.

Green is showing some chinks in the armor lately......it's probably because he's getting killed going up for passes surrounded by 4 defenders--and is hearing imaginary footsteps from all the concussions. You KNOW who's fault that is.....Big Red Pop Gun.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
December 16 2013, 2:36 AM 

"Green is showing some chinks in the armor lately"

Can anybody say "bungalized" ? Dalton is starting to get that look also.

must be locked in the Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 6:29 AM 

back up material at best

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 10:38 AM 

Mike Brown should have been looking for a viable replacement for Dalton LAST YEAR. Dalton will NEVER be a franchise QB who can lead them to the promised land. More and more people realize that now.

Mike Brown should tell his scouts that they need to find a new starting QB for this team. He should be honest and admit that he's cheap, so they need to find a diamond in the rough preferably. Bring a BUNCH of QBs into training camp if necessary. Don't worry about hurting Dalton's feelings. Dalton has shown he's not much of a leader anyway, so screw him. If Dalton can beat out the competition, good for him and bad for us. Bring in more QBs to dethrone him the following year.

I've read Mikey make statements about the importance of a solid quarterback, and he's right. He's actually right about that.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 10:58 AM 

Dalton might not be th franchise QB we all want but that OL is no prize package either.

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 11:05 AM 

Jameis Winston, a freshman college QB, would have overcome the pressure that Dalton faced yesterday. Yes, the Chargers were able to pressure Dalton on blitzes. He still had several seconds to elude them in most cases.

Dalton doesn't have the arm strength and poise to throw well on the run.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 11:24 AM 

Dalton doesn't do well or scramble well when pressured by the defense as was the case yesterday. I think the OL needs work but they need as stated by many to draft a QB.

The bungs were beaten by a team that played AFC N football - the Chargers ran most of the time and forced turnovers. That's the way I thought the bungs were supposed to do it. Didn't Lewis say a lot he wanted to emphasize the run when the weather got cold? What happened to that?

SH
(Login SheopleHerder)

No score for this post
January 6 2014, 11:33 AM 

Yeah, the coaching decisions weren't good either.

They ran well against the Chargers in the regular season game. I wish they would've kept to that formula.

The long throw on 4th-and-3 in the 4th quarter had everyone in the stands groaning yesterday.
(1) It was a bad call and (2) The pass wasn't even close to the receiver.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 7 2014, 7:51 AM 

It sometimes takes longer for a Bungle to work his way into my doghouse. If he's not an attention hound and doesn't get arrested all the time...

But I've run out of patience. All along the fear was that Dalton had a relatively low ceiling, that he would get to "pretty good" fairly quickly and go no higher. Turns out that's exactly what happened.

I wonder if the situation has hit the proverbial tipping point with the homers. Now everybody hates the Red Popgun.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
January 7 2014, 8:46 AM 

The Andy Dalton sentiment is just such a weird feeling.

Even though good QBs sometimes played bad games in the playoffs (i.e. Boomer Esiason in the Superbowl had a relatively bad game, Carson was awful in the 2009/2010 game vs the Jets), these were all good QBs (Kenny Anderson, Boomer, Carson) which made all of these playoff losses tolerable from the QB perspective. Otherwise, QB play was always at least descent in playoff games (even Jon Kitna in 2005 played relatively well until his fumble).

Bengals fans, while not necessarily used to great QB play, have had good gauge of good and bad QB play and I think before this season were airing on the side of "youth" and "just played a bad game" after the last two playoff losses. But this season seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back because of just how bad Andy was at times. The 8-0 home record is one of the most deceiving records that I have ever seen, even more so than the 6-0 vs. the division in 2009. The Bengals overcame bad Andy way too many times in 2013 that this past Sunday to some of us anyways seemed inevitable.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 8 2014, 8:59 PM 

A writer in your neck of the woods is chiming-in on the Red Popgun, Sam.

BEREA, Ohio -- There are a couple ways to construct a playoff team -- or so the good citizens of Cleveland have been told.

You either find a franchise quarterback and build around him or develop an arsenal of weapons and hope they're good enough to overcome a mediocre one.

Sunday in Cincinnati was a reminder of why the Browns, who are starting to collect Pro Bowl pieces, need to get the right quarterback in this years or next years draft.

Andy Dalton's desultory performance in a 27-10 loss to the San Diego Chargers, demonstrates the perils of building a good team around an average quarterback. In recent years, weve seen the same thing happen with the New York Jets and Mark Sanchez and the Houston Texans and Matt Schaub.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/as_cleveland_browns_look_for_a.html

That's Tom reed of the Plain Dealer. And of that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does. Browns followers using Dalton as a precautionary tale! He's become the national poster boy for sub-standard quarterbacking.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
January 8 2014, 9:12 PM 

"Sunday in Cincinnati was a reminder of why the Browns, who are starting to collect Pro Bowl pieces, need to get the right quarterback in this years or next years draft. "

What's amazing in all this is mikey wants a strong QB (or so I was led to believe). He was a QB at Dartmouth so he values a strong QB. Dalton is average at best which I would think goes against mikey's grain. I have to defend mikey here as he was on the right track in wanting Kaepernik but let that idiot gruden talk him out of it. Now as a result the bungs will need to find a stronger quicker more athletic QB somehow somewhere. Hopefully gruden will get a HC job somewhere so we will be rid of him. Good riddance.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return