(Login oldschoolerfan)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Pete Rose Affilation

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 10:10 AM 

Really? Pete Rose at the Park? My two questions are this for f*cking Mr. Selig:

1. Why?
2. How?

Oh yeah--and there is one more--WHERE ARE YOU AT ON THAT ONE, YOU FAKE OF A COMMISH?!?!!??!?!?!?!? Can't let Pete back in the game--but you sure as hell are going to let the Reds make some money off him on a personal appearance?

Bud Selig is one big walking f*cking contradiction. I still don't understand how this azzhole still has a job (other than being owner of the Brewers). This guy turned a blind-eye to the steroid era.

How in the hell?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: *

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 11:06 AM 

Don't worry - he'll be gone at the end of December. He will be 80 this July and he makes $12 mill a year doing whatever it is he does. And people b!tch at the high player salaries.

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(no login)

Cards continue to b1tchslap the Reds

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 3:30 PM 

Cozart is still 0-for-the-year, among other lowlights.

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(no login)

Cards continue to b1tchslap the Reds

No score for this post
April 7 2014, 8:16 PM 

Reds play the Rays and Pirates next, could be out of it before May starts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

3 - 8

No score for this post
April 12 2014, 6:08 PM 

3 and 8! This team is exceeding my expectations to the downside. Hamilton is only hitting .147 - maybe his weight. Excuse me but isn't it his job to get on base first and then worry about stealing? At this pact the season might be over by the end of April. Then the bungs are next - I hate to think about that bunch.

theydey
(Login theydey)

Re: 3 - 8

No score for this post
April 12 2014, 7:29 PM 

If Hamilton could not hit about 250 in the minor leagues when why would they assume he could get on base in the majors?

It makes no sense.

Here is the deal, the Reds management was too cheap to resign Choo, so they settled on Hamilton, all the while knowing that they would not make the playoffs.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 12 2014, 8:26 PM 

It looks now like the season's over. Votto isn't near as good as before he had his injury and Hamilton can't even get singles. While Votto still has market value why not try to fill some of the glaring holes on this team? The bottom line is the Reds are going to finish in last place with or without Votto so shop him around NOW.

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
April 13 2014, 11:00 AM 

Leave Votto alone. Sure, he is not a guy who can drive in runs but he can get on base. Until he proves otherwise, he should be left alone.

Sure he is overpriced, but so long as they have someone who can get on base let those paying his salary worry about that.

What they need to do is fill the hole in at SS and CF. Hamilton and Cozart need to be given the boot. If they had production from SS and CF, then the Reds would more than likely have a winning record right now. Hell, if they only had Choo back they would probably be at least at 500.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 13 2014, 4:26 PM 

"Sure he is overpriced, but so long as they have someone who can get on base let those paying his salary worry about that. "

That's the whole point. They're paying $12 mill or so per year on a player whose best days are probably behind him. Make a trade to a team in the American League perhaps and get some prospects out of it and use the money for that. The Reds will do poorly with or without him so lets get it fixed quickly.

Bronco
(Login broncobux)

No score for this post
April 18 2014, 9:15 AM 

6-9 now.

Not horrible. Not great.

After the first two series, I questioned whether this team had the offense to even sniff .500.

I take it back. 6-9 is horrible.
"Insert witty quotation here"

Katie
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
April 18 2014, 12:48 PM 

So glad I'm not into baseball and don't follow the Reds. Watching two Cincinnati teams fail yearly would be too much.
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
April 27 2014, 7:39 PM 

Cueto better learn to hit a home run if he ever expects to get another win this year.

How could management not see this coming? I say they did and just decided to throw in the towel for the year. The only question becomes, will they try to build a team after this year that is worth anything?

Dave
(Login DaveinWV)

No score for this post
May 6 2014, 4:11 PM 

We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks. Can they overcome the injuries? Can Cozart stop sucking? Can Heisey be a regular? Who will be the 5th starter when they need it? If they hit the break 5 or less games out it would be a small victory. Don't know if they care, but Stephen Drew, SS, is a FA. It would be depth and an upgrade.

Storm
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
May 6 2014, 6:18 PM 

"
Can they overcome the injuries? Can Cozart stop sucking? Can Heisey be a regular? Who will be the 5th starter when they need it?"

These questions and many others will be answered in the next episode of Soap
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
May 7 2014, 2:46 PM 

Injuries and slow starts have killed them, but the season is very very very very very long.

No panic yet.
But serious concern at this point.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
May 7 2014, 5:12 PM 

It's amazing they did as well as they did all that considered. Even in the loss column with ST. Louis. When they get all their pitchers back and if/when Bailey starts pitching well they will have a formidable pitching staff.

T
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
May 25 2014, 8:14 PM 

I think the Reds are to the Cardinals what the Wolverines are to the Buckeyes.... bitche$.

They are an ugly team to watch.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
May 26 2014, 6:44 AM 

Looks like the Reds are in a slow downward spiral at this point. Unable to beat the top teams even at home , Reds look like a 2nd division sub .500 team now. Probably will be out of the hunt by the end of June.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
May 26 2014, 9:45 AM 

I know that this does not directly involve the Reds but there is some good baseball discussion in this thread.

The Miami Marlins are 26-25 and in the thick of the NL East race. Again, I'm wondering how again and again that seemingly mom and pop operation can build, tear down, rebuild, tear down, rebuild, etc while the Reds of the world can seemingly never get over the hump (let alone teams like the Royals or Mets or Orioles or Indians or Pirates).

If the Reds (or one of those aforementioned teams) could trade their scouting depts/developmental coaches/etc for the Marlins staff imagine what they could do where they can actually draw fans. It is frustrating but more power to them.

I don't think that they will hang in there without their ace for the rest of the season, but they may finish ahead of the Reds in the standings with a significantly smaller payroll.

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
May 26 2014, 3:23 PM 

I have no real hope for the Reds.

The way I see it, this team has always had problems scoring runs. That was one of the reasons they signed Joey Votto for trillions of dollars for trillions of years. Problem is, after the injury he is not the same player, and from what I have learned about the injury, he never will be again.

Essentially this team depends upon the long ball. Problem is, those are few and far between. No one on this team hits will with runners in scoring position.

As for the pitching, the bull pen is suspect. I think the starting pitching is fine, other than Homer who they just signed for trillions of dollars. Homer is just an average pitcher I think.

I just hope that Votto does not turn into another Ken Griffey Jr., or maybe he already he has batting around .250.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 58 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return