<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Who's got the "Mike Brown Still Sucks" Bumper Sticker?

August 15 2016 at 6:07 PM
No score for this post

psychostats  (Login psychostats)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 70.92.18.131

This is a very belated post, but we ought to address something. I hope you all read about this back in July, from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

A glass of Pepsi in his right hand, his left hand pocketed, Mike Brown rocked on his feet slightly and laughed at himself a bit.

He was recently told of a worn bumper sticker on a pickup truck driving into downtown Cincinnati that read, “Mike Brown still stinks,” and he referenced Richard M. Nixon’s concession speech in 1962, when the candidate for California governor proclaimed he was no longer going to be a punching bag.

“What the heck, I’m in a business where there’s got to be someone to kick around,” Brown said with a chuckle. “I’m happy to be kicked around. I’m still here. Go at it if you will.”

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/07/26/cincinnati-bengals-mike-brown-perception/87582600/

Okay, you know that last word wasn't "stinks." As Paul Daugherty once told Storm, it's hard to get "sucks" in the newspaper.

Tacit conformation comes from Hobson:

The race for the presidency got Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan telling Brown a story Monday night at Lewis’ annual kick-off party for his coaches and front office staff. While Brennan was driving, he got behind a vehicle extolling the virtues of Republican nominee Donald Trump with two bumper stickers, one of which was rather obscene. Brennan couldn’t quite fathom what it said and when he looked closer he saw that a third bumper sticker that read, “Mike Brown Still Bleeps.”

No one laughed harder than Brown and he was still telling the story Tuesday. He even offered it to the microphones.

“What the heck? I'm in a business where there's going to be someone to kick around, as Nixon once said,” Brown said. “You don't have me to kick around anymore -- you remember his speech? I'm happy to be kicked around. I'm still here. So go at it if you will.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mike-Brown-makes-another-run-for-it-all/02550f8b-9aec-4a91-86d4-cd5aff1bb651

So which one of you gents has a pickup sporting this weathered bumper sticker? I hope it was one of us. Come on, fess up. The Hobson piece makes me wonder if it was Murf.

I doubt if the audio is downloadable, but it's worth a look.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

Re: Who's got the "Mike Brown Still Sucks" Bumper Sticker?

No score for this post
August 15 2016, 7:19 PM 

Wish it was me

Wish we knew who it was lol
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
September 25 2016, 7:00 PM 

This message has been edited by LoyaltyClause from IP address 208.102.87.83 on Sep 25, 2016 7:00 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 23 2018, 6:14 PM 

We finally get to see the video. Check it out.

http://cin.ci/2F2F8kG

I still highly doubt that the bumper sticker used the word "stinks".

Another old thread, this one about MB's press conference that birthed that gem.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1480394988

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Jan 23, 2018 6:19 PM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
January 23 2018, 6:36 PM 

Funny how Mike Brown refers to what people think about him is a perception like they are wrongly perceiving him to be very bad at his job

BTW speaking of Paul Daugherty , did I ever share the story of when I flew on a plane with him to Seattle?
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 23 2018, 9:57 PM 

No you didn't. Do tell, please.

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

PD

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 2:18 AM 

He called me once. Not to outdo Storm. I'd rather hear his story 1st.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
January 24 2018, 4:00 PM 

Was flying to Seattle in 2007 to see the Bengals Seahawk game, PD was sitting two seats over from me, I was in a great mood and feeling playful, I look over and tell him I'm flying to Seattle to see the Bengals, I could tell he didn't want to be bothered so I started telling him about Shaun Alexander and how he was from Florence Ky, he was like yeah I know and looked back down at his magazine, then I said hey, did you know that Ken Griffey Jr was from Cincinnati? he looked very uncomfortable and said, yes I know that, so then I said, did you know that the Cincinnati airport was in Kentucky? He looked up with a painful look on his face like great I'm on a 5 hour flight with a retard , I then let him off the hook and explained that I knew who he was and was just messing with him, he had a look off relief and smiled and said shew lol

And right on que a baby that was with a woman sitting next to him started crying , that baby cried for what seemed to be an hour straight, I look at him and he just shakes his head and puts his face in his hands , he has to remember that flight, probably the last time he evcer flew coach lol
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 25 2018, 5:01 PM 

That's a good story, Storm. Messin' with Daugherty, lol.

Falc, you're up.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Jan 25, 2018 5:01 PM

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

PD

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 6:59 PM 

So, back in the 90s when I was still living in the Nati, I was reading the Enquirer. The PD Column happened to be on it--and it discussed Marge Schott in a bad light.

Of course Margie deserves the bad light. Nazi armbands. The smoking. The "honey" thing. But she was a winner on the ballfield for the most part.

I was unfamiliar with PD at the time. So, at the end of his article, there is a number to call to leave a VM.

I couldn't resist. I called. I left a semi-scathing message about how Marge Schott is getting all this attention and he's forgetting about somebody:

Mike F. Brown

Then the improbable happened--he called me back.

I couldn't believe it.

First off, the shock (I don't think) didn't wear off that he called me during the duration of the call. Second, he calmly explained to me that I wasn't familiar with PD Columns and he grills Mikehole consistently.

We talked for about 20 minutes about how Mike Brown is pretty much an a-hole (that probably came from me)...

It was a pleasant conversation for the most part--but I got the feeling that he was somewhat annoyed by me not knowing about his other articles. LOL

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 10:37 PM 

Poor misunderstood ol' Daugherty. All those knee-jerking readers who don't read his column religiously. Boo hoo hoo. Please pass me a tissue.

Falc, is there anything you wish you had said but didn't think of at the time?

BTW, Daugherty keeps writing that he could see himself friends with Mike Brown if only the circumstances were different. Yeah, MB would make a great friend, right up to the moment the two of you didn't see eye to eye on something and you needed him to reconsider.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
January 29 2018, 5:22 AM 

Do you guys remember when Chris was on Andy Furman? He wanted him to come dwn to the station, I tried to talk Chris into it but he wouldn't lol
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
January 29 2018, 5:29 AM 

Off topic but do you guys remember when Bronco was on Wheel of Fortune? lol
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

To be fair

No score for this post
January 31 2018, 11:47 PM 

"Falc, is there anything you wish you had said but didn't think of at the time?"

Well, Doc was right. I didn't know PD Articles very well at the time. I was fresh out of college...and didn't have time to get more versed in his writings.

If I knew his stuff, this is what I would have told him:

You know you're pretty hard on Mike F. Brown...but IMO, not hard enough. I know you want to keep you job and you can't write "f*ck Mike Brown" in the Enquirer without a hefty fine...but come'on. You guys aren't friends...

Something to that degree. I believe PD thinks he's "giving it to MFB"....but we all know better.

IF he truly wanted to, I believe he would post here. Some would argue that he graces our presence periodically.

I would tend to agree to that statement since some of his articles sound like some of us to a lesser degree.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
February 1 2018, 6:13 AM 

Since Storm brought his name up, how long has it been since Bronco posted?

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
February 2 2018, 5:06 AM 

Good question Hook, been a while, guess this board needs to get back to its roots and start posting more political stuff lol
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
February 2 2018, 10:28 AM 

For political stuff someone's going to have to call out Murf on something - maybe insult his man trump or something like that or something about blm's.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
February 2 2018, 4:02 PM 

Maybe Komrade Trump's pending indictments will bring on a return of Bronco's humor posts and Murf's histrionics.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return