<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

The Perpetual Marvin Lewis Hot Seat Roundup

August 15 2016 at 8:11 PM
No score for this post

psychostats  (Login psychostats)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 70.92.18.131

The national scribes keep putting Marvin Lewis on the imaginary hot seat. He continues to keep his job. Another year goes by. The Bungles again fail to win a playoff game. Another spate of commentary arrives heralding his warm backside. Nary a peep of factual evidence accompanies the drivel. Mike Brown remains monolithic, unbending, unyielding. The cycle repeats itself, again and again and again.

As Hook would say, pure comedy gold.

It seems so clear now. SI's Don Banks claiming that 2016 is a "slam dunk" for heat puts it all into focus. This is the thread. We've cited examples for years and they're all over the forum. Let's collect them all in one place. A virtual Hall of Shame for clueless scribes who refuse to treat Mike Brown as the unmistakable sui generis that he is. We'll keep a listing here of everyone who makes the claim, along with dates of occurrence. (To be perpetually updated with examples past and future.) Individual quotations will come in subsequent posts. No restrictions on the time frame.

The Marvin Lewis Hot Seat Hall of Shame

Silverman, Steve . . . . . Jul 2007
Marvez, Alex . . . . . . . Mar 2009
Banks, Don . . . . . . . . May 2014
Marvez, Alex . . . . . . . Feb 2016
Ruiz, Steven . . . . . . . Feb 2016
Arthur, Kenneth. . . . . . Mar 2016
Cole, Jason. . . . . . . . Apr 2016
Boren, Cindy . . . . . . . Apr 2016
Marston, Bette . . . . . . May 2016
Banks, Don . . . . . . . . May 2016
La Canfora, Jason. . . . . Jun 2016
Fowler, Jeremy . . . . . . Jul 2016
McManamon, Pat . . . . . . Jul 2016
Harvey, Coley. . . . . . . Jul 2016
Cohen, Matthew . . . . . . Jul 2016
Salvadore, Damon . . . . . Aug 2016
Massey, Evan . . . . . . . Aug 2016
Bofah, Kofi. . . . . . . . Oct 2016
Krimmel, Ben . . . . . . . Oct 2016
Parzych, Dan . . . . . . . Oct 2016
Kaylor, Jimmie . . . . . . Oct 2016
Frank, Vincent . . . . . . Oct 2016
Davis, Nate. . . . . . . . Oct 2016 (thrice)
Lambert, Erik. . . . . . . Oct 2016
Phillips, Ryan . . . . . . Oct 2016
Kronemberg, Jaclynkelli. . Oct 2006
Davis, Nate. . . . . . . . Nov 2016 (four times)
Smiley, Brett. . . . . . . Nov 2016
Jones, Jonathan. . . . . . Nov 2016
Broome, Anthony. . . . . . Nov 2016
Lambert, Erik. . . . . . . Nov 2016
Rappaport, Ian . . . . . . Nov 2016
Burke, Chris . . . . . . . Nov 2016
Caplan, Adam . . . . . . . Nov 2016
Clark, Ryan. . . . . . . . Nov 2016
McMullen, John . . . . . . Dec 2016
Davis, Nate. . . . . . . . Dec 2016 (five times)
Broome, Anthony. . . . . . Dec 2016
Ogus, Simon. . . . . . . . Dec 2016
Cooley, Chris. . . . . . . Dec 2016
Wilner, Barry. . . . . . . Dec 2016
DaSilva, Cameron . . . . . Jan 2017

Don't forget video rants like those by Stephen A. Smith.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Jan 9, 2017 7:01 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: The Perpetual Marvin Lewis Hot Seat Roundup

No score for this post
August 16 2016, 6:23 AM 

Betting odds tend to tell the truth (much like fivethirtyeight has taught us with elections)...right now his odds are 2500-1 to be the first coach fired in 2016. I think that makes him 22nd but I read on Cincyjungle that makes him 10th (I don't have the list in front of me but I gather that a majority of the population does not understand betting odds and thus reversed the order...then again, I could be misremembering and maybe he was 10th, but I thought that he was tied with Zimmer ironically wherever he was). Whatever it is those are pretty long odds. The guys higher up on the list are the ones that you would expect (Gus Bradley, Sean Payton, Mike McCoy) and the guys at the bottom (least likely to be fired) are also the ones that you would expect (Belichick, Tomlin, Carroll, McCarthy).

I would think for that to happen they would need to start out 1-10 or something atrocious and not have a disasterous injury (i.e. Andy Dalton, much like why his 2008 was forgiveable when Palmer was hurt for most of the season).

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 16 2016, 7:16 AM 

And I just looked 5000-1 at 23rd.

Zimmer is 7500-1 and at 24th.

Most likely is Caldwell (Detroit) 370-1.

Least likely is Belichick/Arians/Carroll 25000-1.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/8/10/12420896/betting-odds-released-which-nfl-coach-is-getting-fired-first

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 16 2016, 8:24 PM 

Thanks for those odds, Sam. Clearly they failed to quantify the Mike Brown continuity effect, or else the odds would be 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1. Or more. Most certainly more, but I got tired of typing zeros.

Speaking of continuity, if anybody browses this thread years from now, while an ancient Marvin Lewis is still head coach, you may want to know where this thread originated. The 2016 offseason was remarkable for scribes hailing team adherence to stability, consistency, constancy and... continuity. And every now and then a national scribe would claim that Marvin Lewis was on the hot seat. Like that made any sense. You can find that old thread here.

Marvin could go 0-16 and keep his job. He could lose in the first round of the playoffs for the next 50 years, no matter.

Okay, to start our roundup, will will pull from that old thread. We'll begin with the most shameful example. A Bengals beat writer actually thinks that Marvin Lewis might be on the hot seat down the road. That would be: Harvey, Coley.

AFC North Q&A: Who is on the hottest seat in the divison?
ESPN.com staff - Jul 2, 2016

Jeremy Fowler, Pittsburgh Steelers reporter: The answer is not -- wait for it -- a Browns coach. ... If anyone must be on the hot seat, it's Lewis, who just signed a one-year extension but needs a January breakthrough eventually. ...

Coley Harvey, Cincinnati Bengals reporter: For once, the hottest seat in the AFC North doesn't belong to a Browns coach. ... Marvin Lewis' seat could get red hot in January if the coach fails to lead his uber-talented Bengals team to the playoffs for the first time in six years.

Pat McManamon, Cleveland Browns reporter: The Bengals usually don't put people on hot seats, but if Marvin Lewis doesn't win a playoff game before the turn of the century, even Cincinnati may give in. The Bengals have made the playoffs five years in a row, and they lost their first game each time. That has happened all seven times Lewis has guided a team to the playoffs. The longtime coach deserves credit for getting the Bengals there. At some point, though, it would be nice to win one of those postseason games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/88613/afc-north-qa-who-is-on-the-hottest-seat-in-the-division-2

More to come.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Aug 16, 2016 8:30 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 16 2016, 8:36 PM 

This one is almost as bad, as the scribe was a former Bengals beat writer. That would be: Marvez, Alex.

7 NFL coaches already on the hot seat for next season
Alex Marvez - Feb 10, 2016 at 11:43a ET

6. Marvin Lewis, Bengals

After five consecutive seasons of first-round playoff losses, will the Job-like patience of Bengals owner Mike Brown ever wear thin? Lewis had better not push it by failing to win in the postseason once again.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-coaches-on-the-hot-seat-jason-garrett-marvin-lewis-rex-ryan-jeff-fisher-021016

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 17 2016, 5:40 AM 

That makes sense. If I were to personally rank the hot seats in the division:

1. Marvin Lewis - all continuity and his relative success aside last season's meltdown was bizarre (and blameless on him) enough to keep him around. I'm thinking that MB is more worried about regression at this point and if the Bungs miss the playoffs that may enough??? I think the world of him but even the stubborn Brown family I would think will cave to fan/media wishes at some point (i.e. painted endzones and new socks lol).

2. John Harbaugh - IMO the best head coach in the NFL (including Belichick) but the Ratbirds have not had much sustained losing, and have already once fired a Superbowl winning coach (Billick). The fact that he's second indicates to me that there will be a lot of continuity in the AFC North from 2016-2017. I personally think that the Ravens will surprise people and will finish ahead of the Bengals in the division

3. Hue Jackson - the Browns are crazy and could be God awful this season, but for once I think that they give the coach the benefit of the doubt and a second season. With that said he is already atop this list if/when we discuss this again in August of 2017

4. Mike Tomlin - the Rooneys are patient and the Steelers are poised for a really good season barring injuries. He does need to start winning playoff games though (I believe only 1 playoff win since the 2011 season, and that was the one the Burfict/Pac-Man handed them last January). So his odds of getting fired midseason should be the 25000-1, but his odds of being fired after the season are better than that.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
August 17 2016, 9:21 AM 

"After five consecutive seasons of first-round playoff losses, will the Job-like patience of Bengals owner Mike Brown ever wear thin? Lewis had better not push it by failing to win in the postseason once again."

One quick question - what if the bungs miss the playoffs and finish 3rd? Will this fit into mikey's possible worry about regression and if the fan uproar approaches critical mass? I think Marv will have to have 5 poor seasons in a row before mikey takes action and the fan uproar will become so bad even Mikey can't stand it. Trouble is after 5 such seasons Mikey might be dead by then - he is 81 now.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 17 2016, 11:38 AM 

I wasn't thinking before typing my last post but how many years are left on Marvin's contract? That will play a huge role also.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 17 2016, 9:03 PM 

This thread is already drawing participation. Cool.

Sam, Marvin Lewis should never, ever top any list of hot seat candidates. Not while Mike Brown still calls the shots. Nope, no matter how logical the argument may be. Firing is an absolute impossibility. Mike Brown will likely mandate the continued employment in his will.

By the way... Marvin renews his 2-year contract annually, adding another year each time. Always a bridesmaid playoff-wise, never a lame duck. We covered that in our continuity thread. He re-upped back in April.

Additions from Sports Illustrated: Marston, Bette; Banks, Don.

Coaches with the most to prove: One playoff win would spare Marvin Lewis
Bette Marston - SI.com - Wed May 25, 2016, updated May 26

No one would call that a coaching failure by any means. But amid those wins, there’s one glaring stain on his résumé. Becoming the first coach to lose five playoff games in a row isn’t what the franchise wants to see. Cincinnati owner Mike Brown has been notoriously patient with Lewis—maybe even to a fault—but Lewis needs to prove that he can win when it really matters. ...

Take a quick look at Cincinnati’s history in the last 25 years, and anyone can recognize and should appreciate where Lewis has carried the franchise. It’s no secret that they preach continuity and stability in Cincinnati, and while Brown remains the de facto GM, Lewis manages most day-to-day matters.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/05/25/marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-playoff-history-nfl-coaches

Note Marston's audacity in referencing continuity. In the same piece!

Now here's "Slam Dunk" Banks in the related podcast:

NFL Audibles: Coaches Under Pressure
https://soundcloud.com/sportsillustrated/coaches-under-pressure-bills-media-policy-replay

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
August 18 2016, 9:14 AM 

"I think the world of him but even the stubborn Brown family I would think will cave to fan/media wishes at some point."

Yeah psycho I was about to say, there's you an instance to cite. LMAO

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 18 2016, 7:07 PM 

Here's the scribe who at least admits it's a hypothetical: Arthur, Kenneth.

Turning Up the Heat on NFL Coaches
Kenneth Arthur - March 25, 2016

What about some hypothetical final straws for some of these other high-profile head coaches? ...

Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals

Lewis is pretty much the least successful-but-still-successful coach in NFL history. He's taken the hapless Bengals to the playoffs seven times in the past 11 seasons, as many as they had before him, but they're 0-7 in those games.

It's hard to believe that any coach could survive seven wild-card exits -- or five in a row -- but the bar hasn't been set very high in Cincinnati. But maybe it should be.

The Bengals have a good opportunity to stand up and be the best team in the league next season. They've won 10 or more games in four straight seasons; they return most of their best players; and they have a good quarterback, a great receiver, a solid offensive line and a potentially elite defense. It's finally time that Cincinnati wins a playoff game. If not, then it's time for a change.

Final straw: Miss the playoffs in 2016

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/169013660/sean-payton-extension

Make that a hypothetical that can never happen.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 18 2016, 8:16 PM 

Maybe the boldest hot seat claim this past offseason came in a Bleacher Report video. The would be from: Cole, Jason. Cincy Jungle provided a transcription.

Report: Bengals ownership growing impatient with Marvin Lewis

Talking to multiple sources in and around the Cincinnati Bengals organization, [there's a] growing impatience by ownership, led by Mike Brown, about the future with coach Marvin Lewis. Lewis has been there for 14 years, and Mike Brown has been overwhelmingly happy with that tenure, especially when compared with the previous three coaches and a 20-year span in which the team did not make the playoffs and had an overall losing record. However, the big issue with Lewis is an obvious one: there have been no playoff victories for Lewis, and there's a growing feeling within the organization that this is as good a team as the Bengals have ever had...These teams compare very favorably to the ones that went to the Super Bowl in the past, and [they] should be performing at that level. Lewis fails to do that. We could see the end of the Marvin Lewis era in Cincinnati as soon as after this season upcoming.

video:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630717-insider-buzz-bengals-ownership-growing-impatient-with-marvin-lewis
article:http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/6/11379632/report-bengals-ownership-growing-impatient-with-marvin-lewis

No way to that last part (about seeing an end to the Marvin Lewis era). Nooooo waaaaaay. Obviously a case of badly misreading the tea leaves.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 21 2016, 3:02 PM 

More cliché silliness al la La Canfora, Jason.

The NFL coaching hot zone: How secure is your favorite team's coach?
Who's closest to the heat and who's impervious? We take the temperature of all 32 seats
Jason La Canfora - CBS Sports - Thursday, Jun 09, 2016

Tier 1: Mercury

These guys are closest to the sun, and not because their star is shining the brightest. It's win now or else for many of these guys, and any prolonged skid could lead to talk of in-season replacements in some cases. ...

Marvin Lewis, Bengals: He has to win a playoff game sometime or a change will be made, right? He has lost a ton of top assistants the past few years and some key players, too. His postseason record could damn him, even though Mike Brown is league's the most patient owner. There have been a series of short-term extensions in recent years.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-nfl-coaching-hot-zone-how-secure-is-your-favorite-teams-coach/

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 21 2016, 3:10 PM 

We can't forget the Baltimore blogger who was amused at Coley Harvey putting John Harbaugh on the hot seat. So he did something more amusing and put Marvin Lewis on same. This would be: Cohen, Matthew.

ESPN reporter believes John Harbaugh has the hottest seat in the division
Matthew Cohen - Baltimore Beatdown - Jul 14, 2016, 12:00p

Are you kidding me? Yes, this is Baltimore Beatdown, so we are biased toward our coach, but really, John Harbaugh, on the hot seat?

There really aren't any AFC North coaches who are on the risk of losing their jobs at this point in time. Mike Tomlin's Steelers are Super Bowl contenders this year, and the Browns won't get rid of Hue Jackson in his first year.

To me, the AFC North coach on the hottest seat, or at least the coach closest to having a hot seat, is Marvin Lewis. Lewis has never even won a playoff game. The Bengals have proved to be a regular season only team over the past few years and with a team as talented as the Bengals are, their inability to win playoff games is embarrassing. If Lewis’s Bengals fail to make playoffs this year, or if they do make the playoffs but fail to win a game again, Lewis’s seat won’t be warm, it won’t be hot, it will be scorching.

Marvin Lewis on the hot seat? Maybe. John Harbaugh on the hot seat? Don't make me laugh.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/7/14/12174092/espn-reporter-believes-john-harbaugh-has-the-hottest-seat-in-the-division

That exhausts our entries from the continuity thread. Time to start looking elsewhere.

By the way, did you guys see that Coley Harvey has moved on? He's now a reporter for Sports Center. The new scribe covering the Bengals for ESPN is Katherine Terrell. Katherine, let us provide you with two very important pieces of information about the Bengals:

1. Mike Brown loves continuity.

2. He'll never fire Marvin Lewis.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Aug 30, 2016 7:21 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 23 2016, 6:23 PM 

There's an old gem from Alex Marvez back in 2009. The Fox Sports link is dead, but Cincy Jungle comes to the rescue by keeping their followup commentary online.

Is Time Running Out on Marvin Lewis
Alex Marvez - Fox Sports - march ?, 2009

Mike Holmgren needed seven years for his first postseason victory in Seattle. Jim Mora lasted 10½ seasons in New Orleans before resigning without a playoff win.

But both coaches had led their teams to multiple postseason berths. That's far more than what Lewis has accomplished.

Cincinnati has reached the playoffs just once since Lewis became head coach in 2003. Since that first-round loss to Pittsburgh in 2005, the Bengals have gotten progressively worse. A 4-11-1 finish in 2008 dropped Lewis' overall record to 46-50-1.

... Start with the family tree. Brown is the son of NFL icon Paul Brown. The spot Mike Brown has in his heart for head coaches became even softer when his late father was fired by then-Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell after the 1962 season.

Brown has given such previous Bengals failures as David Shula (19-52 record) and Bruce Coslet (21-39) ample time to resurrect his franchise. In fact, Paul Brown Stadium — the place where Lewis works every day — is named after someone who didn't win a playoff game during his seven seasons as Bengals coach. Mike Brown has faith in Lewis just like Dallas did in Tom Landry, who didn't notch a playoff victory until his ninth season.

... Asked about his Bengals tenure last week at the NFL owners meeting in Dana Point, Calif., Lewis said he has "gratitude" for Brown's unwavering support.

"When I signed the last contract extension after the '05 season, the thing Mike said was, 'I have more patience than you do. There's going to be some tough times ahead that people don't realize,' " Lewis said.

"Unfortunately, he's been right. I think his thing for me was to be patient and know there may be some pitfalls along the way that I didn't foresee coming."

Thank you, Josh Kirkendall, for preserving that for us. Here is what the Cincy Jungle scribe had to say at the time:
Where Marvez separates himself from others, who claim Lewis is on the hot seat every season, is around the brain of the entire thing. ... The whole thing is about patience. ... Marvez has penned the best piece, I believe, to date about the whole thing -- ranging from Lewis' longevity despite lacking success and Brown's soft spot with head coaches.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2009/3/30/815509/marvez-writes-that-brown-s

Well, yeah... but... the "best" hot seat piece still took the possibility seriously. We saw the same thing this offseason with scribes mentioning Mike Brown's yen for continuity while warming up the chair for ol' Marvin. Ridiculous.

EDIT: Meant to link to our old 2009 thread where we made fun of Marvez.http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1238552995

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Aug 23, 2016 6:28 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 24 2016, 2:39 PM 

I think the Stephen A. Smith rants have a short shelf life on YouTube, but here's what I could find that's available now.

After the playoff loss to the Chargers:

After the playoff loss to the Colts:

After losing to the Steelers in Week 15 in 2013:

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 24 2016, 3:38 PM 

Regarding Stephen A. Smith... a declaration that Marvin Lewis ought to be fired is not the same as a declaration that he might be fired. So they're not really hot seat entries, but they are satisfying related gems nonetheless.

Changing subtopics, note that Don Banks has been let go at Sports Illustrated in a cost cutting move. It's an ironic but not unforeseeable occurrence. The scribe who claimed with "slam dunk" certainty that Marvin Lewis might get canned was canned himself. Wow. Marvin Lewis, meanwhile, cruises merrily along.

Not that we have anything against the Snap Judgements guy, other than his unfortunate blind spot regarding Bengals management. He'll have some fine new digs in no time, we're sure.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/si-nfl-writer-don-banks-to-leave-in-september-says-hes-a-salary-cap-cut.html

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Aug 24, 2016 4:56 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 30 2016, 7:38 PM 

I still miss Dunn4QB, especially his sense of the absurd. RIP. Way back in 2007 he was right on point, posting and commenting about the the mythical Marvin Lewis hot seat. Below is the except and what he had to say about it.

Bengals' Lewis heads list of coaches on hot seat
Del Rio, Coughlin, Fisher, Gruden also under pressure to produce

Steve Silverman - MSNBC contributor - July 2007

Few coaches have ever been in better position than Tony Dungy or Lovie Smith. The two friends led the Colts and Bears, respectively, into the Super Bowl and the game was a memorable moment for them and the coaching community.

No matter what happens in 2007, both should be safe for at least one more year on the NFL sidelines.

But there are many others who will begin the season on a much shorter leash. Five have to produce winning seasons or they will almost certainly be gone, and five other coaches also have concerns going into the new season. ...

Marvin Lewis, Bengals

It looked so promising for Lewis after the 2005 season. The Bengals had won the AFC North, tossing aside years of losing and jokes from talk-show hosts to become one of the most explosive teams in the league. But when Carson Palmer was lost with a severe knee injury in the Bengals' wild-card playoff loss to the Steelers, the franchise went into reverse. Not only did the team struggle in 2006 with an 8-8 record, the Bengals became the poster boys for commissioner Roger Goodell's zero-tolerance policy for criminal behavior. The Bengals have had 10 players run afoul of the law since Jan. 1, 2006, and Lewis will bear the responsibility for turning the situation around. Not only do the Bengals have to return to the playoffs, but they have to change their off-the-field behavior and show that they can become solid citizens. It might not be Lewis's fault, but the head coach is the symbol of the franchise, and owner Mike Brown never has shown the inclination to take the pressure off of his top lieutenant.

[dead link to msnbs.msn.com article]

Dunn4QB...
...I would think Marvin would have to murder Mike Brown to get fired... and uhhh, I am not even sure he'd get fired for that? < rim shot >

So here we are nine long years later. Marvin Lewis is still the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals. And scribes continue to claim his job is in jeopardy. Check out the whole thread with the old timers making fun of the claim.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1183855021

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
September 9 2016, 2:23 PM 

It's obvious that any year Marvin made the playoffs regardless of whether he won or lost, he would keep is job, no matter if it was 100 straight years. But do you think there could be a distinct possibility that say, after a 4-12 season or 4 straight 4-12 seasons or 4 straight years of not making the playoffs that Mikey could actually get fed up with it and fire him? Because at that point the fans would be fed up as well and they would quit putting money in his pocket by coming to the games. But as bengalbear once said, Lewis is Mikey's pet and even that level of ineptitude might not even get him fired. Just a thought.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
September 9 2016, 5:27 PM 

Marvin Lewis does enough things right that he's unlikely to rip off a string of losing seasons. If that were to happen somehow, Lewis would likely be ale to survive longer than did Dave Shula, who always lost the majority of his games. So if you start counting from the next losing season, that's 7-8 years out, at least. Certainly longer if he manages to sneak in an 8-8 season.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return