<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Munchkin mick

No score for this post
February 15 2017, 5:56 PM 

I don't see this team going anywhere, at all. They'll probably be a first round exit in the tournament just like all the other Cincy teams. This town is very familiar with the words "one and done". Also I'm not too confident UC would fare well in a better conference. They're beating most teams in the American but they're beating all of them boringly and unimpressively. It's not like they're blowing all of these American teams out by 30 and 40 points. I think if they were in the Big 12 or ACC or some major conference then it would be rough sledding. They'd probably be an NIT/No kind of tournament at all team. NIT at best.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 50.25.67.157 on Feb 15, 2017 6:26 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Negative Feedback Loop

No score for this post
February 18 2017, 2:45 PM 

It's kind of like a negative feedback loop. Because they are in a B conference they will have a hard tome getting great players and they will continue to be a one and done team. Tubberville found this out also and I wonder why he gave up on getting players from this area - the good ones basically told him to get lost when they could play for big name schools so he basically gave up recreating here. The same can also be said for Cronin also.

Bungleistic

No score for this post
February 26 2017, 2:12 PM 

If UC can't beat an average UCF team on the road then how are they going to fare against a better team than UCF that presents a tougher matchup on a neutral court in march? Unless they learn how to win away from Fifth Third they're not going anywhere. This team is capable of making a tournament run? Please....

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
February 26 2017, 7:19 PM 

I figured they'd have a rough time with UCF as it's their senior day. UC has too many weaknesses to be considered a serious tournament team. At this pace they'll be lucky to go in a 6 seed (they play like one) and as I stated earlier lucky to win one game.

Bungleistic

No score for this post
March 11 2017, 5:12 PM 

All the concern earlier in the season about them making free throws in march when it counts went kaput tonight. Clutch FT shooting in the final minute helped the Cats to a conference championship appearance tomorrow. Let's hope they can keep this play up in the real tournament come next weekend.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 7:30 PM 

UC didn't do themselves well today as they laid an egg against SMU. I'm not sure it would have made much difference anyway as both SMU and UC went in as 6 seeds but it would have been nice for UC to have some momentum going into the Dance. However Cronin didn't do UC any favors as he antagonized the committee earlier in the week with his comments as seedings have a lot to do with ticket sales which the Committee chairman denied. However UC got sent out west to play either KSU or WF either of which are capable of beating UC at this point. I speculate but can't prove that UC got punished by the committee and was sent west again where they have a history of playing poorly. Looks like they might not get past round 1 again. Way to go Mick.

Bungleistic

No score for this post
March 19 2017, 8:45 PM 

Have to say that this is my favorite UC team I've ever watched even though it's over now. Losing Caupain and KJ is gonna be tough but we bring back a formidable frontcourt and Jacob Evans, and the sixth man of the year in the AAC Cumberland who is only a freshman and in my opinion is going to be really good. Expected UC to lose to UCLA and had it picked in my bracket but I'm still proud of the Cats, had the best season record wise in the Cronin era and the future is bright in my opinion.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 50.25.51.87 on Mar 19, 2017 8:47 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return