<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Lance McAlister on Marvin Lewis

January 4 2017 at 2:34 PM
No score for this post

Synonymous Bengal  (Login stormincincy)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 97.81.188.11

"I will always maintain that Lewis deserves more credit than most fans will ever give him for turning this franchise around, rebooting it, twice, and establishing it as a model for scouting, drafting and developing."

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/imagine-posing-these-question-after-14-15436831/

Guy is a bigger clown than the clown LMAO
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

LC
(Login LoyaltyClause)

Re: Lance McAlister on Marvin Lewis

No score for this post
January 4 2017, 6:04 PM 

given up on Lance... dude is such a homer blowhard.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 4 2017, 6:10 PM 

I was getting ready to say that McAlister has become Bungalized, too, but the rest of the article is actually pretty good.

When does Lewis stop getting credit for turning the franchise around and start facing demands of actually advancing the franchise? He made the wide turn with this thing. How about driving it forward?

Why doesn't Marvin face the same expectations and demands of any other NFL coach?
Can you imagine another ownership accepting 14 seasons without a single playoff win? Can you imagine the media in another NFL cities handling his tenure like it has here?

I wondered a year ago at this time when Lewis would be held accountable?
I'm still wondering a year later. ...

Yup. We're long past the stage of being happy with consecutive playoff runs. Fans and media in no other city would put up with it. This situation turned into a joke long ago.

Scribes who think that the fans are happy with this sh1t are clueless.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
January 4 2017, 6:24 PM 

"Scribes who think that the fans are happy with this sh1t are clueless."

I think the fans who go to the games the season ticketholders and such are happy with the team as is. They are quite content to have their tailgate parties and are resigned to mikey running things the way he does. They are grateful to have an NFL team and they recall the situation in Cle back in 1995 and they realize if Cincy loses the bungs there will never be another pro team here again. The main reason Cle got one was because Cle is a stronger football market than Cincy. Mikey knows all this so he is content to appeasing the above mentioned fans even if making the playoff occasionally will suffice.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
January 7 2017, 12:05 PM 

8-8 is great.... words of MB.

Thus why It's beyond silly to invest any type of financial or emotional support of this team. It still amazes me to see some of you expecting anything other than mediocracy and failure.

Mike figured out the secret formula to minimize spend and keep demand and revenue high. Coincidence that they became competitive with the rookie wage scale? Coincidentally they don't play the FA market? Example. Look at PBS - the most drab, ugly, boring, stadium in the NFL. All part of the formula for low overhead heavy revenue stream. The Browns may suck but at least they try. They will win a playoff game long before the bungles.

Wake up Cincinnati.

T

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
January 12 2017, 10:12 PM 

You have to understand - I may have said this before in another way - mikey is playing to his audience who are the season ticket holders. Mikey is in the entertainment business and will do what he needs to do to satisfy them and right now they are satisfied. As a result what you see now is what you will get in the future.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return