<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Doc: Would Cincy be better off without the bungs?

January 13 2017 at 2:20 PM
No score for this post

Bungleistic   (Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 50.25.46.36

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/01/12/cincinnati-safe-bengals-move/96490978/

Dave Clark writes an interesting article here. With Mike Brown running things, one would think Cincy would be more than better off without the bungs because nothing has changed or will change while he is still alive. Who knows, maybe we could be facing the same fate as San Diego in 10 years.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 50.25.46.36 on Jan 13, 2017 2:20 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lumina
(Login 72360)

Re: Doc: Would Cincy be better off without the bungs?

No score for this post
January 13 2017, 3:35 PM 

For one we already faced that once when the clown threatened to move to Baltimore and Hamilton County caved in and bought him a stadium.I don't think the city would be better off without the bumblers but I'm damn sure the city would be so much better off without the clown and his nepotistic regime.The bumblers could be a very viable entity for the city with decent ownership that had 100% nothing to do with the clown and his family.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
January 14 2017, 11:55 AM 

Cincinnati is cursed with MB and his family. The team needs new ownership but I seriously doubt you will ever see the team leave the Browns hands. It's a legacy and will be passed down time and again long after we are all gone.

You can only hope when Mike goes away his young will want a winner.

T

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
January 14 2017, 3:53 PM 

I think the ticket paying fans will keep the team here after the lease expires. They saw what happened in St Louis, San Diego, Cle, and Oakland and they want a team even if it is half a$$ed run by mikey. They feel it's better than nothing.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
January 15 2017, 1:45 PM 

I know that there is skepticism from many of us that Katie Blackburn will be just more of the same as he father, but as I have pointed out in the past, there are next generation owners that [unexpectedly] do modernize things and turn things around.

In the NFL, the younger Bidwell has turned the Arizona Cardinals into a model franchise in many ways. A destination for free agents and a team that expects every year to compete for the NFC West and the NFC title. Sure, they are not Patriots perfect or even Steelers or Broncos solid, as evidenced by this past season, but they are building a nice franchise there that seems like it will be very unlikely that they fall back into their old 4-12 ways, even after Fitz and Palmer retire, and/or if Bruce Arians leaves.

The Chicago Blackhawks of the NHL are are an even better comparison. The elder Bill Wertz (now deceased, like MB presumably was not going to turn over control until death) was running the Blackhawks into the ground (the AHL Chicago Wolves out drew them for a year I believe); was notoriously cheap (he refused to televise home games other than via Pay-Per-View, with thoughts that fans should attend games). And overall was losing big (the Blackhawks for the last decade of his life were kind of the 1990s Bengals with the differences being history as an NHL "Original Six" and being in a big media market being the notable differences). When he passed his son quickly overturned seemingly EVERYTHING, including bringing back historical greats to drive fan and alumni excitement, televising all home games, spending in free agency, etc. And thus they have been a top 3 NHL franchise with the LA Kings and Pittsburgh Penguins, winning multiple championships since and maintaining excellence in non-championship years.

Not saying that Katie will do all of that, but there is hope at least?

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Bill Wertz

No score for this post
January 15 2017, 10:06 PM 

How in the hell do you waste Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios all in their primes??!?!?!?!?!?

Only Bill "Cheer at my funeral" Wertz would find a way.

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
January 17 2017, 6:26 PM 

You are all naïve to think Mike Brown will ever die.

The Swamp Rat
(Login deweywarren)

San Diego Bengals

No score for this post
January 22 2017, 1:42 PM 

San Diego doesn't want the Bungs

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return