<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Dumb bungs are at it again

February 2 2017 at 5:22 PM
No score for this post

bengalbear  (Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 174.101.146.174

Another glaring weakness of the bungs has surfaced - NE picked up a TE from the bungs - Matt Lengel - from the bungs practice squad. He wasn't good enough to play for the bungs so NE picks him off the bungs scrap heap and he is now #2 on their depth chart at TE. We are seeing why the bungs will never be a serious contender for they let a TE go and kept the fragile Eifert. NE has the vision to get these kind of players and mikey and his crew just don't have it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

Re: Dumb bungs are at it again

No score for this post
February 2 2017, 8:53 PM 

To be fair the city and this board would of went crazy if they gave up Eifert and kept this dude. Credit NE for recognizing talent. Remember they like every other team have actual real scouts. Not just friends of the family who and scout by reading Kiper.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
February 2 2017, 9:16 PM 

That's the point I was trying to make. With the ridiculously tiny FO and scouting dept mikey thinks he can get it done. He thinks using I Pads, laptops cell phones and video conferencing that he will somehow get it done. Mikey is in the stone age compared to the top teams and they know it. Mikey's philosophy is he might get lucky and with his methodology get to a SB if it falls in his lap. Top teams like NE are on it every day looking to retool and build depth in case one of their top guys goes down. Mikey is woefully short in this department and that why they will suck for a looong time.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
February 3 2017, 5:49 AM 

The Patriots have not usually made good use of these depth tight ends to be honest.

Remember, Gronkowski was a 2nd round pick and Aaron "Bang, Bang" Hernandez was a fourth rounder in the same draft, so they obviously went into that draft looking to address that need (i.e. the 2016 Bungs and offensive tackles). Otherwise, Bennett was a UFA.

Their clever trades for the likes of Sefarian-Jenkins did not produce much at all.

This guy is just there to practice and add depth, or maybe he has special teams potential on the coverage and return teams.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
February 3 2017, 9:48 AM 

NE used Lengal in a game against the Jets and he produced - caught a td pass. The bungs need depth at TE due to the fragile Eifert and he should have been kept. He has some talent or else NE wouldn't have taken him.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
February 3 2017, 2:41 PM 

"To be fair the city and this board would of went crazy if they gave up Eifert and kept this dude"

I didn't do a real good job on this - I really meant keep Lengal as a backup and use Eifert - he has history of playing half a season. I think the bungs need a tight end in round 2 of the draft - Eifert is too unreliable. Thanks to the bungs poor research dept they didn't do a good job on Eifert.

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
February 14 2017, 2:21 PM 

And they're at it again! Practice squad caliber corner Bene Benwikere inked to a deal by the clown. This dude will sure be tons of help.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/14/bene-benwikere-signing-with-bengals/amp/

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
February 15 2017, 7:24 AM 

That last one could have gone in the continuity thread also lol.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return