Mock Draft Stuff

February 8 2017 at 9:17 AM
No score for this post

ItmightbeJB  (Login ItmightbeJB)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 24.29.18.77

From Walter Football:

Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

The Bengals signed Karlos Dansby to be their second linebacker last offseason. Dansby wasn't horrible, but his play from 2015 definitely declined, and he's now a free agent anyway. Cincinnati could definitely target Reuben Foster at No. 9 overall, especially if it thinks he's the best player available.

Foster is obviously a stud linebacker worthy of being a top-10 selection. The only concern with him is that he has suffered multiple concussions already, but Marvin Lewis has repeatedly stated that he doesn't believe in concussions, so I don't think the Bengals will care.

From Matt Miller:

The Pick: LB Reuben Foster, Alabama

Getting younger, faster and smarter at linebacker has to be a top-tier priority for the Cincinnati Bengals this offseason. Adding a plug-and-play stud like Reuben Foster accomplishes that in one pick.

Foster's range, instincts and tackling skill set are among the best you'll see at middle linebacker in college. He's tailor-made for the pro game with his speed to the edge and what he's been asked to do as the "Mike" linebacker for Alabama. Compared to former Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley, I like Foster's upside and athleticism more.

The Bengals are well-positioned on the offensive line and with skill position players on offense, but fixing the defense will be something Marvin Lewis and his staff cannot ignore or put off.

From ProFootballFocus: (They have the Bengals moving up 2 spots for this pick)

Cincinnati Bengals: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Losing WR Marvin Jones has hurt the pass game this season and Davis brings the draft’s best route running to complement WR A.J. Green on the other side. Davis can get open at the short and intermediate level while sprinkling in the spectacular catch as well. He’ll give QB Andy Dalton a reliable target who can get open quickly to take the burden off the suddenly poor offensive line.

From SBNation:

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, MLB, Alabama

The Bengals are one of the teams picking high in the draft that only need a couple key pieces to return to the playoffs. A player like Foster could step in straight away and make an impact in the middle of the defense.

From DraftTek:

Cincinnati Bengals: Solomon Thomas, Edge, Stanford

Solomon Thomas is the name that continues to be linked with Cincinnati. The Bengals may choose to trade back for more picks which could make sense, but with such a poor year of getting to the quarterback it would be hard to pass up on a game changer like Thomas. Margus Hunt is a failed aging project who Cincy is not likely to bring back as he hits Free Agency --unless they keep him around strictly for blocking kicks. Michael Johnson proved with his height and slight frame he is just not built to win leverage against NFL offensive linemen. Thomas is a gym rat with elite physical attributes who also has a great understanding of using his hand placement to shed blockers. He plays the run game well, but makes a living coming off the edge and harassing QBs. Thomas is also a versatile player with the ability to play all across the defensive front; giving him a tremendous amount of value. He's an immediate upgrade to the position and will help improve the defense as a whole from Day One.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

Re: Mock Draft Stuff

No score for this post
February 9 2017, 6:21 PM 

No need to worry about taking a WR, LB or DE, gotta stick to that bungle draft tradition of taking a corner in the first round. I'm sure Mikey will maintain it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
February 9 2017, 6:56 PM 

It sure looks like they have a chance to grab a good player, doesn't it? This could be a year where they pass up several future pro bowlers who get snapped up in the next few picks. With the Bungs ending up with some nondescript player.

That will make it all the funnier.

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Here's who I'm thinking

No score for this post
February 9 2017, 11:20 PM 

McCaffery, JR. Stanford. Anybody who thinks this kid won't make it in the NFL doesn't have his head on straight.

Oh. What's that you say?

No Offensive Line? F*ck it. You know MFB. He masturbates when thinking about taking a skill player in the 1st round. It's like us normal dudes with the Cheryl Tiggs poster back in '82.

But that's all water under the bridge now.

Reality? It's gonna be that kid from Western Michigan. I mean after all, who wants to shell out a plane ticket for "scouting"....when you can just jog right up 75 in a 90s Version Lumina?

What a savings.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Feb 9, 2017 11:22 PM

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
February 10 2017, 8:29 AM 

I think they should take a defensive lineman or a linebacker but if CB Marshon Lattimore out of OSU is taken before the Bungs pick, they'll take CB Quincy Wilson out of Florida. But they'll most likely pick either one of them in the 1st round regardless. You heard it here first. Mikey loves maintaining certain traditions and he'll maintain this one. No way he's gonna focus on team needs.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 72.151.53.68 on Feb 10, 2017 9:02 AM

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
February 10 2017, 4:13 PM 

One would think that Giggles, being famous for developing one of the best Linebacker corps I can remember at Baltimore, would be one to lobby for better linebackers than he has. They went out and got Karlos Dansby and he sucked. Vinnie Ray is serviceable. Nick Vigil set a world record for missed tackles per play this year I think. Maualuga is D-O-N-E and Burfict could be suspended again just for swatting a fly.

Take the kid from Alabama and let Burfict go back to WILL which is his natural position. With as many good DE's in this draft they can probably get a good one in the 2nd round. Get rid of Mrgus Hunt and Michael Johnson. Fire Dansby and Maualuga and see what Flowers and Dawson can do as backups.

They could also free up some cap space by getting rid of Jeremy (I'm too stupid to play football) Hill and keeping Rex Burkhead.

Getting rid of Peko might free up enough cap space to keep Zeitler and with the cap going up anyway they might be able to keep Kirkpatrick and Whitworth too. Of course none of these things will happen. I'm ready for my thorazine now mom.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return