<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Thanks Mikey!!

February 21 2017 at 8:56 AM
No score for this post

Bungleistic   (Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 216.69.46.13

You think the bungs had offensive line woes last year? Well:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2017-andrew-whitworth-rumors-cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line/hn0fr259joaw1mu6wim6nwqyq

They just got worse. Sad to hear because he was one of my favorite bengals of all time, a perennial pro bowl tackle mainstay. Guarantee you that he is gonna have a lot of fun "spitting in the clowns face", as Lumina likes to say, for a super bowl contender. My prediction is that wherever he goes next year he will either A) Make a trip to the Super Bowl, or B) Win it. Mohamed Sanu wrote Mikey a thank you card for letting him out of loserville and allowing him to be signed by a legit super bowl contender, and I'd assume Whitworth will eventually do the same. Thanks Mikey

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 216.69.46.13 on Feb 21, 2017 9:00 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Thanks Mikey!!

No score for this post
February 21 2017, 10:44 AM 

All that I can say is: GOOD FOR HIM!!!!

With that said these are not the kinds of moves that really move the needle much with Mikey or the fans for that matter. For everyone of us who sees this as more proof that Mikey has zero respect or believe from his own players or the NFL community and its players, fans will read this as "Whitworth hates Marvin" or "Whitworth is greedy" or "Whitworth doesn't believe enough in himself to win on his own, so he is going to go somewhere to latch onto a winner," none of which is necessarily true, but can easily be digested by the sheep to make themselves feel better about their NFL franchise.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
February 21 2017, 11:55 AM 

I think we're getting an advance indication about what this year will be like and it's not good. Time is running out for Whitworth and he sees the chances of the bungs doing anything this year as poor so he wants out. Who can blame him?

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
February 21 2017, 7:53 PM 

Most likely he's staying:

“I love Cincinnati and want to be there,” Whitworth told co-host Solomon Wilcots and me Monday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I’m pretty positive things will work out in a way that I’ll be there in the end. But I want to take advantage of the opportunity of being free and listening to what other people have to say. I think that’s the right way to do it.

“At this point in my career it’s about the challenge, the excitement of trying to win that Super Bowl. I want to make sure wherever it is, and hopefully it’s in Cincinnati, that team is prepared to try and fight for that trophy.”

I realize that you guys are reading the tea leaves, but Whit probably isn't going to stick it to MB and ML like we'd like to see happen. If there was an obvious other suitor for his services it would be much discussed by now.

Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
February 25 2017, 7:37 AM 

Honestly have to agree with Stats here in that his quote is the jist of what he is saying.If Whitworth does leave I will be happy for him and to watch him "spit in the clowns face" would be an absolute pleasure but I think business wise it would be smart for the clown to let him walk.bumblers always seem to hold onto to their aging players too long for "one last contract"I;e Big Willy,Adam Jones,and I understand the loyalty and admire that quality.That being said if this franchise had any clue at what they were doing and ACTUALLY followed their own directive,they would let the Whitworths walk,let the younger players that they drafted to replace him play and concentrate on signing the younger guys that will help you more in the long run.If they resign Zeitler and Kirkpatrick then I would believe in their process.The fact that hey let both Marvin Jones and Sanu walk,Reggie Nelson,Big Fatty Smith and others just shows me that they are clueless and it's almost like they throwing darts at a board to see who they will keep.The reality is they don't know how to accomplish their own directive.Good franchises will let the aging guys walk at the right time,most all are are very effective at supplementing their teams by using free agency in the right amounts.The clown just sits on his hands hoping the right players will fall through the cracks to him,AKA sifting the trash so you don't lose compensatory picks.The other sad truth is even if the bungs had 20 picks in the draft,they are still too stupid and arrogant to use them properly.I;E use your picks to trade up to get the impact player that you need when you have the surplus picks.Dont sit there and let fate decide who you are going to pick when you have the ability to get who you need.We all know this won't happen,the clown will draft 11,and they will all rot on the bench until Giggles feels they are ready to play.Let the vicious cycle continue

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return