<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

NFL Combine

March 3 2017 at 8:05 AM
No score for this post

ItmightbeJB  (Login ItmightbeJB)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 24.29.18.77

I usually don't watch a lot of the combine stuff but since it was either that or Rachael Ray cooking this morning I tuned in. I watched the O-Linemen drills, pretty boring, but I did notice how Pat Elflein of Ohio State looked so much better than everybody else at virtually every drill they did. He's also bigger and faster than most of the other linemen. Don't be surprised if he moves way up the boards.

Wouldn't it be nice to see him push aside Russell Bodine at Center? He might also be a serviceable replacement for Kevin Zeitler.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: NFL Combine

No score for this post
March 3 2017, 8:04 PM 

Well, the Bengals scouting dept does find OSU easy to scout (considering that all OSU games are locally televised across the state) so I suppose that there is a chance.

Hopefully not the next Joe Germain or Mike Nugent though.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Low-Hanging Fruit

No score for this post
March 5 2017, 3:11 PM 

I could scout OSU and I live in California. The Buckeyes are on regular TV for probably 10 out of their 12 games here. For the other 2, I could go to the Buckeye Bar and catch it there. IN SACRAMENTO. It wouldn't be hard.

Mikey's "Scouting Department" is still a joke. 27 years later.

BTW--here is the User's (Normal Fan's) Guidebook of Watching the NFL Combine:

YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!??!?!? DON'T. DON'T WATCH. The Combine is for NFL GM's with a career death wish. Combine winners? The guy from U-Dub that has the 40-yard dash time (actually, he IS going to be decent in the NFL with the right system)....but NFL Teams will over-draft him due to his 4.2-something speed.

Other combine winners? Remember Brady Quinn? Yeah, the QB that benched 225 something like 23 times? He somewhat won. I like the GMs that buy into this. Hey--that OLT just benched it 40 times. I love it.

Yeah. You love the fact that he's a gym rat. An athlete. EVER LOOKED AT THOSE GAME TAPES COLLECTING DUST ON YOUR DESK ON THE SAME PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!? He's wiffing on those blocks against better players. Yet the same ATHLETE can high jump and touch that last colored rectangle thingy.

Hey, if you're gonna be an ATHLETE--THEN GO RUN TRACK AND FIELD IN 2020. GM's why in the f*ck do you buy into that sh*t? To put more azzes in the seats?

Never understood the combine. But if I were GM of say THE BROWNS, I would look more at the player INTERVIEWS than at the 40 times. Sure, they are significant. But I would rather be looking at how the player actually PLAYS THE GAME.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
March 5 2017, 3:40 PM 

Btw when the camera panned up into the pressboxes where the scouts were sitting I saw giggles but no one else. The other good teams had 3 or more scouts there but the bungs only one. Was Zampeze there? But not to worry. mikey uses Kiper's best picks so he doesn't need to bother with much else.

Murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
March 5 2017, 5:18 PM 

Pointless in this day and age.

Good to talk with and interview potential players, but the work outs are pointless.

Don't care how well someone can run, throw or catch in shorts.

Bengals need to be smart.

Trade Dalton and Hill
Release Johnson/Rey/Pacman and Peko

Use all of that money to keep
Dre...McArron..Whit..Zeitler ..Burkhead.

Then work on extensions for the next class of free agents.

The Bengals are going nowhere with Dalton, he just doesn't have it.
Hill is garbage, dime a dozen short yardage back.

Draft....
Linebacker/Safety/Wideout and Center.

All of this is just silly talk, because you could give Giggles a Probowl roster and he will still fuch it up.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
March 5 2017, 5:24 PM 

Dalton while not an elite QB still made the pro bowl despite spending the first 8 weeks on his back. QB is not their most pressing need right now. I'm concerned about the tight end position - the bungs need someone who can play more than half a season.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
March 6 2017, 1:53 PM 

Sure, that's solid logic, but you are forgetting that the sheep see AJ McCarron as the second coming of Dan Marino.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return