<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Free Agency

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 10:31 AM 

It does amuse me how the same teams make the same mistakes (hence, my skepticism in the Browns and 22 draft picks at their dispense the next two years).

Most teams can find kickers on the scrap heap. The Buffalo Bills signed Dan Carpenter to a big contract (for a kicker) two years ago. He was a failure, especially in 2016. However, the Bills, who are not necessarily a kicker away from being a championship contender, parted ways with Carpenter and in free agency gave Steven Hauschka an even bigger contract. The same Haucshka who missed 5 PATs and cost them a huge game with Arizona midseason and drew the ire of Pete Carroll.

Keeping in mind that still on the "scrap heap" as of when they made this signing was Blair Walsh, who Seattle snatched up after losing Hauschka, and who will save the Seahawks over 2 million in cap space.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 10:43 AM 

This exodus of talent is pretty entertaining. Whitworth gone. Zeitler gone. Peko gone.

Duke Tobin went out of his way to praise Whitworth and Peko for their leadership and overall value to the team. So much for that. In June when the pundits write the "team offseason grades" the Bungs will be near the bottom, and we'll be feasting on every article.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
March 12 2017, 3:49 PM 

Also entertaining is going to the Bengals forum and reading the usual convo:

Person A - "I've had enough of this team after rooting for them for many years. They will never win with Mike/Marvin at the helm. I'm tired of wasting my time. I'm done."

Person B - "Just go then! We don't need fairweather fans like you."

Person C - "Bye. Don't let the door hit you."

Person D - "I've tried to quit, and I can't so I'll be here. I just hope for the best."

Person E - "Everyone is panicking too much (launch into convoluted explanation of why things aren't so bad and things will be different).

And it goes on.

--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Katie

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 9:57 AM 

Is there a letter before "A"??!?!?!? LOL

Nice calls on the A-E Spectrum though. Totally agree there. That's the top 5 Bungle Fanbase personality-wise. Nice work.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 10:30 AM 

Person F - "We just have to do better"

Person G - "We'll get em next year"

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Bear

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 12:37 PM 

Isn't that sort of fitting as:

E(i) and E(ii)?!?!?!?!?!?

Am I being too nitpicky? LOL

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

You know what stat I want to see?

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 1:55 PM 

How many fans the Cincinnati Bungles have lost as opposed to the New England Patriots.

What do you think this figure would be for these last 27 years?

50 to 1?
100 to 1?
500 to 1?

Higher? That one Patriot Fan lost due to being deceased? Bungle Fans in denial wanna comment?

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 2:42 PM 

I bet it might be closer to 2-1 if that. These fans that mikey counts - the season ticketholders and the tailgaters wouldn't give that up for all the world. You might see a bump up if the team became like the Lions were a few years ago and went 4-12 for 5 or more years ago but then it wouldn't be much. Mikey knows this and it is one of the reasons he does what he does which is the bare minimum. That burst of luck he had in the draft was an aborration and it will quickly revert back to the mean. We'll find out this year when mikey has all those draft picks from losing the FA's a year ago + the regular allotment. Not to worry mikey is a pro with the laptop, Ipad and video conferencing.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
March 19 2017, 5:31 AM 

As of today, the Bengals have $24,778,665 remaining cap space for 2017, per the NFL Players Association.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return